Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/30/2015 4:13:12 PM EDT
A female friend i am talking to has got herself into a bit of a pickle, And needs to come up with an additional $2,000 by tomorrow night [After talking with some mutual friends, we've come up with $1000 for her]

Situation: Shes got a 5 year old daughter, who is her world. The childs father took off when he found out she was pregnant and didnt come around until the child was a year and a half old. Against better judgement, Shes been avoiding courts, as she dont want any child support and didnt see any point in getting "The man" involved in her life. She has been allowing him to see her occasionally [when he asks, which is about once a month for a few hours], and i warned her, Without court orders, He could take off with his daughter at any given moment, with the kiddo. "He will never do that, He knows how much she means to me.." Fast forward to friday, He pops his head in, and wants his daughter "For the weekend". She's allowed this a few times, and never had an issue.. Until lastnight when all her texts to him went unanswered.. Of course since there are no court orders, Theres nothing the police, nor anybody else can LEGALLY do. In order to get infront of a judge before august, Her attny wants $3000, by tomorrow. A few of us have chipped in what we could, to help her out but unfortunatly it just isnt enough.

Im in the process of finding a place to host a car wash, but i honestly doubt one tuesday night, with no advertising, will be enough to raise the $2000, even in the better parts of town, But im willing to give it a try, and making up signs, and calling mutual friends to come help now.

I know this is GD, and we love to have fun, But if theres anyway we could keep this half way serious, Id love to entertain all LEGAL ideas to raise money for her childs safety. I have heard of, and am looking into the GoFundMe page, but am clueless on what its all about. If you have any info pertaining to that, Id love to hear it as well.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 4:14:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Impromptu stripper party. If she woks the crowd she can make that, easy.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 4:21:44 PM EDT
[#2]
This is the sort of thread that won't go well in GD.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 4:25:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Ill mention it, But i think shes a bit more reserved then that. in any case, thanks for the idea.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 4:26:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Simply looking for ideas, As ive seen great things / ideas happen here in the past. If not, it was well worth a shot and im not really out anything.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 4:28:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Is father on the Birth certificate ? I am no lawyer and didn't stay in a hotel last night but I think this is important!

in todays world a gofundme account and social media will get you $$$ lots faster than selling lemonade.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 4:31:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Simply looking for ideas, As ive seen great things / ideas happen here in the past. If not, it was well worth a shot and im not really out anything.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The bottom line is that if the father is not endangering the child and there is no existing custody agreement it's going to be messy.

The other thing to consider is that most of Arfcom is male. That tends to mean they will most likely respond in one of 3 ways:

1. White knight. The father is to blame, rescue the woman!
2. Defend the guy. He's trying to be involved with his child and that evil woman is trying to stop him.
3. Be a badass. Go set that guy straight and recover the kid by whatever means necessary. Then see #1 (above).
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 4:39:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Unsecured personal loans and credit card cash advance are really your best bets to stay under 30% interest
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 4:40:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Is father on the Birth certificate ? I am no lawyer and didn't stay in a hotel last night but I think this is important!

in todays world a gofundme account and social media will get you $$$ lots faster than selling lemonade.
View Quote

This is a great question, awaiting an answer via text now.

Any idea how GoFundMe accounts work? is it all donations? i was under the impression it was to help out up coming companys, with the promise of product in return..?
Unfortunatly outside of asking for prayers on social media, Shes too reserved to let anybody outside of her circle know whats going on in her life, mainly because she dont want to warn the daughters father whats going on, via mutual friends.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 4:42:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

this. how bad does she NEED it?

You need to eject so hard you should have pulled the handle before you took off.

If you don't like this BS drama then don't "talk to her".

Pawn your car OP.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 4:43:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Unsecured personal loans and credit card cash advance are really your best bets to stay under 30% interest
View Quote

Thanks for the idea, i will mention it to her. Id personally go get a loan for her, but due to me being on a 10-99 since i graduated high school, I cannot even get $500 loan to save my life.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 4:56:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

You need to eject so hard you should have pulled the handle before you took off.

Pawn your car OP.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pawn your car OP.

Would do, If i didnt need it to keep my buisness rolling. Refinancing the boat aint a bad idea tho, thanks.

She really aint drama, which is why she tried to keep it out of the court systems, and off of facebook.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top