Posted: 9/8/2002 6:09:59 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/8/2002 6:23:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Login or Register | Headlines | Emailed News
Sunday 8 September 2002

London to host Islamic 'celebration' of Sept 11
By Thair Shaikh
(Filed: 08/09/2002)

Extremist muslim clerics will meet in London on September 11 to celebrate the anniversary of al-Qaeda's attacks on America and to launch an organisation for Islamic militants.

The conference, which will be attended by the most radical mullahs in Britain, will argue that the atrocities were justified because Muslims must defend themselves against armed aggression.

It will launch the Islamic Council of Britain (ICB), which will aim to implement sharia law in Britain and will welcome al-Qa'eda sympathisers as members.

Sheikh Mohammed

The conference, to be held at Finsbury Park mosque, north London, will be attended by followers of militant groups and chaired by their Muslim leaders, including Omar Bakri Mohammed, whose al-Muhajiroun group wants to establish a worldwide Islamic state.

Mr Mohammed, 44, who was born in Syria and lives in London, has been investigated by Scotland Yard's anti-terrorist squad for anti-semitic statements. [img]http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/graphics/2002/09/08/nextre08.jpeg[/img]
Sheik Mohammed
He said: "The people at this conference look at September 11 like a battle, as a great achievement by the mujahideen against the evil superpower.
[img]http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/graphics/2002/09/08/nextre08p.jpeg[/img]
A poster advertising the conference

"I never praised September 11 after it happened but now I can see why they did it."

Mr Mohammed, who is entitled to stay in Britain although his 1980s claim for asylum failed, said that he would not stop al-Qa'eda members from joining the ICB.

He said: "We don't perceive them as the US perceives them; we see them as a sincere devoted people who stood firm against the invasion of a Muslim country."

The clerics claim that the ICB is funded by Saudi-based businessmen, which, if true, will embarrass Saudi Arabia.

The Riyadh government expelled Mr Mohammed in 1986 and recently launched a multi-million-dollar public relations campaign to persuade America that it is rooting out Islamic militants.

Al-Muhajiroun claims to have secured a six-figure sum for funding the ICB and said it would build a dozen Islamic centres, launch a website and hold seminars and classes for Muslims.

Mr Mohammed said: "I believe the Muslim Council of Britain has sold out to the British Government. Many Muslims in Britain feel like this.

"We have been working on getting the funding for six months: it is from a group of Saudi businessmen. Please don't write about this. I am against the killing of innocent people; we are not at war with anybody in this country."

Abu Hamza al-Masri, a cleric at the Finsbury Park mosque, will be co-chairing the conference. Several suspected al-Qa'eda members have been linked to his group, Supporters of Sharia, and the FBI is seeking his extradition for allegedly trying to set up a terrorist training camp in America.

Mr al-Masri, an Egyptian who lost both hands and an eye while fighting in Afghanistan against the Soviet occupation, is also wanted in Yemen on terrorist charges.

Radical Muslims speaking at the conference include Yasser al-Siri, 40, an Egyptian-born dissident who arrived in Britain in 1993 and claimed political asylum.

He was released from custody in July after extradition proceedings by America were dropped because of insufficient evidence. Mr al-Siri has been sentenced to death in Egypt for a bombing that killed a 12-year-old girl.

Imran Waheed, the British representative of Hizb ut-Tahrir (Islamic Liberation Party), a group banned in a number of Muslim countries, and Anjem Choudary, a British-born solicitor who is chairman of the Society of Muslim Lawyers and a leader of al-Muhajiroun, will also attend.

