Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/3/2001 7:16:56 AM EDT
An article has appeared with a log of some of the 911 calls made during the beginning of the terrorist attack on the World Trade Center.

The article appears at:
[url]http://news.independent.co.uk/world/americas/story.jsp?story=97375[/url]

Simply imagine, if you will, what must have been going through the callers' minds when these calls were being made!

Imagine also how these folks went to their deaths, not knowing the 'whys' and 'wherefores' of their demise.

Imagine being trapped in a darkened elevator without knowing that the very men who are on their way up the stairways to assist you, to save you, will, instead, be joining you shortly in a crushing death.

Imagine having to choose to leap from an incredible height to a certain death simply to avoid an even more painful death from a raging jetfuel fire.

Imagine all that.

Eric The(Yes,BinLaden,ImagineWhatAnAngryGodWillDoToThoseWhoCommitSuchUnspeakeableCrimes)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 7:28:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Living (and dying) proof that 911 will not save any of us.

BTW how come they didn't send rescue helicopters up to the top of the WTC to pick up survivors?
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 7:30:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 7:32:12 AM EDT
[#3]
The rooftops were quickly engulfed in smoke so helicopter rescue was not an option.  (Check the photo on the AR15.com home page to confirm this.)
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 7:38:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Living (and dying) proof that 911 will not save any of us.

BTW how come they didn't send rescue helicopters up to the top of the WTC to pick up survivors?
View Quote

How long do you think it would have taken to mobilize such units? They are not flying around big cities just waiting for disasters to happen. Even if they could have gotten helicopters there in a timely manner, have you ever flown a helicopter in pitch black smoke with a 2000 degree thermal column creating updrafts making navigation nearly impossible?

Just curious...there isn't ALWAYS someone there to rescue you EVERYTIME.

roy d.
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 7:47:11 AM EDT
[#5]
I think TV news needs to play segments each night on TWO of the people killed. A brief life story, with pics of their families.

Just so we don't forget.

Oh, BTW - if they did this, 2 people per night?? It would go on for almost SEVEN years.

Link Posted: 10/3/2001 10:46:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Maybe they should take the actual tapes around to the "Peace Demonstrations" and play them for the fools who think we should just let the terrorists go!
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 10:59:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Princeton, I like your idea.  I really like it.
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 10:50:37 PM EDT
[#8]
You think you are numb to the horror, then you read something like that........

There is no punishment too great for the any country or persons even remotely responsible for that carnage.
------------------------------------------------
"You ask, what is our policy? I will say: it is to wage war, by sea, land and air, and with all our might. . . . You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word: victory. . . . Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory there is no survival!
   -W. Churchill

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top