Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2011 12:36:25 AM EST
I went fishing this morning but after a short time I ran out of worms. Then I saw a cottonmouth with a frog in his mouth. Frogs are good bass bait.

Knowing the snake couldn't bite me with the frog in his mouth I grabbed him right behind the head, took the frog, and put it in my bait bucket.

Now the dilemma was how to release the snake without getting bit. So, I grabbed my bottle of W L Weller and poured a little bourbon whiskey in its mouth. His eyes rolled back, he went limp. I released him into the lake without incident and carried on fishing using the frog.

A little later, I felt a nudge on my foot. There was that same snake with two more frogs in his mouth.

Life is good in Texas.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 12:37:47 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 12:55:12 AM EST
Jealous
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 1:08:53 AM EST
He's trading you the frogs for more bourbon.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 1:19:46 AM EST
Hang on, I saw a frog earlier tonight........
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 1:27:20 AM EST
Good one OP.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 1:35:00 AM EST
LIVE is good anywhere.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 2:02:07 AM EST
Live is good
education is poor

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 2:38:11 AM EST
Originally Posted By Bat-Masterson:
Live is good
education is poor

welll, I may well say the same about your schools, but your ashamed of your location, Personal experience says: Johnny can't read and Sheila can't make change is obvious in much of the country..not just Texas

which is FULL OF YANKEE TRANSPLANTS and cast off's from New Orleans, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois, California and NEW YorJersRhoIsland and those visiting from South of the border whos primary language is Spanish...

THAT says a whole lot and of course is Not taken into consideration when reported by the Leftist Media you favor.

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 2:41:53 AM EST
Originally Posted By douglasmorris99:
Live is good
education is poor

welll, I may well say the same about your schools, but your ashamed of your location, Personal experience says: Johnny can't read and Sheila can't make change is obvious in much of the country..not just Texas

which is FULL OF YANKEE TRANSPLANTS and cast off's from New Orleans, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois, California and NEW YorJersRhoIsland and those visiting from South of the border whos primary language is Spanish...

THAT says a whole lot and of course is Not taken into consideration when reported by the Leftist Media you favor.

Lighten up. They're just poking fun at the thread title fail.

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 2:43:05 AM EST

Live is good
education is poor

Don't get mad chef, we know EVERYONE's jealous of Texas.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 2:43:32 AM EST
That's a good one.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 2:47:01 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/30/2011 2:48:14 AM EST by Chadthirty]
Originally Posted By 36_gauge:

Live is good
education is poor

Yea, simmer down. No need to get your blood boiling, just cooking up witty retorts.

ETA: I'm going to have to use that joke on some fishing buddies.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 2:59:31 AM EST
Originally Posted By Chadthirty:

Live is good
education is poor

Yea, simmer down. No need to get your blood boiling, just cooking up witty retorts.

ETA: I'm going to have to use that joke on some fishing buddies.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 3:03:18 AM EST
LOL
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 3:15:20 AM EST
Live is good
education is poor

Hey we're just doing our best to up your literacy rates and sending yankees there is a lot easier than teaching rednecks to read and write..
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 3:21:09 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/30/2011 3:35:24 AM EST by Bat-Masterson]
Live is good
education is poor

Live is good
education is poor
Texans have no sense of humor.

Education might be poor where I life

but at least live is good

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 3:23:53 AM EST
lol
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 3:25:08 AM EST
He mad?
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 3:37:18 AM EST
Only on arfcom could you find a man that can train a poisonous snake to trade food for bourbon!!!!

This is why I love this place!!

P.S. Do you ride a buffalo??
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 3:41:16 AM EST
Originally Posted By Silverbulletz06:
He's trading you the frogs for more bourbon.

This.

Proof that snakes have higher intelligence than some people.

CMOS
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 3:47:40 AM EST
Originally Posted By scottlang:
I went fishing this morning but after a short time I ran out of worms. Then I saw a cottonmouth with a frog in his mouth. Frogs are good bass bait.

Knowing the snake couldn't bite me with the frog in his mouth I grabbed him right behind the head, took the frog, and put it in my bait bucket.

Now the dilemma was how to release the snake without getting bit. So, I grabbed my bottle of W L Weller JACK DANIELS and poured a little bourbon whiskey in its mouth. His eyes rolled back, he went limp. I released him into the lake without incident and carried on fishing using the frog.

A little later, I felt a nudge on my foot. There was that same snake with two more frogs in his mouth.

Life is good in Texas.

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 4:03:05 AM EST

Live is good
education is poor

Why is everyone's butt so friggin raw this AM?

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 4:29:41 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/30/2011 4:30:24 AM EST by cyborg543]
Live is good
education is poor

Being on arfcom has opened my eyes to the fact that nobody congratulates themselves more with less good reason to do so than Texans.

Everything that's normal in texas is touted as being utterly wonderful.

Everything that's bad is laid at the feet of this weird conception that you guys have of the Northeast. Your impression of the NE part of the country is formed by reality shows about mall trash, it's complete nonsense.

Your governor is the biggest fucking RINO scumbag ever to walk the earth, a human weathervane, and you texans have voted democrat for decades and decades. The name LBJ ring a bell? Who voted for him? Jersey girls that moved to TX?

In summary, maybe crowing like a rooster and dumping criticism on an entire region of the USA is a bad idea when your state has a higher per capita debt load than CA.

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 4:51:48 AM EST

Originally Posted By cyborg543:
Live is good
education is poor

Being on arfcom has opened my eyes to the fact that nobody congratulates themselves more with less good reason to do so than Texans.

Everything that's bad is laid at the feet of this weird conception that you guys have of the Northeast. Your impression of the NE part of the country is formed by reality shows about mall trash, it's complete nonsense.

Your governor is the biggest fucking RINO scumbag ever to walk the earth, a human weathervane, and you texans have voted democrat for decades and decades. The name LBJ ring a bell? Who voted for him? Jersey girls that moved to TX?

In summary, maybe crowing like a rooster and dumping criticism on an entire region of the USA is a bad idea when your state has a higher per capita debt load than CA.

shit just got real
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 4:58:54 AM EST
ahhhh WL Weller....
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 5:03:31 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/30/2011 8:17:48 AM EST by cyborg543]

Originally Posted By cyborg543:
Live is good
education is poor

shit just got real

Seriously,

Imagine if I said that PA people were the best int he world and that we have a democrat governor because of toothless greasy drunks from the southwest fucking everything up.

I'll bet the guys from NV would think that was kind of a dumb thing to write here
Top Top