Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/26/2002 9:27:35 PM EDT

It's so damn hard to listen to Billie Holliday.
She zigs when you expect a zag, never hits on the beat and always just barely misses the note - but you just can't help but listen more. It's almost infuriating.

Coltrane's hard to listen to too.
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 9:31:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 9:35:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Coltrane's hard to listen to too.
View Quote

If you can predict the next note, or the next 5 notes, where's the fun in that? :)
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 9:57:28 PM EDT
[#3]
"Once is an error; twice is jazz."
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 10:07:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, my freinds, for Holliday and Coltrane, there is the Music before Heroin addiction, and there is the Music after Heroin addiction. The Music after takes a lot of imagination on the part of the listener to get through it.
Do the Thelonius Monk thing for roller coaster rides that you can eat and drink to.
(I'm not real sure waht that last part means other than that's Jazz.)[:D]
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 10:10:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Sorry to interrupt this thread, [b]The_Macallan[/b], but I tried to IM you without success and I found no e-mail address, but I wanted to thank you for your kind words for me in your IM.

Thank you for listening to what I've said! And thank you for telling me that you listened!

We all need all the help we can get! And I thank you for your help.

Eric The(Thankful)Hun[>]:)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top