Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/13/2003 1:26:57 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 1:47:21 PM EDT
[#1]
The rocket is about 4 feet long, was determined to be live and had up to a pound of[red] C-4 [/red]explosive in the warhead, plus the propellant fuel used to fire the rocket. A canine trained to sniff explosives indicated positively on the rocket.
View Quote

I love how everything has [b]C-4[/b] in it!!!!  Its probably a damn 2.75" HE which DOES NOT have C-4 for a Explosive Filler!!!  TNT or Comp B is more likely its filler because you can't pour (at the factory) C-4 into a warhead like you can with melted TNT or Comp B.

I also like how they determine if there is explosives, I didn't know the canine can read color codes.  Of course the damn dog is going to be tripped up, the propellant in a 2.75" rocket has a high Nitroglycerin content, gives nice headaches!!!

Link Posted: 12/13/2003 1:51:19 PM EDT
[#2]
That would have given a whole new meaning to the term MOBILE home.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 2:30:04 PM EDT
[#3]
under the moblie home?
down here it would have been between the old mustang thats sitting on blocks and the shitter that broke last fall and now serves as a flower pot, right out in front of the moblie home.

and they wouldn't have needed a dog to know it was explosive, just ask the drunk sumbitch trying to light it.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 4:13:18 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm feeling a Joe Dirt moment here.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 4:54:15 PM EDT
[#5]
hey, if that thing rolled under a mobil home I owned, I'd claim it as mine.. then give it to a curious "friend" I dont particularly like.. [:D]
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 5:04:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Shouldn't we take this to a military base or something?

Yeah, I guess... but first let's shoot firecrackers at it!
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 5:06:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'm feeling a Joe Dirt moment here.
View Quote

Joe Diertae...

Don't try to church it up, son!
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 5:13:37 PM EDT
[#8]
   Hmmmmm......   And they keep blaming trailer park problems on tornados....Hmf...
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 5:53:28 PM EDT
[#9]

The rocket is about 4 feet long, was determined to be live and had up to a pound of[red] C-4 [/red]explosive in the warhead, plus the propellant fuel used to fire the rocket.
View Quote

Stinger missiles have nearly a lb of C-4 in the warhead.  Maybe this is what the guy had, and the story was downplayed by the po-po to the reporter.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 6:14:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

The rocket is about 4 feet long, was determined to be live and had up to a pound of[red] C-4 [/red]explosive in the warhead, plus the propellant fuel used to fire the rocket.
View Quote

Stinger missiles have nearly a lb of C-4 in the warhead.  Maybe this is what the guy had, and the story was downplayed by the po-po to the reporter.
View Quote

I EXTREMELY doubt it was a Stinger!!  Manpads are highly accountable items!!!  A 2.75" Rockets can be found on many impact areas in "dud" condition!

As far as a Stinger having C-4 as it explosive warhead filler, I doubt it.  Plastic explosives are usually not found in warheads, I can only think of one off and that is the M123 165mm HEP round!  

C-4 is basically a general-purpose explosive for ground troops to use.  Its ability to be used like a putty and the fact it not very sensitive to Heat/Shock/Friction are why it replaced TNT.   C-4 can't be melted and poured into warheads like TNT and Comp B, it would have to be pressed in, a more costly endeavor!
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 5:39:07 AM EDT
[#11]

I trained on Stingers for six years in the FL Army National Guard - 14S MOS.  Yes, they have C-4 in the warhead.  As for the accountability, it IS doubtful that one could appear in private hands, I was just throwing out a possiblity.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top