Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/21/2016 9:54:57 AM EDT
This election has lost me more "friends" on facebook than ever before.

I was highlighting everything wrong with Hillary. Then went into health care and how Obamacare is a failure causing insurance companies/health care providers to fail. Started to bring in reasoning on why socialized medicine is what they are trying to usher in and why it isnt everything they promise it is.

This results in a deleted conversation and a message of you are a mean, white (im half btw and pretty brown lol), patriarchal male who doesnt care about women, other races, poor, disabled, etc.

Then no more friend:(

Why do liberals just quit instead of providing actual reasoning/data? Why do they quit talking and not hear any political/social discourse? Just emotional repsonses and echo chambering. How many people have you lost this election? My count is 7.

Oh well.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 10:00:41 AM EDT
[#1]
if you tell them you are multiracial they lose their moral superiority.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 10:02:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

They really did stop going after that line of reasoning after I said I was half lol.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 10:05:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Because there's no way to make emotions sound logical.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 10:06:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Exactly. If they can't call you a racist then the next retort is you're a sexist. If they can't find some term to call you that ends in "ist" they quit. I think the only reason they even have a discussion is to call someone a "_ist"
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 10:07:00 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
They really did stop going after that line of reasoning after I said I was half lol.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Then they just say you are uneducated or a bigot.

Link Posted: 10/21/2016 10:08:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Because the only arguments they can form are an appeal to emotion, all of which has been backed by the MSM, Hollywood, TV, Academia, and to a recent point, online. The second the are met with any actual resistance, they fall apart because their arguments are wrong, as well as general complacency.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 10:10:40 AM EDT
[#7]
One of my "friends" of 30 years completely lost his mind when I posted the Obama boner video.  Called me all kinds of nasty things and unfriended me, haven't talked to him since.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 10:10:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Fuck em.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 10:12:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Because the only arguments they can form are an appeal to emotion, all of which has been backed by the MSM, Hollywood, TV, Academia, and to a recent point, online. The second the are met with any actual resistance, they fall apart because their arguments are wrong, as well as general complacency.
View Quote

They often don't use arguments in favor of talking points.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 10:12:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Yeah well you are a racist cis white male so you arent allowed to have an opinion.

Link Posted: 10/21/2016 10:17:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which allows anyone familiar with the standard talking points spewed out of their mouths can be easily countered by someone who does a slight amount of homework.

Take anti-gun arguments for example, most of us can probably resemble Neo deflecting all the stupid babble we hear anti gunners say on the regular, because it's so predictable. The danger with liberals arguing is they will often just make stuff up, and have no qualms with lying to try and win the immediate argument. In that regard, people with right leanings have to have the cognitive capacity of wikipedia to try and dispute an argument of emotion.

Link Posted: 10/21/2016 10:18:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Facts are scary.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 10:23:10 AM EDT
[#13]
VERY FEW people on BOTH sides of the argument actually argue their point anymore. Assertions aren't arguments, and it seems that's all people do. They claim this or that with no facts to back them up, and if challenged, they insult you because they disagree.

Link Posted: 10/21/2016 10:26:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Same reason they do everything else, they are not very intelligent. Yes I said that.

Any person that cannot look at something from a logical manner is an idiot.
Example: Voter ID is BAD, ID for Guns is good.

Wait a fuckin' minute....they are both guarded rights under the COTUS, no matter your "feelz", the rules do not state an ID for either.

I have also noticed that most of them immediately think of violence when the subject of the 2nd comes up. I dont understand this.
That is down the list of things most people I know.
Castle Doctrine? Most of us think of .....I get to defend myself, Them (Libs) "they'll shoot each other over a Twinkie".

They are fucking retards.

Not to mention ANYONE that uses the R vs. D (i.e) Us vs Them....I immediately lose all respect for.
The division of the enemy crap is what they fall for.......Do they not realize that two wings are of the same bird?

I am more hippy than all these stupid fucking Libs....and I hate Hippys.

Link Posted: 10/21/2016 10:26:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Any friend that can't face facts and unfriends me wasn't much of a friend to begin with.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 10:27:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When her friends did come at me before getting deleted it was talking points. When I asked them for how they came to this conclusion,  nothing. Like when they said unemployment,  I asked what about labor participation rate, full vs part time, and in what sectors are these jobs in. Crickets.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 10:27:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
One of my "friends" of 30 years completely lost his mind when I posted the Obama boner video.  Called me all kinds of nasty things and unfriended me, haven't talked to him since.
View Quote

Yeah, it's somewhat funny, but how is this an argument? How does this pertain to a debate on the issues?
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 10:28:36 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
VERY FEW people on BOTH sides of the argument actually argue their point anymore. Assertions aren't arguments, and it seems that's all people do. They claim this or that with no facts to back them up, and if challenged, they insult you because they disagree.

