Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2004 4:16:56 AM EDT
Front page on the AWB atricle.  Yeah, you have to do a few clicks to get to it, but it actually has FACTS.  Never thought I'd see that at the Commie News Network.

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 4:21:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 4:25:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 4:51:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Look on the front (home) page.  There is a article on the sunset which is currently "AK-47s, Uzis and TEC-9s legal again after today "  (they have changed the title twice).  Next to it is a link called "Explainer" which is an interactive link.  I don't know how to directly link it or I would.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:27:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Definitely scare tactics in the title, "AK-47s, Uzis and TEC-9s legal again after today."  CNN makes no effort to hide the fact that they're candy-ass liberal poo-stabbers biased against guns.  The "Explainer" gets most things right, surprisingly.  The major mistake I saw was the assertion that full autos have already been banned.  I was going to send them an email to correct them, but then I realized that the more sheep think that they're already illegal, the less likely they are to be banned.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:34:56 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Poll: www.cnn.com/2004/US/09/12/gun.ban.ap/index.html

"Gunsmith Justin Davis holds a Ruger mini-14 rifle, illegal to manufacture under the assault weapons ban."

Uhh, wtf?!
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:36:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:40:52 AM EDT
[#7]

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:44:59 AM EDT
[#8]
They still talk about Uzis and AKs which are banned from importation as well as TEC-9s... of which the company is out of business.

Yeah there are a few copy-cat companies (esp. for AKs) but none are actually labeled AK...

Kinda like saying my Bushie isn't REALLY an AR-15... its an XM-15.... biotch.

- BG
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:46:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Priceless:

"...Feinstein was horrified by the 1984 shooting rampage at a McDonald's in San Diego County that killed 21 people and the massacre of five people five years later at a Stockton elementary school yard.

But it was the shooting at a law firm in San Francisco in 1993, in which eight were killed and six wounded, that persuaded her to push for the assault weapons ban..."

I guess normal peasant -types and kids are one thing but don't go after lawyers.  Very telling indeed.

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:56:12 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Priceless:

"...Feinstein was horrified by the 1984 shooting rampage at a McDonald's in San Diego County that killed 21 people and the massacre of five people five years later at a Stockton elementary school yard.

But it was the shooting at a law firm in San Francisco in 1993, in which eight were killed and six wounded, that persuaded her to push for the assault weapons ban..."

I guess normal peasant -types and kids are one thing but don't go after lawyers.  Very telling indeed.

What types of weapons were used at McDonald's?

I thought it was 2 handguns, 1911A1 was one, that were used in the law office shooting. Perhaps a revolver was the second one. Neither of which were "banned"

On the new they just had the commentators reading e-mails, one guy wrote in banning guns based on cosmetic features is like banning cars, based on the type or style of hood ornament, and saying you did soemthing about drunk driving................

I could get more into McD's but I'm sorta short on facts, and I'm sure there would be a pissing match.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top