Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/25/2003 2:18:24 PM EDT
Ok i will be buying some lobster to BBQ tomorrow and i was wondering does anyone know how is the best way to keep the lobsters fresh till the next day>?

Thnx
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 2:21:12 PM EDT
[#1]
buy live ones, and keep em in a sink/tub until ready to cook. Ask the guy at the store what he does to keep em alive for a little while.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 2:23:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Keep 'em wrapped in wet newspapers. They'll live for a few days.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 2:23:20 PM EDT
[#3]
the philipino seafood stores sell small live crabs in cardboard boxes
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 2:24:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Ok i will be buying some lobster to BBQ tomorrow and i was wondering does anyone know how is the best way to keep the lobsters fresh till the next day>?
Thnx
View Quote

I live on the east coast and I can tell you the best way to keep a lobster fresh until the next day is to tie a little collar around his neck and throw him back in the ocean until you need him.

Or you can skip the collar and make him promise that he'll come back the next day when you want to eat him.
They will be both work equally well.

The refrigerator PERIODend of story!

,ask a stupid question and get ..............well you know the rest.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 2:33:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Being that I am from Boston/Cape Cod, I have cooked a few of the bugs in my day.

Just keep it in a moist container (the wet newspapers is a good idea) in the fridge.

I've never BBQ'ed the little bastards, usually steam them with herbs and stuff.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 2:44:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Brown bag [the waxed lined ones from the seafood market] inside a plastic grocery bag good for a day or so.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 3:07:16 PM EDT
[#7]
bbq'd lobster tail is the shit.  I've never done a whole one, just the tails.
Cut the back of the shell and put butter and lemon juice in.  Cook it with the cut facing up for awhile, and then flip it so the cut faces down for about half as long as you did the first side. This is the only way I eat lobster, I've never had it taste good or have a good texture any other way.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 3:44:40 PM EDT
[#8]
To store a live lobster put it in the [b]refrigerator[/b] and cover it with a damp cloth or newspaper. They will live this way for up to a day.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top