Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 1/17/2006 4:16:21 AM EDT
This genius responded to the 15 year old shot in Fla this week...

Karmakaze (402 posts) Sat Jan-14-06 09:49 PM
Response to Reply #4

5. The thing is you shouldnt die from a joke...
I personally think cops are too aggressive. If I had my way I would make it a crime to fire the first shot, so police officers HAVE to wait until at least ONE SHOT is fired before they shoot. I know that won't be popular, but with modern body armour the risks from the first shot are a lot lower than they used to be.

In my opinion cops should not be allowed to be judge jury and executioner based on perceived INTENT. He may look like he is going to shoot, but until he does, you don't know for sure he will or even if the gun is real. Taking cover, containing and cordoning and waiting for the offender to fire the first shot, would save a whole lot of lives.

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:22:27 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:22:47 AM EDT
That's a great idea. Then when that first shot goes through some kid's head, we'll all be able to bitch about how the police should have killed that kid when they realized he was dangerous.

I think it should be against the law for the police to take an armed hostage taker or active shooter alive.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:26:49 AM EDT
"All right, varmit, go fer yer gun. "

yeah, right.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:32:58 AM EDT
Wiskey Tango Foxtrot.

Should that be applied to CCW too?
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:38:09 AM EDT

Originally Posted By sydney7629:

Response to Reply #4

I personally think cops are too aggressive. If I had my way I would make it a crime to fire the first shot, so police officers HAVE to wait until at least ONE SHOT is fired before they shoot. I know that won't be popular, but with modern body armour the risks from the first shot are a lot lower than they used to be.

In my opinion cops should not be allowed to be judge jury and executioner based on perceived INTENT. He may look like he is going to shoot, but until he does, you don't know for sure he will or even if the gun is real. Taking cover, containing and cordoning and waiting for the offender to fire the first shot, would save a whole lot of lives.

Allow me to translate what this idiot is saying into practical language:

I personally think cops are just itching to kill somebody. If I had my way I would make it a crime to actively engage a threat until said threat has had at least one opportunity to kill you. Police officers should give the bad guys first opportunity to kill them. With modern body armor the risk is less than it used to be, and cops ought to be willing to soak up a bullet because we can't be sure a bad guy means harm until he actually hits someone with a bullet.

In my opinion cops should not be allowed to be judge jury and executioner based on manifested hostile intent, as the past couple of hundred years of American jurisprudence and moral standards are outdated. Someone may, after all, manifest the intent to fire and not actually fire and in such cases waiting until the person actually shoots and/or kills someone to use lethal force on them will save lives.

Police should have to risk death by allowing a bad guy to shoot first in all situations so that people who use weapons in a life threatening manner or who use fake weapons with the intent to menace people with the threat of death can be protected. I don't feel it is unreasonable to expect someone else to face more risk.

END TRANSLATION.

I have said it before, and I will say it again: Liberals are narcissists of the worst kind. Anyone who listens to their rantings seriously ought to be put in a home where they can't hurt themselves.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:38:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/17/2006 4:39:20 AM EDT by John_Wayne777]

Originally Posted By JIMBEAM:
Wiskey Tango Foxtrot.

Should that be applied to CCW too?

No, you thilly!

These are libbies! There should be no such thing as CCW or private ownership of firearms. Don't you know that by now???

"Civilians" should have no option of self defense whatsoever, and should be left helpless in the face of menacing threats.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:39:01 AM EDT
You have got to be fucking kidding me.

The stupidity announced from the lips of some people never ceases to amaze me.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:41:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/17/2006 4:42:31 AM EDT by efpeter]

Response to Reply #4

I personally think I am too aggressive. If I had my way I would make it a crime to fire the first shot, so I HAVE to wait until at least ONE SHOT is fired at me before I shoot back. I know that won't be popular, but with modern body armour the risks from the first shot are a lot lower than they used to be.

In my opinion I should not be allowed to be judge jury and executioner based on my perceived INTENT. He may look like he is going to shoot, but until he does, I don't know for sure he will or even if the gun is real. Taking cover, containing and cordoning and waiting for the offender to fire the first shot, would save a whole lot of lives.

There. That's better. I'm going Karmakaze hunting.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:47:38 AM EDT
family tree
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:50:37 AM EDT

<snip>
I know that won't be popular, but with modern body armour the risks from the first shot are a lot lower than they used to be.
<snip>

reminds me of dumb and dumber..... "but what if he shot you in the face"
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:56:42 AM EDT

Originally Posted By jrob709:

<snip>
I know that won't be popular, but with modern body armour the risks from the first shot are a lot lower than they used to be.
<snip>

reminds me of dumb and dumber..... "but what if he shot you in the face"

Or in the arm hole of the vest, or the pelvis, or the thigh....All places that can kill.

My personal opinion is that we ought to make this little f*cker wear soft body armor and face the danger he so flippantly wishes to impose upon people who actually do the job as opposed to sit behind a nice safe keyboard ranting about sh*t they know nothing about.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:01:21 AM EDT

Originally Posted By John_Wayne777:
My personal opinion is that we ought to make this little f*cker wear soft body armor and face the danger he so flippantly wishes to impose upon people who actually do the job as opposed to sit behind a nice safe keyboard ranting about sh*t they know nothing about.

+ eleventy gazillion.

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:01:55 AM EDT
As usual, DU taking the bad guy's side, whether they're criminals, terrorists, or Saddam Hussein.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:02:34 AM EDT
Sounds like the same stuff they were saying after that crazy guy was shot after claiming to have bomb on an aircraft.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:04:51 AM EDT

Originally Posted By raven:
As usual, DU taking the bad guy's side, whether they're criminals, terrorists, or Saddam Hussein.

And if you show up over there and make a pro-life post, they will call you a mysogenist who wants to see women dead.

They are so f*cked up in the head that it defies description.

People like the DU dweebs make me sick of the 1st Ammendment. If that is how it is going to be used, just get rid of it and lock all those clowns up.

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:06:09 AM EDT

Originally Posted By sydney7629:

Response to Reply #4

What a great idea. Since they know cops can't make a preemptive strike criminals can take their time and make the first shot count. Liberals are soooo smart.

Shok
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:06:11 AM EDT

Originally Posted By JIMBEAM:
Sounds like the same stuff they were saying after that crazy guy was shot after claiming to have bomb on an aircraft.

Clearly the Air Marshalls should be forced in every situation to allow someone to detonate an explosive before actually doing anything about it, because that will save lives!!

I flushed something last night that has a higher IQ than all the DU idiots put together.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:13:20 AM EDT
No one needs a gun...

...not even cops,

...give them all trudgeons and bobby whistles,

...the cops who do carry guns should have to check them out from the armory when they clock in and check them back into the armory when they clock out before they go home.

right Dianne? right Chucky-Fuquey? right Sarah?, right Teddy?...

(that's right, I'm being feces-tious...not facetous)
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:13:35 AM EDT
Hopefully that DU asshole will be taken hostage some day and the cop will wait until his hostage taker puts a bullet through his head before firing.
Top Top