16 August 2002: Muslims 'must defend Saddam'
14 August 2002: Muslim radicals in Britain issue 'holy war' warning
25 July 2002: London imam faces FBI inquiry over al-Qa'eda training camp
20 October 2001: 'Mouthpiece of radicals' denies links to bin Laden
12 September 2001: America on war footing

Previous story: Saddam weapons are 'a very real threat to Britain', warns Tony Blair
Next story: Disgraced Archer faces expulsion from House of Lords

Related reports  

MI5 questions Britons on Tora Bora

CPS: Terror suspects cannot be tried here

External links  

Muslim Council of Britain

Muslim News

The Muslim Directory

Islamic Information Centre

al-Muhajiroun

Association of Muslim Lawyers

Hizb ut-Tahrir [Official site]

© Copyright of Telegraph Group Limited 2002. Terms & Conditions of reading.
Commercial information.   Privacy Policy.
Link Posted: 9/8/2002 6:43:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/8/2002 6:53:44 AM EDT
[#3]
He said: "We don't perceive them as the US perceives them; we see them as a sincere devoted people who stood firm against the invasion of a Muslim country."
View Quote

Exactly which Muslim country did we invade before September 11, 2001?  If he is referring to Iraq, then maybe we should go ahead and finish the job.  Besides, that was under UN auspices.  Maybe the UN should wake up that they are a target as well and stop all their BS.

Anyone up for a road trip to London?
Link Posted: 9/8/2002 7:01:06 AM EDT
[#4]
What the Hell about the 'Muslim invasion' of a Christian nation, such as Great Britain?

Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot that Islam is the Religion of Peace.....

Eric The(BS)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 9/8/2002 7:02:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Maybe we'll find out if Tony Blair is sincere in his quest to help the US rid the world of terrorism. Sounds like a good place to investigate  terrorists to me...
Link Posted: 9/8/2002 7:09:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Sounds like London is harboring terrorist, it should be our next place to attack, [50][50]
 [-=(_)=-]
Link Posted: 9/8/2002 7:12:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/8/2002 7:13:50 AM EDT
[#8]
You mean they are going to have a gathering of Islamic extremists, outside the middle east? As far as I'm concerned, this would be a great opportunity to assist them in their quest to meet Allah. Get them all in the building, and then bolt the doors shut. Snipe the ones that get out during the fire.  Hell, we should offer to fly any that are in the US to the party for free!

Edited to add: RIGHT ON HELLDOG40!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/8/2002 7:18:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
What the Hell about the 'Muslim invasion' of a Christian nation, such as Great Britain?

Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot that Islam is the Religion of Peace.....

Eric The(BS)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

Hey ETH,

What are your thoughts on the strength of Christianity in GB? I've been under the impression that it's a "dead country" as far Christianity is concerned...How the hell else could you hold such a conference there?
Link Posted: 9/8/2002 7:21:18 AM EDT
[#10]
London has been bombed before. Maybe history will repeat it's self.
Link Posted: 9/8/2002 10:00:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/8/2002 5:26:04 PM EDT
[#12]
I dont blame the Brits , if anything they have proven to best our closest ally in time of need .

I would love these idiots to try that here , In fact if anyone hears about any kind of demonstration here it should be posted so we can counter demonstate  [;)]
Link Posted: 9/8/2002 5:29:57 PM EDT
[#13]
is this one of those marches where 20 people show up and twenty camera crews so it looks like 1000 people?
Link Posted: 9/8/2002 5:39:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I wish they would try that shit over here.
View Quote

The very sad part is they do and get away with it. I wish the Brits would dig up Winston Churchill, he wouldn't take this shit. Course they'd have to find a way to stop him from spinnning when they opened up the grave.
Link Posted: 9/8/2002 5:57:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I wish they would try that shit over here.
View Quote

But Mr. Legs you know they never will.
These guys talk alot of big crap but can't act unless they know they will not have to fight.
It's much better to bomb somebody with their back turned then fight like men.
Link Posted: 9/8/2002 6:03:25 PM EDT
[#16]
I say we fly an airliner into the building...

Bradd
Link Posted: 9/8/2002 6:13:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Bradd D:
I say we fly an airliner into the building...

