Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:00:04 AM EDT
[#1]
This is the letter I sent in as a rebuttal.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

In Dave Williams editorial page article various Democrats and carpetbagger career activists say that Republicans could feel fallout from Hispanic voters over the passage of the immigration bill. It can undeniably be said that they and all patriotic American CITIZENS are feeling pressure RIGHT NOW.

All anyone has to do is read the newspapers of the country to see the damage illegal aliens are doing to this country. Nearly one third of all federal prison inmates are illegal aliens. Federal prisons. State prisons and jails are equally overrun. And these are just the violent criminals, not illegals picked up just for being illegal. Gov. Perdue and many other state governors have recently banded together and asked the federal government for many more millions of dollars to pay for the illegals that are in state cells.

Then there is the issue of violent Hispanic gangs, drug traffickers, human traffickers, and the many small time criminals that are embedded in the illegal Hispanic population. The articles are in the paper. DUI, hit and run, no insurance, and on and on.

Lastly I will touch on the damage to the American worker that is the direct result of this illegal labor pool. It is a know fact that the presence of illegal aliens drives down wages, especially for Americans near or below the poverty level. It is easy for illegal alien Hispanic apologists to say that the illegal alien is just trying to have a better life than is possible in his home country. But what they won't say is that the illegal knows that he is competing with native American workers and that he will have to undercut the American worker in some way;  wages, working conditions, hours, working on Sundays or whatever. And he does not care if a whole class of American worker is wiped out.

The illegal alien Hispanic apologists will also say that the illegals are a desperate people. The images of all the 100's of thousands of marchers didn't look to desperate to me. Truthfully, with all the Mexican and other foreign flags flying and the image of the Mexican flag over and upside down AMERICAN FLAG, I was the one feeling desperate. And I like millions of other AMERICAN VOTERS, let my elected representatives know how I felt.

The illegal alien advocates decry the recently passed legislation.  The majority of Georgia voters probably feel the way I do, the legislation is just a timid and weak first step.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top