Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2004 2:48:57 AM EDT
They have to "schedule" appointments for a CCW application.

The Redmond, WA PD only does it 9am to 11am...Tuesday and Thursday. The local PD only does it on APPT.

As far as I know, this is a "take fingerprints, fill out form" ordeal....why the appointment requirement? Im going in tommorow to fill out some paperwork and take prints??....WA is a "will issue" state...but it seems more like "will issue....with loopholes" state to me....wtf?

The "chick" (overweight hag) that was at the front desk when I originally went into the department made me make an appointment....seems like a load of fluff/LEO BS to me....

is this everyone elses experience?
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 2:55:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Same here in CT when I did mine.
It's painless and quick in and out.
maybe:
Its A Trap!!
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 2:59:19 AM EDT
[#2]
I just walked in to our local P.D. and told them I needed prints for a CCW.
If the P.D.s are being that much of a pain, try a walk in at the county cop shop.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:04:32 AM EDT
[#3]

maybe:
Its A Trap!!

Probably!! :)

Just lame that they cant take it right there and then...if the point is weeding out criminals AND making some money....shouldn't they be ecstatic?
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:04:29 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
They have to "schedule" appointments for a CCW application.

The Redmond, WA PD only does it 9am to 11am...Tuesday and Thursday. The local PD only does it on APPT.

As far as I know, this is a "take fingerprints, fill out form" ordeal....why the appointment requirement? Im going in tommorow to fill out some paperwork and take prints??....WA is a "will issue" state...but it seems more like "will issue....with loopholes" state to me....wtf?

Imagine if everyone showed up at the same time to do their prints and paperwork. They probably, like us, have one person ( and with those hours, one PART TIME PERSON )  assigned to this duty, and it prevents having a rush of people at any given time.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:19:26 AM EDT
[#5]
I have found that it all depends on the head honchos attitide toward people owning firearms. If they support freedom, they generally make it as easy as possible, if they do not they use their power and the cops who work for them to make it a PITA for anyone to get anything done.

For example, NC law says to buy a pistol I must have a purchase permit for each one. In my county I walk in, pay my $5, and walk out in 5 minutes with up to 8 (they do eliminate the waiting for the NICS, and are good for 2 years). In some others, they have 5 day waiting periods, limited access time,  and some even require letters of reference from prominant business owners or citizens of the county.

Generally, the harder the agenmcy make sit the more anti gun the chief or sheriff and generally that attitude will carry throughout the department.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top