Bradd
View Quote

Filled with guests from our hotel in Cuba, I hope.
Link Posted: 9/8/2002 6:19:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Extremist Muslim clerics will meet in London on September 11 to celebrate the anniversary of al-Qaeda's attacks on America and to launch an organization for Islamic militants.
View Quote

Sounds like an excellent opportunity to rid the world of a bunch of extremist Muslim cleric scumbags to me.  Hopefully big brother is watching.
Link Posted: 9/8/2002 6:23:07 PM EDT
[#19]
SA, that is a CLASSIC!  Wonder what that RPM is - light speed?  Best one I've seen in ages.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/8/2002 6:23:57 PM EDT
[#20]
i say let them have there celibration. then let all of the british military round them all up, and give them to us.  we investigate every one of them, and those who we determine should die, will die.
Link Posted: 9/8/2002 6:28:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Helluva oportunity!
Link Posted: 9/8/2002 6:38:29 PM EDT
[#22]
If all these people are meeting in one place in london, and they are wanted like the article says.   can anyone say police arrest, they did a the hard work the police should be able to round up what looks to be a large group of terrorists.    
Link Posted: 9/8/2002 6:55:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Just where the fuck is Matrix?  Planning a hadj to be with his bretheren in London perhaps?  

Come on Matrix, explain this one to me.  Explain to me again how I should not label every follower of Islam as a murdering piece of shit.

It seems to me it's time for everyone to decide just which side of this debate you are on.  Anyone who tries to sit on the fence is going to get pushed off.

Just so you know where I stand on this.  If my Mother stood up for these despicable spawn of Satan, I'd shoot her right between the eyes.
Link Posted: 9/8/2002 7:29:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Man i wish i were in London with a tactical nuke[:D]

Really guys, i wouldnt be suprised if this was orchestrated by the US and/or England for intel purposes. Anyone who goes to that is a dumbass, and will prolly be photographed or followed home by the CIA, I hope.
Link Posted: 9/8/2002 7:29:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/8/2002 9:02:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Click
Click

BOOM!

[}:D]
-oops-Ithought this was the fav song discussion.
Link Posted: 9/8/2002 9:13:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
SA, that is a CLASSIC!  Wonder what that RPM is - light speed?  Best one I've seen in ages.  Thanks!
View Quote

It's why I'm here.[:D]
Link Posted: 9/8/2002 9:37:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/8/2002 9:45:44 PM EDT
[#29]
I would like to know if this will hit the talking heads? Will it be on CNN,MSNBC or Fox?
I would bet no, it won't.

Not a really hard one to predict.

I wonder why it won't be on?
Link Posted: 9/8/2002 9:53:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I would like to know if this will hit the talking heads? Will it be on CNN,MSNBC or Fox?
I would bet no, it won't.

Not a really hard one to predict.

I wonder why it won't be on?
View Quote

Why would CNN carry it.  Christianne Amanpour is their head foreign correspondent.

She is a pro-muslim advocate, not an objective journalist.  

She'll stand and be counted only when it benefits her side.
Link Posted: 9/8/2002 10:01:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Just where the fuck is Matrix?  Planning a hadj to be with his bretheren in London perhaps?  

Come on Matrix, explain this one to me.  Explain to me again how I should not label every follower of Islam as a murdering piece of shit.

It seems to me it's time for everyone to decide just which side of this debate you are on.  Anyone who tries to sit on the fence is going to get pushed off.

Just so you know where I stand on this.  If my Mother stood up for these despicable spawn of Satan, I'd shoot her right between the eyes.
View Quote

I'm right here Huckleberry.  

And I sit on the American side of the fence, despite what you believe.

Explain what?  That a group of radicals whose ultimate goal is to fly an "Islamic Flag" over the White House?  I watched a show on this freak.  He finds, funds, & trains terrorists all over the world.  The Brits know who he is, the Americans know who he is, they all know what he does.  Why is he still walking the planet?  Beyond me....now they know where he will be & who will be there supporting him....

What the hell makes you think I support these people?  I DEFY YOU to find one fucking post where I have supported the terrorists...my offer for a free AR15 is still open.

My "brethern" happen to be Americans.

You can label whomever whatever you wish Peacherman...hate all you wish, fill your cup with as much blood as you like.  

Still won't change the fact that I support America.

Link Posted: 9/8/2002 10:20:51 PM EDT
[#32]
What this topic should have read, IMO, was:
[b]Radical[/b] UK Muslims to Rally on September 11
[url]http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&cid=586&ncid=586&e=4&u=/nm/20020908/wl_nm/britain_islamists_dc[/url]

[b]Their Jihad is not my Jihad.[/b]
[url]http://www.thestar.ca/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&cid=1026144871265&call_page=TS_Religion&call_pageid=1011789353981&call_pagepath=Life/Religion[/url]

"Suicide bombings challenge two fundamental principles of Islamic ethics: the prohibitions against suicide and the deliberate killing of non-combatants.

