Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/7/2001 10:14:21 PM EDT
Today I drove by my local range (The Brea Range) in Brea CA, Orange County area. All the lights were off. I walked up to the window to see a piece of paper saying that they filed bankruptcy. This place has been here for at least as long as I've been alive. It use to be called The Firing Line. And now it is no more.

Well sh*t me. I just turned 21 last December and bought my first gun. Beretta 92F, followed by Glock 27. Along with that, I went to the range an purchased a annual pass to the tune of $140.

Well I did get my use out of it in the short time between getting it and their closure but damnit. I don't know of any other indoor ranges that are local. I am also a little upset there was absolutely no mention of the fact they were going to close. I don't think you just file BK over night.

If anyone knows of other indoor ranges in So Cal, the info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

[:(!]

Link Posted: 4/7/2001 10:20:52 PM EDT
[#1]
this might be a bit of a drive for you, but in Torrance there is SharpShooters range about a block south of the 405fwy

in OC there is evans gunsmithing/gun range, city of orange i think

JR's indoor range in north long beach off the 91fwy
dont sweat there are some around
Link Posted: 4/7/2001 11:00:19 PM EDT
[#2]
List of ranges:

[URL]http://www.kuci.org/~dany/firearms/ocshooting.html[/URL]

Do you know if all of the Firing Lines are closed now?
Link Posted: 4/7/2001 11:22:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Link to places to shoot in So. Ca..

http://sportshooter.com/socal/wheretoshoot.htm
Link Posted: 4/7/2001 11:24:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Imbrog|io:
List of ranges:

Do you know if all of the Firing Lines are closed now?
View Quote

Forgot to mention on my post that the Firing Line in Burbank is still open.
Link Posted: 4/7/2001 11:26:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Link you can just click to places to shoot in So. Ca..

[url]http://sportshooter.com/socal/wheretoshoot.htm
[/url]
Link Posted: 4/8/2001 6:05:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Super sadness....Very brutal...
Link Posted: 4/8/2001 7:11:10 AM EDT
[#7]
First Burro Canyon and now this!!!!!! Man that sucks.

I think most of the indoor ranges would be a bit of a drive from you. I know theres one in Orange, which is probably the closest. Next to that would be Huntington Beach. I forget the names though. That's what I get for moving to TX. I forget thing about Kali.
Link Posted: 4/8/2001 6:02:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Evan's Gunsmithing in the city of Orange has an indoor range. You can get your Evil Black Rifles repaired there too.

http://www.egsw.com/

BTW, I live in Yorba Linda, Howdy Neighbor!
Link Posted: 4/8/2001 6:24:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Madmat nice to see your a neighbor too i live in fullerton Anyways their is a range in so.orange county On target it is a nice range.Have been to the range in HB Firing line(i think thats it) but will never go back.If you go to Arm Usa in anaheim they will tell you where there are more ranges to go to they are at st college between orangrthorpe and the 91
Link Posted: 4/8/2001 6:28:16 PM EDT
[#10]
I use to live in Lake Forest and go to On Target quite often. I love that place.
Link Posted: 4/8/2001 6:37:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Just make an offer to buy the range and reopen it.  You should be able to negotiate a $140 discount.  Free brass and range time then you know.
Link Posted: 4/9/2001 2:10:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Evan's Gunsmithing Shooters World is my range of choice...  They are on the way home for me (I work about 10 minutes from the Brea Range, live in Irvine)...  And they do gun work as well...

www.egsw.com
1935 N. Enterprise
Orange, CA

Link Posted: 4/9/2001 4:16:41 PM EDT
[#13]
There used to be an indoor range in Cerritos, Calif, on the south side of the 91 fwy, near where the 91 & 605 freeways meet.  I haven't been there in 3 years, you may want to check it out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top