Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 7/26/2002 8:27:35 PM EST
It's so damn hard to listen to Billie Holliday. She zigs when you expect a zag, never hits on the beat and always just barely misses the note - but you just can't help but listen more. It's almost infuriating. Coltrane's hard to listen to too.
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 8:31:33 PM EST
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 8:35:29 PM EST
Originally Posted By The_Macallan: Coltrane's hard to listen to too.
View Quote
If you can predict the next note, or the next 5 notes, where's the fun in that? :)
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 8:57:28 PM EST
"Once is an error; twice is jazz."
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 9:07:43 PM EST
Well, my freinds, for Holliday and Coltrane, there is the Music before Heroin addiction, and there is the Music after Heroin addiction. The Music after takes a lot of imagination on the part of the listener to get through it. Do the Thelonius Monk thing for roller coaster rides that you can eat and drink to. (I'm not real sure waht that last part means other than that's Jazz.)[:D]
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 9:10:27 PM EST
Sorry to interrupt this thread, [b]The_Macallan[/b], but I tried to IM you without success and I found no e-mail address, but I wanted to thank you for your kind words for me in your IM. Thank you for listening to what I've said! And thank you for telling me that you listened! We all need all the help we can get! And I thank you for your help. Eric The(Thankful)Hun[>]:)]
Top Top