Today, the Muslim world stays dangerously silent and, from the same pulpits where hate is spewed, comes the potent sanction of murderous missions. Young impressionable Muslims, frustrated by their cause, are led to believe that suicide missions will take them straight to Paradise ? some being promised virgins. (I call this wishful thinking, keeping in mind that these decrees are normally given by males!)

...unsettling because many Muslim clerics and scholars, well versed in the Qur'an, remain ominously silent when it comes to condemning suicide bombers and acts of terrorism against civilians."

[b]"I add my voice to theirs, as we unflinchingly condemn those cults that practise and promote their own form of Islam and jihad rooted in ignorance, rituals and dogma.[/b]

Muslims must reclaim Islam from the hate-filled zealots
[url]http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/opinion/85431_mona911.shtml[/url]
"I tell them "they" hate me, too. Muslims across the world must understand that zealots pose as much of a threat to them as they do to the United States. Anyone who disagrees with their obscurantism is in danger. "

"We must reclaim Islam from the zealots whose hate brought down the twin towers. Moderate Muslims have been the silent majority for too long. Last Sept. 11, we realized that our silence had created the vacuum into which the zealots moved and from where they began to shout louder and louder. We have learned over the past year that we must speak up, so that they do not speak in our name."

Edited to correct my link & add quotation marks.
Link Posted: 9/8/2002 11:24:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

It's why I'm here.[:D]
View Quote

Ditto!  Bob [50]
Link Posted: 9/9/2002 1:37:19 AM EDT
[#34]
And Im sure he and his 3 or 4 little radical homies have big plans when they get together over the water pipe.
Link Posted: 9/9/2002 1:47:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Is that the only reason it won't be on? What about msnbc and fox?

I think it will not be aired because of the destabilizing effect it will have on the people here in the US. They will lose their presumed safety that has been put in place by the .gov.
...where is the tinfoil hat anim.....
Link Posted: 9/9/2002 3:06:46 PM EDT
[#36]
Matrix,

When American Muslims enlist in by the tens of thousands to fight for America against the radicals who have supposedly hijacked Islam.  And then actually fight instead of claiming Conscientious Objector status because they would have to kill other Muslims, then I will believe you.

It is now less then 48 hours away from the anniversary of the attack.  One year, and the American Muslims have yet to do anything more then offer up second class lip service.

Talk is cheap.  In order for the American Muslims to prove their loyalty to America, they are going to need to risk their lives much the same way the Nisei of the 442d Regimental Combat Team.  Those men are true Americans!

So far, the American Muslims have done nothing but run their collective mouths.  It is time for action.  So...Are you gonna talk the talk, or walk the walk?
Link Posted: 9/9/2002 4:10:19 PM EDT
[#37]
DPeacher,

If they will increase the age of enlistment, I can walk the walk.  Otherwise, I am relegated to talking the talk.

Or do you have something other than sanctioned military service in mind?

Is there an alternative other than military service; or like Jarhead 22, do you believe that that the only method of demonstrating one's patriotism is through military service?

I'm also curious:  how do you think (American) Muslims would be treated in the US Armed Forces?

I wonder what the stats are of Muslims in the US Armed Forces...before & after 911.

Link Posted: 9/9/2002 6:21:30 PM EDT
[#38]
maybe we could talk the mossad into making an extremely bloody hit on this occasion (watched a special on "operation: rath of god" the other night and im still thinking about it"
Link Posted: 9/9/2002 7:33:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
For my own mental well-being, and because I'm just tired after the events of last autumn that followed the attack, I am trying hard not to hate an entire class of people or an entire religeous faith.
But, where are the howls of outrage from moderate Muslims? Are they afraid to speak out against these manaics who have hijacked their religeon?

I know that if some freaks of nature were to try something like this here, and claim that they were Jews, or Christians, or Patriotic Americans of any stripe, well then, I'd just have to email you all my new address in prison and ask you to send me cigarettes, because I would more than likely be tried and convicted for either manslaughter or at  least multiple counts of assault with a deadly weapon.

