Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/24/2001 9:23:56 AM EDT
I live in Canada, and as most of you know allot of your representatives look here for a demonstration of what gun laws can do. And let me tell you what gun laws have done for my family.
A month ago my mother (50 yrs old and divorced) was telling me how she was in fear for her life that her ex boyfriend would kill her, she called the police and got a restraining order. But that wasn’t enough, so I told her to get a firearms license. She applied and went thru the course but in order to get the license to actually buy any firearms she would have to have her neighbor, a co-worker, her boss, and a family member fill out a form, then it would take 1 - 2 months for her actual license to come (this isn’t even a license you could buy a handgun with, that’s another 3 months and there is a waiting period that would make your US version look like a nap).
Anyways I woke up last week and turned on the TV to hear that her and her sister where both stabbed to death by her ex, and that they had called the police 5 times and the operator brushed her off and asked her if she was drunk and no squad car was sent tell an hour had passed.

One day this will be all your fates, I recommend you fight for the freedom we lost so long ago.
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 9:36:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Sincerest condolences, my brother.
Sadly, I hate to admit that that is precisely the direction our misguided nation is headed.  There don't seem to be enough of us to win the war; as I've said before the demise of the 2nd. amendment truly seems to be merely a few politicians & a few short years away.  All we all can do is all we can do.  Redundant as that sounds, we all need to fight a little harder, & instead of spending your next $100 or so on that next necessary accessory, send it to the NRA or likewise "friendly" lobby.  
Wake up & smell the coffe, everyone - the end is growing nigh...
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 9:36:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Scarecrow,

That sucks man.
Sorry for your loss....

So, what is happening to the "ex"?
Lew

Link Posted: 6/24/2001 10:10:16 AM EDT
[#3]
That's awful... I'm sorry you lost so much.
What's the guy getting?

What's even sadder is that this isn't an isolated thing, but has happened in the past and will continue to happen in the future until the liberal "more government is a panacea" politicians and their tree-hugging "make love not war" hippie constituants realize that the average, law abiding citizen has the right and the resposibility to protect themself and their loved ones.

Hearing crap like this pisses me off.
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 10:18:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Sorry for your great loss, I am disgusted at the way things are going here too. We could send this post to every puke politician in congress and most wouldn't even read it. The end of firearm ownership is not far away for us either. We are going to lose our guns because Americans have gotten hooked on government handouts. To many Americans stick their hands out before they wash the sleep out of their eyes in the morning, just like baby robins in a nest waiting for government bird to feed them. I believe as long as liberal politicians give them their candy, most Americans could care less about their heritage or voting to save the second amendment/gun ownership. I do what I can, but it will take 10 million NRA members to get our  politicians attention.
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 10:50:04 AM EDT
[#5]
He hasn't been to court yet, chances are he will get life. and as far as I am concearned so should the woman who answered my mothers 911 calls.... asking her if she was drunk... laughing at her as she cried....
my taxes payed so that I could lose my mother before her time.
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 6:36:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top