Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Books
Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2009 5:15:17 PM EDT
Just Finished Lone Survivor (in 3 days). That is the most bad ass book I have ever read. I couldnt put it down. What a bunch of hard asses. As someone who has never served in the military, it just reinforced my respect for these guys.

Would STRONGLY recommend it to anyone on here.
Link Posted: 9/12/2009 8:31:31 PM EDT
[#1]
That is a good book its one that I read in just a few days as well.

If you liked that one I would say pick up a copy of these  books.

House to House- I'm just now reading this one and its really different then anything I have read on the Iraq war. If the first two or three pages don't hook you nothing will. The is by far from what I have read the best book on Iraq.

Generation Kill- This was also made into a mini series for HBO. I really liked that it showed the tough parts of dealing with each other in war and in command. I also liked that it showed even in battle and tense moments they RECON Marines can still have a good time. If you watch the series then read the book you will get the whole picture.
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 7:11:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Fantastic. I will check those out. Thanks for the suggestion!
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 2:58:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I really enjoyed Lone Survivor as well.  Very good book!
Page General » Books
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top