I don't know, maybe it's just the timing, but if these assholes really see themselves as some Saladin reincarnated, calling for a real Jihad against us, then I guess they're either downright evil or just too stupid to live.

Either way, fuck it...start the Crusades 2...when Baghdad is in flames, turn the troops toward Tehran. If we can't be loved, be respected, if not that, then teach them to fear us.

You want Holy War? Okay, let's go motherfuckers.
View Quote

I couldn't have said it better myself.  Eliminating the nests that bread anti-America hatred is our only chance.  We have to finish the fight that these countries brought to us.
Link Posted: 9/9/2002 8:33:30 PM EDT
[#40]
the urge to kill them all is very much present and here. I dont hate all muslims, and I dont belive that all muslims subscribe to the peacefull religion thing ether. I am christian and christians are by nature peacefull, But all are not. So those who have taken up arms against the us have done so by choice and we should repay in kind. That is very much the end of the subject. And for those countries or groups who feel they can be neuteral you can not. They may be at peace with you for now till it is over with us. And yes your country would and will be next in one way shape or form.
Link Posted: 9/9/2002 9:11:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Matrix,

Prior to 9/11, many Muslims who were active duty Marines claimed CO status starting with Beirut in '82-'83 and progressing right on through the Gulf War.  When their country needed them most, they turned their backs on those they had sworn an oath to defend.  They claimed they could not kill a fellow Muslim who had sworn an oath to destroy America.  Their loyalty to their country and their fellow Marines meant nothing, only the Qur'an.  

I was Honorably Discharged from the Marines in December of '99 so I have no first hand knowledge of how the Muslims were treated after 9/11/01.  But knowing the inner workings of the Corps, I'm sure any Marine that crosses the line where religious tolerance of his fellow Marine is concerned would be dealt with by the command and the UCMJ post haste.

The Nisei of WWII suffered thousands and thousands more "injustices" then the American Muslim has since 9/11, and yet they still had the desire to clear their collective good name despite the terrible hardships thrust upon them by the US Government.  The American Muslims have collectively shrugged their shoulders and said "so fucking what".  The American Muslim is the first one to speak up when their space gets invaded, and wrap themselves up in the Constitution and enjoy its sanctity and safe refuge, but are the last religious group to defend the Constitution and all of the freedoms it represents.  Their lack of willingness to stand in defense of this country, no matter the hardship, displays a thinly veiled desire to undermine and destroy it.

Maybe you are too old to serve, but there are waivers for everything in the military.  I Know there are many American Muslims who are of an age to serve but choose not to, and by doing so, they are letting a great deal of anger and mistrust develop in the non-Muslim community.

Yes, there is more then one way to walk the walk.  The American Muslim needs to start walking the walk before another Muslim terrorist asshole attacks more Americans.  If that should happen, the consequences for ALL Muslims in this country will be devastating.  
Link Posted: 9/9/2002 9:13:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I'm also curious:  how do you think (American) Muslims would be treated in the US Armed Forces?

View Quote

I would think they would be treated no better or worse than Americans of Japanese descendants did in 1942 but over 55% of THOSE Americans who were within the military service age did sign-up and went to fight the war.  During the war, they were used (sacrificed) by white officers in order to save other white solder ass and they knew it yet they performed their duty and gave their blood to prove their allegiance and loyalty to this country.  Those Nisei soldiers were true Americans and nobody would dare to question their loyalty to this country now.  
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 1:55:28 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Matrix,

Prior to 9/11, many Muslims who were active duty Marines claimed CO status starting with Beirut in '82-'83 and progressing right on through the Gulf War.
View Quote

Please explain what CO status is.

When their country needed them most, they turned their backs on those they had sworn an oath to defend.  They claimed they could not kill a fellow Muslim who had sworn an oath to destroy America.  Their loyalty to their country and their fellow Marines meant nothing, only the Qur'an.
View Quote

One should not join the Armed Forces if one believes he/she cannot kill another human being...they should not have enlisted.   It deeply saddens me that someone who took an oath to protect this nation would not do so.  Joining the Armed Forces is a serious matter not to be taken lightly as you may be called upon to defend the nation at the cost of your own life.

