Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/9/2004 10:34:28 AM EDT
So I went down to make some 10mm MG ammo, and I found this little guy in a box of brass I had left out to be sorted.

I picked him up with a Nitrile glove I had laying around, that's what he's laying on in these pictures.

So I showed Teri, and she said I should try to save it. We've kept mice before, but they were white 'feeder' mice that someone gave us (had 3 generations over a few years). She read up on what's needed to take care of him and finally decided she didn't want to do the work to save him. (instructions found here)

He'll sit on my reloading bench with me until about 5, when I need to get ready to take my mother out for Mother's day.

I figure once I'm done, I'll put him back as close to where I found him as I can (in case his mother comes looking for him). Anyone else have any opinions? Yes, I realize he's spawn of a pest, but I do have a heart and will not intentionally kill a helpless animal.

Jonathan
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 10:51:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Do you have a cat? Problem solved....

Kevin
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 10:52:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 11:00:52 AM EDT
[#3]
For cryin out loud - it's a friggin mouse! Just kill it and throw it away. If you can't handle that, take it outside, away from the house, and leave it there. Mice are more than just "pests".
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 11:03:44 AM EDT
[#4]
My local pet store sells those feed mice for $1 each.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 11:10:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Flush it.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 11:26:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Got a clay pigeon thrower?
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 11:30:28 AM EDT
[#7]
:\
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 11:37:23 AM EDT
[#8]
I used to work in a pet store, that looks more like a rat than a mouse.  If you found it all by itself, then I suspect that the mother was moving her offspring and you startled her, causeing her to drop it.  That or it has been ostrizied by the mother for some reason.  Like any animal, mother rats(mice) don't leave their offspring unattended or alone.  
Plus, now that you have handled it, the mother is not likely to take it back.  Dont feel bad, She probably has 6-10 more to take care of.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 11:39:15 AM EDT
[#9]
We call those "pinkies", feed it to your nearest snake.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 1:22:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Tannerite
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 1:44:03 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
So I went down to make some 10mm MG ammo, and I found this little guy in a box of brass I had left out to be sorted.
vlsi1.engr.utk.edu/~turnmire/zo.jpg
I picked him up with a Nitrile glove I had laying around, that's what he's laying on in these pictures.
vlsi1.engr.utk.edu/~turnmire/zi.jpg

So I showed Teri, and she said I should try to save it. We've kept mice before, but they were white 'feeder' mice that someone gave us (had 3 generations over a few years). She read up on what's needed to take care of him and finally decided she didn't want to do the work to save him. (instructions found here)

He'll sit on my reloading bench with me until about 5, when I need to get ready to take my mother out for Mother's day.

I figure once I'm done, I'll put him back as close to where I found him as I can (in case his mother comes looking for him). Anyone else have any opinions? Yes, I realize he's spawn of a pest, but I do have a heart and will not intentionally kill a helpless animal.

Jonathan

Just throw it out the window Panzy
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 1:55:45 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Got a clay pigeon thrower?

Launch
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 4:28:40 PM EDT
[#13]
If don't have a friendly neighborhood snake to feed it to, load it into a shotshell.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 4:55:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 10:46:57 PM EDT
[#15]
MMMM, Honta Virus

Digital
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 10:57:38 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Tannerite

That's fucked up...
I like it.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 11:08:54 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
www.misplaced.net/stfu/thesolution.jpg

now all we need is a picture of a guy holding a hand over his mouth as in "shut up"
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 11:18:43 PM EDT
[#18]
To big for a mouse. Its a rat!

The only good rat is a dead rat except for my daughters rat.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 3:20:10 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I used to work in a pet store, that looks more like a rat than a mouse.  If you found it all by itself, then I suspect that the mother was moving her offspring and you startled her, causeing her to drop it.  That or it has been ostrizied by the mother for some reason.  Like any animal, mother rats(mice) don't leave their offspring unattended or alone.  
Plus, now that you have handled it, the mother is not likely to take it back.  Dont feel bad, She probably has 6-10 more to take care of.

It does look pretty big to be a mouse and the head looks longer than a mouse too.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 3:24:14 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
vlsi1.engr.utk.edu/~turnmire/zo.jpg
vlsi1.engr.utk.edu/~turnmire/zi.jpg

Jonathan

Just throw it out the window Panzy

Like the definition of it.

I am surprised he shoots targets ................. considering that the paper came from trees and all..
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 3:26:12 AM EDT
[#21]
Looks dried up and dead to me. Throw it out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top