Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2001 12:39:43 PM EDT
I went for a short flight to day, taking some workers to a worksite. The lack of chatter on the radio was deafening. I knew that almost no one was in the air, but couldn’t keep myself from checking to make sure the radio was on.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 1:53:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Ummmm.  How did you get your clearance?  They are arresting pilots here that violate the no fly order.  Just curious.  Planrench over.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 2:55:28 PM EDT
[#2]
It was a preauthorized flight for public services. Going to pick them up in a little while. But everything seems to be up and running now.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 3:23:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I haven't seen any aircraft in the air for the past three days. It's eerie!

The sky was clear today and blue instead of the usual brownish. This must be what it was like before the age of the airplane/jet.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 3:24:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 4:22:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Our local skydivers got approval from NORAD to fly to Nevada this afternoon!  Damn, tomorrow I am finding out if I can start making a living again.  Planerench out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top