I was Honorably Discharged from the Marines in December of '99 so I have no first hand knowledge of how the Muslims were treated after 9/11/01.  But knowing the inner workings of the Corps, I'm sure any Marine that crosses the line where religious tolerance of his fellow Marine is concerned would be dealt with by the command and the UCMJ post haste.

The Nisei of WWII suffered thousands and thousands more "injustices" then the American Muslim has since 9/11, and yet they still had the desire to clear their collective good name despite the terrible hardships thrust upon them by the US Government.
View Quote

I will have to read up on this...its a little before my time.  Please feel free so summarize it for me, if that is possible.

The American Muslims have collectively shrugged their shoulders and said "so fucking what".  The American Muslim is the first one to speak up when their space gets invaded, and wrap themselves up in the Constitution and enjoy its sanctity and safe refuge, but are the last religious group to defend the Constitution and all of the freedoms it represents.  Their lack of willingness to stand in defense of this country, no matter the hardship, displays a thinly veiled desire to undermine and destroy it.

Maybe you are too old to serve, but there are waivers for everything in the military.  I Know there are many American Muslims who are of an age to serve but choose not to, and by doing so, they are letting a great deal of anger and mistrust develop in the non-Muslim community.
View Quote

I cannot argue with you here...I don't know of any Muslims who have enlisted in the Armed Forces.  I had considered it at one time but my academia got in the way & besides, I did not want to join the Canadian Armed Forces...when I did become eligible to join the US Forces, well, age got in the way.

I will look into the waiver issue...had never realized this may be a possibility...but I doubt they would take me unless they are desperate. I am beyond my prime so to speak.

Yes, there is more then one way to walk the walk.  The American Muslim needs to start walking the walk before another Muslim terrorist asshole attacks more Americans.  If that should happen, the consequences for ALL Muslims in this country will be devastating.  
View Quote

So what else besides military service qualifies?  Seriously, I would like to know.

Link Posted: 9/10/2002 3:50:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Fuck him up DP!

- Don't take it [i]too[/i] personally matrix. I'm just not in the mood to hear ANYONE defending muslims for the several days [i]minimum[/i].
About the only thing I want to hear out of their/your mouth is " I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America....."
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 11:32:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Matrix,

Prior to 9/11, many Muslims who were active duty Marines claimed CO status starting with Beirut in '82-'83 and progressing right on through the Gulf War.
View Quote

View Quote

[C]onsciencious [O]bjector  (come on, think!)

The Nisei of WWII suffered thousands and thousands more "injustices" then the American Muslim has since 9/11, and yet they still had the desire to clear their collective good name despite the terrible hardships thrust upon them by the US Government.
View Quote

I will have to read up on this...its a little before my time.  Please feel free so summarize it for me, if that is possible.
View Quote

Then read:

If you are not an American I can forgive you for not knowing this.  If you are American you should know this.  If you are an American that has served (it appears you are not), you should be embarrassed for not knowing this.

The 442nd (and its father, the 100th Battalian) are probably one of the finest examples in American military history of what makes and sustains America:
1, immigrant patriotism, to prove their allegiance nearly all the 442nd were 2nd generation volunteers (this means they were largely 1st generation citizens; to prove their loyalty they even went to the exent of volunteering to fight against their Japanese kin);
2, an abstract desire to fight for and protect American ideals, even in the midst of those ideals being denied their own families (The members of the 442nd who were from the mainland (not from Hawaii) fought while their families were incarcerated in internment camps.); and
3, impeccable small-unit tactical discipline, refined skill and independence.  The 442nd was the most highly decorated regiment in American history.  There were more Presidential Unit Citations (not to mention Medals of Honor) won by this unit than any other of its size.  Our Generals fought over them to spearhead their offensives(Clark eventually winning, pulling them back to the Italian campaign from France), they were fiercely loyal to other American units (they saved the "Lost Texan Battalian" in southern France), and they were feared by the enemy (for good reason, they had many successes against fortified German defenses and veteran units, one of many notables is their destruction of Machine Gun Battalion Kesselring near the end of the war).  The 442nd fought with a refined tactical independence (that is at the core of American fighting doctrine) and with a determined resolve to find a way to destroy their opposition (and they commonly did).

