Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2008 10:18:07 PM EDT
I just got a good gun safe bolted to the floor and wall studs,and when I leave for work I just lock the bottom lock and not the dead bolt.

Cause if they kick in the door the lower lock will give and break that  part of the jamb  away(and I will still have the upper half and the dead bolt to lock the door until I can replace the jamb!) .

Bob
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 10:20:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Fuck, half the time I don't even lock the door at all.

effects of being the child of a police officer.  The fact that I bought the house after my dad died doesn't help this old habit.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 10:21:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 10:21:25 PM EDT
[#3]
That was random.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 10:22:18 PM EDT
[#4]
lol you really think that your door is going to be kicked in?
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 10:22:38 PM EDT
[#5]
How about a big, mean-assed dog to chew their nuts off?
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 10:23:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Doors are solid here.

But I have glass windows, and no delusions.

Locks, doors, and Laws, are only there to keep the honest, honest.

A determined felon will ignore all the barriers.

Delay barriers are the best you can do.

The Mutt has been trained for Belgian ring and understands "Object Guard".
I pity the fool that dosn't shoot him before entering...

Seriously. Sam hates everyone untill they throw a frisbee, and once they do, they are his Bitch!

I hate to surprise him when coming home.
The Dog has no love....except for wearing out the poor dude in the bite suit.

Stay safe!
S-28

Link Posted: 7/18/2008 10:29:55 PM EDT
[#7]
i never lock the doors . but there is a dog door so the GS and retriever can cruz in and out .

Link Posted: 7/18/2008 10:40:04 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
How about a big, mean-assed dog to chew their nuts off?

"Chopper, sic balls."
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 10:48:13 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Just where do you live (cause even if my town Norman Oklahoma is voted 6th best little town in the USA  )there are still people getting raped and shot here!

And dudes just back kick doors in everyday!

I'm not paranoid just see what is going down,good luck with keeping your door unlocked.

If anybody takes a gun from your unlocked house and uses it to kill someone,you will become an accessory to the fact(an enabler)  Bob
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 10:52:25 PM EDT
[#10]
I don't bother, personally.

I'm always home, and looking for an excuse to shoot somebody.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 11:15:45 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I recall that is a very common approach for daytime burglars. They look for houses where it appears no one is home, the door is obscured from view, then walk up and boot it in.

Simple as pie.

Armored strike plates and long strong screws are your friend.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 11:21:37 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I don't bother, personally.

I'm always home, and looking for an excuse to shoot somebody.

Lol I can't wait to read this on court documents some day.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 11:27:52 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just where do you live (cause even if my town Norman Oklahoma is voted 6th best little town in the USA  )there are still people getting raped and shot here!

a low income section of Denver, CO

and i'm not particularly concerned that my door is going to be kicked in, because i take the time to lock it!

That said, I do take the appropriate precautions
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 11:28:58 PM EDT
[#14]
I generally keep everything locked up and come and go through the garage
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 12:15:03 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I recall that is a very common approach for daytime burglars. They look for houses where it appears no one is home, the door is obscured from view, then walk up and boot it in.

Simple as pie.

Armored strike plates and long strong screws are your friend.

They will help but the door jambs are cheap wood and will break quit easily,and even with metal door jambs the Kwicset locks are cheep made and a 300lb man can just fold these locks in half with the metal jamb still intact!

No commercial door is punch proof,and there is usually a glass window very close!

You just have to do your best to insure your house is secured the best it can be!

Bob
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 12:17:39 AM EDT
[#16]
My house needs some work when it comes to security.  My trailer on the other hand..
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 2:50:23 AM EDT
[#17]
My doors get locked as soon as I come home and every time I leave the house.
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 2:55:09 AM EDT
[#18]
Our door has a big window in it (Like the upper half of the door is a window)  the room mates GF gets freaked if the deadbolt isn't locked as well as the handle lock.

I just laugh at her, if someone wants to get in their not going to fuck around with any of that...they are just going to pop the window and reach through.  The room mate and I know this (both LE) but she just can't seem to grasp that concept.

Granted, I lock the door every time I leave...but I am not going to waste my time to stop and lock the deadbolt and then have to fuck around unlocking both when I come home.
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 3:00:40 AM EDT
[#19]
The only guys that gain entry throught hte front door have warrants....well, and those shitheads in Jacksonville.  

About 5 years ago I had a guy try to walk in my front door through the locked screen door.  He said had the wrong house.  The big barking dog wasn't enough of a clue for him, but the .38 pointed at his chest was.  Go figure.

I don't even put the screen in the front door since then.  The glass stays in, the door stays locked.  Shitheads have ruined my enjoyment of summer breezes.
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 3:04:44 AM EDT
[#20]
Hi Bobby Jack!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top