View Quote

One thing you have to take into consideration is your target audience. Are you trying to convince anyone that your side is better and potentially sway moderates, or are you trying to just destroy the opposition. The left has pretty much all but killed rational debates in most regards, but you can still find certain outlets for it. In most cases, though, it's just easier to out maneuver the opponent and make them look like an idiot to everyone watching.

Probably the best example of how the typical tactics employed by the elft against some one who is obviously much smarter than them is the Cenk Uygur vs Dinesh D'Souza debate.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 10:29:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Because they are stupid.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 10:32:02 AM EDT
[#20]
They believe their viewpoint is righteous and that anything else is dismissible.

Cheers!
-JC
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 10:32:12 AM EDT
[#21]
View Quote

Your mistake is to be on Facebook in the first place. Nothing good ever comes from that.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 10:33:33 AM EDT
[#22]
It works both ways.  I've lost long-time real life friends by pointing out some of the flaws in some Republican candidates as well.  I guess I'm an equal-opportunity cis-gendered, racist, homophobic, piece of trash.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 10:41:14 AM EDT
[#23]
I've been wondering that for decades.  

My sister-in-law would bring up gun issues and when I would present facts, I'd get told that I was being "argumentative" and my wife would tell me to quit being "offensive."  

Libs like to use the emotional argument.  "Don't you care about children?"  Yeah, I do.  "So shouldn't we give every child a million dollars?"  Where's that money going to come from?  "Oh, that's not important."

To support their emotional arguments, libs like to cherry pick facts.  "Last year 50 million children were killed by guns."  Somehow they expanded children to age 24 and neglect to mention that most of those children were involved in some sort of major crime.  

About ten or fifteen years ago Time magazine had their cover story about all the people killed in one week by guns.  I read the article and did some counting.  Around 80% of the killed were either criminals killed by other criminals, the police or their intended victims.    The article didn't touch on that.

Link Posted: 10/21/2016 10:47:14 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ho Lee Fuk, you get to have White Privilege(TM) and Black Grievance (R) at the same time! You should be rich from handouts and guilt based promotions to functionary positions at, say, a Chicago hospital. I'm jealous.

Really, like others have said, Commies argue from emotion and ego, with the ultimate goal of them and their feels dictating every part of your existence. I have found it more satisfying to point at them and laugh, and fuck 'em if they can't see the joke.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 10:49:40 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Exactly. If they can't call you a racist then the next retort is you're a sexist. If they can't find some term to call you that ends in "ist" they quit. I think the only reason they even have a discussion is to call someone a "_ist"
View Quote

No, after sexist they call you: ignorant, misogynist, fascist, stupid, neanderthal, and a host of others.

Link Posted: 10/21/2016 11:22:50 AM EDT
[#26]
Ever listen to children argue about something, and watch it devolve into a mess of "I know you are but what am I" counter insults?  That's your debate opponent.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 11:24:22 AM EDT
[#27]
"Racist," "sexist," "homophobe," etc, etc..." are all code words for, "You win."

Link Posted: 10/21/2016 11:25:06 AM EDT
[#28]
Why debate?
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 11:25:35 AM EDT
[#29]
Same reason "conservatives" do. Most people lack real principle and just want the government to ban stuff that annoys them and give them stuff. Most people see the world in a binary, us v. them sort of way. Most people are unfamiliar with the fundamentals of critical thinking and debate. Most people don't want their minds changed and are uninterested in incorporating new information into their world view.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 11:26:46 AM EDT
[#30]
I have just started all of my facebook conversations by accusing leftists of being Racist, Sexist, and Bigoted. Then go from there.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 11:30:49 AM EDT
[#31]
Because they use emotion and not logic.

Being faced with logic is their kryptonite.

They want to do the nice, the good thing for others and they want to force everyone else to do it too.

They however, have not thought through the mechanisms, the costs, and the impacts of doing those thing s.  So when you do the thought experiment for them and then logically lay them out....they get angry and deflect it as you are an asshole because you aren't being nice.  Then they can disregard your entire argument.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 11:31:38 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I have just started all of my facebook conversations by accusing leftists of being Racist, Sexist, and Bigoted. Then go from there.
View Quote

I've taken to using quite a few of the left's Alinksy dirty tricks. Don't call them racist, assume the sale. Example: "Why in the world would you support a racist policy like gun control? What have black people ever done to you to make you hate them? Why do you hate poor people?"
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 11:35:59 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I've taken to using quite a few of the left's Alinksy dirty tricks. Don't call them racist, assume the sale. Example: "Why in the world would you support a racist policy like gun control? What have black people ever done to you to make you hate them? Why do you hate poor people?"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My wife used the same on some bitch on facebook the other day... the only thing the bitch could counter with was to tell my wife to "eat a big black dick."