I had considered it at one time but my academia got in the way [...]
View Quote

Academia?  Are you a professor?  Do you consider yourself an Academic?  You best have published something if you want to use this as an excuse.  College and grad school or professional school are a poor excuse.  I know, I've been through the best of them.  

(edited to insert missing prose after "Generals fought...")
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 12:09:33 AM EDT
[#46]
Fuck all this whiny shit!!!!!!!

You support your country, and that had damn well better be the USofA or get the FUCK out!!!!!!!, then enlist, and actually fight.

My enlistment papers are going in as soon as I have moved to Wisconsin and been married for 2 weeks. Just to be fair to her.

Everyone keeps saying if I enlist now, I might be sent to Iraq or the stan.....   they do not seem to understand that serving in peacetime is great, but sometimes, you have to serve your country in war as well......

Oh, and yes, Muslims are evil, they may not realize it (yeah right) but they are, so let's fuck em all up

Link Posted: 9/11/2002 7:26:33 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Matrix,

View Quote

View Quote

[C]onsciencious [O]bjector  (come on, think!)

View Quote

View Quote

Then read:

If you are not an American I can forgive you for not knowing this.  If you are American you should know this.  If you are an American that has served (it appears you are not), you should be embarrassed for not knowing this.

The 442nd (and its father, the 100th Battalian) are probably one of the finest examples in American military history of what makes and sustains America:
1, immigrant patriotism, to prove their allegiance nearly all the 442nd were 2nd generation volunteers (this means they were largely 1st generation citizens; to prove their loyalty they even went to the exent of volunteering to fight against their Japanese kin);
2, an abstract desire to fight for and protect American ideals, even in the midst of those ideals being denied their own families (The members of the 442nd who were from the mainland (not from Hawaii) fought while their families were incarcerated in internment camps.); and
3, impeccable small-unit tactical discipline, refined skill and independence.  The 442nd was the most highly decorated regiment in American history.  There were more Presidential Unit Citations (not to mention Medals of Honor) won by this unit than any other of its size.  Our Generals fought to spearhead their offensives(Clark eventually winning, pulling them back to the Italian campaign from France), they were fiercely loyal to other American units (they saved the "Lost Texan Battalian" in southern France), and they were feared by the enemy (for good reason, they had many successes against fortified German defenses and veteran units, one of many notables is their destruction of Machine Gun Battalion Kesselring near the end of the war).  The 442nd fought with a refined tactical independence (that is at the core of American fighting doctrine) and with a determined resolve to find a way to destroy their opposition (and they commonly did).

I had considered it at one time but my academia got in the way [...]
View Quote

Academia?  Are you a professor?  Do you consider yourself an Academic?  You best have published something if you want to use this as an excuse.  College and grad school or professional school are a poor excuse.  I know, I've been through the best of them.  
View Quote

Thankyou for your summary of the Nisei & defining what CO status is.

Yes...I've been published.

No...I've never served in a military capacity.

Link Posted: 9/11/2002 7:29:41 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Fuck all this whiny shit!!!!!!!

You support your country, and that had damn well better be the USofA or get the FUCK out!!!!!!!, then enlist, and actually fight.

My enlistment papers are going in as soon as I have moved to Wisconsin and been married for 2 weeks. Just to be fair to her.

Everyone keeps saying if I enlist now, I might be sent to Iraq or the stan.....   they do not seem to understand that serving in peacetime is great, but sometimes, you have to serve your country in war as well......

Oh, and yes, Muslims are evil, they may not realize it (yeah right) but they are, so let's fuck em all up

View Quote

God watch over you & all the others while you are there.

Link Posted: 9/11/2002 8:17:09 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 8:49:16 AM EDT
[#50]
Muslims in the US Armed Forces:

[url]http://www.amafandvac.org/index.php[/url]

[url]http://www.dtic.mil/armylink/news/Oct2001/a20011010muslimsoldiers.html[/url]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top