Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/27/2001 6:08:27 AM EDT
cause today. During a local radio talk show discussing panic buying on Sept. 11, they had a local gun shop on the interview, his words were to the effect of "hunting rifle sales had already been up due to hunting season approaching but we really saw an increase in pistol ammo and especially in ammo for assault type rifles, most people spent $200-$300 on ammo". In this area people look down upon those "evil rifles" with enough hate, we don't need people in our own ranks using the wrong terminology to get the sheeple wound up more and against our right, even though most think it is illegal to own a semi aut anything.

This shop is your standard pawn shop that sells jennings and lorcirin's along with a couple $300 sks's and $450 sar-1s, these prices where months before the 9-11-01 attack. I plan on calling the pawn shop and showing my disdain for these morons. Any ideas what to tell them other than an Assault Weapon is a full auto military weapon, not a semi aut knock off?  If you would also like to let your displeasure be known the employees name was Ryan at Reds Trading Post (208) 733-3546.

idaho-ar15
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 6:33:44 AM EDT
[#1]
I would begin by asking them to please define what an assault rifle is.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top