Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/4/2005 7:48:40 PM EDT
My local news keeps playing little interuptions between commercials that two ten year old boys found a "Live" grenade in a ditch.  They took it too there mom, who says "It is a real grenade, I can tell by the weight, and fell of it"  I guess the police have taken it but havnt released any info yet.  I will bet money that it is one of those dummy grenades.  They say it has been "altered".  My opinion is it is a deactivated, or and altered deactivated that didnt work.  I think it is kinda irresponsible and wrong to report this on the radio every ten minutes, with no proof that it isnt one of dummy nades that the gunstore 2 blocks from were the kids found it sells them for 15 bucks (deactived).  What do you think.

I would include a link, but they dont have an actual story on their web site.  It is an am news station, that plays Rush,Savage, etc.  in Lincoln NE.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:50:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Heck, I can order a dozen dummy pineapple, lemon, and baseball grenades for $10 on the internet.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:53:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:54:47 PM EDT
[#3]
You can tell by the weight its real, huh?  I bet the bottom has a hole in it, though.  Idiots.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:55:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:56:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Thats what im saying.  I am under the impression that it was a fake.  Ive been wanting to buy a few for my yugo sks, for show.  Why would there be a REAL grenade just sitting on the side of the street were 2 boys riding bikes would pick it up.  But I am more concerned about the radio station playing this "Breaking News" every 10-20 minutes when even they say that the police dont know what it is other than an altered looking us military grenade.  Sounds too much like a dummy nade to me.

Do you think they will report that it was fake tommarow if that is how it turns out?  Like I said, those 2 boys coulda bought that at the gunstore 2 blocks from were it was reported to be found and there mom took it from them.  I dunno, It smells funny to me.  Mabey I will be eating my words tommarow but I doubt it.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:57:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Surprised the stupid EOD-wanna-be didn't report it as a back-pocket nuke.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:16:44 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Typical sensationalistic reporting.  If they could get away with calling it a "suitcase nuke," they'd do it in a heartbeat.

TWO 10 year old kids found suitcase nuke in ditch while playing. MOM, outraged, says its the real deal!  "it even feels real so it must be!"
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:37:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Damn misleading article headline, was gonna say "some kids have all the luck".
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 12:11:49 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Damn misleading article headline, was gonna say "some kids have all the luck".

I still woulda drawn down on him!
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 12:35:00 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Surprised the stupid EOD-wanna-be didn't report it as a back-pocket nuke.

Back pocket nuke.......................

Or it's a WW-II, or Korean war greande that was brought back as a souvenier.

We have been getting some of the Japanese grenades.................... which were unstable the day they were made, as WW-II vets are dying off. One had a live grenade as a paperweight on his home office desk for 60 years....................

Also those training grenades, make a good starting point for a homemade pipe bomb-grenade.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 12:47:09 AM EDT
[#11]
It's metal, round and it's got a hole in the bottom and it's hollow so it must be a live grenade.

Remember, only housewives are EOD experts.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:59:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Well they played the "live grenade" story till about noon on the station.  Now they seem to have focused on a mysterious package that was "left behind" and and lincoln fire department is investigating.  2 seperate things but still.  They are now posting warnings that leaving a suspicius package at a business is not a smart idea after 911.  I mean, who really leaves threre briefcase or backpack just laying around.  Some dumbass prob forgot their briefcase and now they are reporting on that.  The nade story only gets air about 1 in every 3 hours now.  But the briefcase is the new 20 min story.  Someone needs to tell this news station (other than me), that we are in lincoln ne, and as far as I know, there have been 0 terrorist, and or bomb attacks ever.  Mass histeria around here is stupid.   Do they actually think that this is giong to improve their ratings.  I usually listen to this station because they are on par with what I like to listen too, but all week it has been scare after scare after scare.  But weird thing is, none of it scares me, because I know there are no suitcase bombs, or live grenades left in the damn street.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top