I Guess she struck a nerve.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 11:37:26 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

View Quote
Yep, political argument among people currently is mostly the application of bumper sticker style slogans and oft repeated talking points.

It's more like a card game than a debate.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 11:38:10 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

View Quote

/thread
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 11:39:56 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats exactly how I operate. Turn their guns on them while holding a mirror up to their faces.

I ALWAYS through out the Clinton is funded by gay oppressing regimes. Its like you  can see the veins popping under their temples.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 11:41:16 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Your mistake is to be on Facebook in the first place. Nothing good ever comes from that.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Obviously the words of a man who has never gotten laid thanks to Facebook.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 11:41:25 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Because they use emotion and not logic.

Being faced with logic is their kryptonite.

They want to do the nice, the good thing for others and they want to force everyone else to do it too.

They however, have not thought through the mechanisms, the costs, and the impacts of doing those thing s.  So when you do the thought experiment for them and then logically lay them out....they get angry and deflect it as you are an asshole because you aren't being nice.  Then they can disregard your entire argument.
View Quote

In other words...........because they are stupid.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 11:42:03 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

You have to return fire by poking their emotions. Present facts in a  manner then pricks the conscience and guilt.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 11:44:41 AM EDT
[#40]
Not just liberals.  Both sides are guilty of this cowardice

We have a thread here for adding people to ignore lists.

Watch-

"I'm voting for Hilary!"

Now listen for the *clicks*

Link Posted: 10/21/2016 11:46:09 AM EDT
[#41]
same reason that when they are faced with facts they resort to name calling, derision and slander.......they are out of ammo, they are juvenile and lacking the moral high ground.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 11:47:52 AM EDT
[#42]
The reason is this:  Liberals have an external focus of self-worth wherein they feel validated only through the approval of others.  This is why they latch onto all the feel-good issues that look good on their sleeves, but for which their feel-good solutions have little real-world value.  Because their identity is so invested in their "appearance", and not any true internal identity, they are unable to admit that their external measure of valuation is bankrupt without condemning their own identity.  When confronted with the hollowness of their identity politics, they face an existential crisis that is painful in nature.  Like most painful things, the liberal attempts to avoid it so their usual finality is to name call, throw down the race card, or just throw up their hands in feigned indignation with their opponent and then leave.

I have a Facebook debate in progress which follows the typical course.  The liberal gets trounced because they make it so easy.

kenmack, APhD
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 11:49:14 AM EDT
[#43]
Quitting is not the worst move when you know you can't win.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 11:50:38 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

He had probably spent the previous weak telling everybody how sexist, unmannered and crude Trump was and feeling good about himself for it.  See my post above.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 11:56:27 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

He had probably spent the previous weak telling everybody how sexist, unmannered and crude Trump was and feeling good about himself for it.  See my post above.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You hit the nail on the head!!
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 12:03:36 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Yep, political argument among people currently is mostly the application of bumper sticker style slogans and oft repeated talking points.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This. And it only gets worse when some mouth breather who is nominally on your side joins in and tries to "help" with a string of logical fallacies and weak, easily refuted arguments. A good debate is like chess, except you have to make several moves at once. You have to anticipate counter arguments and refute them before they are made, or lead your opponent into making them so you can make them look stupid. Much of what we do on teh interwebz is really just performance art. You're not changing your opponent's mind, but you might make him look stupid enough that no one takes his ideas seriously.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 12:06:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Bingo
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 12:09:58 PM EDT
[#48]
I cant tell you how many times someone has posted or said some political shit and when engaged they fall back to "well i am not really into politics or understand it that well so i dont want to discuss it".

Well Mfer then why are you spouting political BS if you dont even understand what we are discussing?
?
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 12:26:44 PM EDT
[#49]
Because the reality is they only know what they've been told.  Liberals don't research.  They listen to what the talking heads they support say, hear what they like hearing, say to themselves "that's right!" and then go on their merry way repeating what ends up being misinformation and half truths.

When you ask them for information behind the talking points they are merely parroting, they don't respond because they can't. The reality is, they don't know.  They've got nothing.  The personal attacks are merely a manifestation of learned behavior that the left teaches which is that any one not with you is an enemy worthy of dehumanization.  Most of your friends, if you took them out of politics and had a disagreement with them about anything else, they would not react by demonizing you through the attachment of several liberal generated labels.  This only happens with politics because it's what they've been taught to do.

Disagreement isn't a difference of opinion, it's grounds for total excommunication, scorched earth.  The left doesn't create thinkers, they create zealots.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 12:30:01 PM EDT
[#50]
For the millionth time, unless you are looking for cock stay off social media.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top