Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/24/2013 6:31:50 AM EDT
Looking for a threaded barrel for my G19, is it worth the extra $100 for the Storm Lake one over Lone Wolf?

I don't shoot leaded bullets, only jacketed copper.

eta: in before Dan
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 6:35:08 AM EDT
[#1]
My lone wolf threaded barrels have never been an issue...I use KKM for precision work and Lone wolf for suppressors
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 6:48:01 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a SLM bbl in my G17 and I'm quite happy with it.  Never tried the LW bbl.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 6:53:25 AM EDT
[#3]
I bought a Lone Wolf threaded and then found that none of my handloads (Rainier 124gr flat-nose) would chamber even though they are well in spec and function fine in my stock barrel.  Apparently, this is not uncommon, though it doesn't happen with all of them.  Search for ("lone wolf" "threaded barrel" "tight chamber") and you'll get a lot of hits describing it.  If you run into it, you can either have LW ream out the chamber, only use factory jacketed rounds or do what I did and load to a shorter OAL .

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 6:57:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I bought a Lone Wolf threaded and then found that none of my handloads (Rainier 124gr flat-nose) would chamber even though they are well in spec and function fine in my stock barrel.  Apparently, this is not uncommon, though it doesn't happen with all of them.  Search for ("lone wolf" "threaded barrel" "tight chamber") and you'll get a lot of hits describing it.  If you run into it, you can either have LW ream out the chamber, only use factory jacketed rounds or do what I did and load to a shorter OAL .

View Quote

I have had the same problem.  It appears to be especially bad with brass fired from glock chambers prior to hand loading.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:14:42 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I have had the same problem.  It appears to be especially bad with brass fired from glock chambers prior to hand loading.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

i don't shoot reloads, mainly it's blazer brass or aluminum - any concerns?

do different bullets get jammed up on the feed ramp?

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:34:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Probably rounds that won't chamber 100%.   FWIW this is why I ditched the Glock barrel and installed an aftermarket one.  The Glock barrel has almost no freebore for longer projectiles.   Chamber reaming takes care of it on aftermarket barrels.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:27:10 AM EDT
[#7]
I have a Storm Lake 9mm barrel in my G35; I use it for practice and 3-gunning.  I have around 1000 rounds of WWB, Blazer, and Speer through it without a single hiccup.  Only complaint is that I've noticed some minor peaning at the front of the barrel hood, but it seems to be cosmetic only.

No experience with Lone Wolf barrels.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top