Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/11/2011 9:22:01 AM EDT

He's talking about the riots in England and the rising black on white hate crimes in America that the government is refusing to do anything about.

I'm thinking it's time to upgrade my carry weapon one full step up. I don't think I want to get caught out of doors with a just a five shot revolver anymore.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 9:23:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
He's talking about the riots in England and the rising black on white hate crimes in America that the government is refusing to do anything about.

I'm thinking it's time to upgrade my carry weapon one full step up. I don't think I want to get caught out of doors with a just a five shot revolver anymore.

Reason I don't carry a Revolver. Five shots is like cooking a 6oz steak, not very fulfilling.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 9:24:43 AM EDT
[#2]
I was thinking the same thing. The S&W 360 PD .357 might not cut it anymore.

M&P 45 should do the trick.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 9:24:44 AM EDT
[#3]
I hear ya.  A few years ago, I couldn't fathom any realistic situation that I couldn't extricate myself from with 5 shots of .44 special plus 10 on my belt.  Now I'm thinking Glock 20.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 9:26:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Reason I don't carry a Revolver. Five shots is like cooking a 6oz steak, not very fulfilling.

Un less it's the Judge

Link Posted: 8/11/2011 9:27:00 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A five shot revolver would be fine for a mugger, but it's not enough for a gang of urban yutes out to put a hurt on Whitey (i.e. me).

Link Posted: 8/11/2011 9:29:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Five shot revolvers are fine if you're shooting snakes.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 9:35:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

If you carry extra ammo and speedloaders you are ok, but automatics and extra mags tend to be slimmer.

A good can of bear spray may be a good option too. Thugs tend to choose the weaker targets.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 9:38:18 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you carry extra ammo and speedloaders you are ok, but automatics and extra mags tend to be slimmer.

A good can of bear spray may be a good option too. Thugs tend to choose the weaker targets.

Pistol mags aren't as slim as speed strips.  Just saying.

Link Posted: 8/11/2011 9:40:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Well I certainly would carry and approve of more magazine capacity but in all reality looting thugs are just that,...cowardly thugs taking advantage;  your 5 shot revolver would get 98% of them running before the first shot.  

Just make sure you have enough cartridges for the 2% that will accept the challenge.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 9:42:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

What is this "speed strip" you speak of?
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 9:43:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Soooo, you want to find a weaker target in the crowd and bear spray them to immobilize them, and run fast, leaving them behind as thug bait to slow down the hoarde? I like the way you think.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 9:44:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Mag changes are 100% faster. Just saying.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 9:44:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

What is this "speed strip" you speak of?[/div]

Link Posted: 8/11/2011 9:46:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

true but speed strips take 3 loading motions, a automatic clip takes one.   I've used the speed strips of a friend but can't say I mastered them like he did.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 9:47:31 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm in the same position.  Recently, I accepted a position with a Fortune 500 company, but I'll be working in my home remotely.  With this in mind, my daily carry piece everywhere I go is about to be switched to the G29sf.  I'm not going to get punked by any street thugs.  And btw, I used to carry a 342ti, but upgraded to G26 a few years back after hearing about gang style attacks on families.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 9:47:41 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Soooo, you want to find a weaker target in the crowd and bear spray them to immobilize them, and run fast, leaving them behind as thug bait to slow down the hoarde? I like the way you think.

One of the girls I hike with is extrememly slow and has a hard time keeping up with the rest of us. We've nicknamed her "Bearbait"
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 9:48:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

true but speed strips take 3 loading motions, a automatic clip takes one.   I've used the speed strips of a friend but can't say I mastered them like he did.

Huh, they make automatic speed clips for teh gunz now?  Pics please.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 9:49:20 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What is this "speed strip" you speak of?

Link Posted: 8/11/2011 9:51:19 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Buy a different weapon to use as your primary but still carry the 5-shot .38 but use it in an ankle holster as a back-up.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 9:53:15 AM EDT
[#20]
Feel the same way and have since ~2007, a j-frame rocks as something to have your hand on ready to pull in a close and personal encounter but if we are gonna play cowboys and (ah err coc compliant thoughts) savages I want something with double digit capacity.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 9:53:35 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

OH. HELL. YES.

Link Posted: 8/11/2011 9:55:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Thanks guys, I just went and reloaded my 340PD with Buffalo Bore .357 and took out the .38+P after reading this. It's tough packing a M&P or 1911 when its eighty out. I also pack a six round speed strip.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 9:55:13 AM EDT
[#23]
Just carry multiple guns

Link Posted: 8/11/2011 9:55:17 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

What is this "speed strip" you speak of?[/div]

http://www.lesjones.com/www/images/posts/44-strip-display.jpg

I have one but haven't tried it out yet. I should I know... although I don't CCW yet.

The idea behind the speed strip is that, unlike the speed-loader, you don't have to wait to be empty before you reload.
and it only loads about 2 at a time really.

Or you could upgrade to a bigger revolver.  S&W 500 perhaps?
then the punks attacking you will think, "o it's just a revol...HOLY FUCK"
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 9:55:33 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I know, but they're more bulky, which was the point.

Link Posted: 8/11/2011 9:57:53 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Seriously?

Link Posted: 8/11/2011 9:59:46 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I know, but they're more bulky, which was the point.

Well if you really practice you can get a speedloader down to a few seconds.  I saw that Ayoob video and was like "holy crap that's fast"

Or... carry more than one weapon. ;)
fastest reload is... another gun
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 10:00:29 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Buy a different weapon to use as your primary but still carry the 5-shot .38 but use it in an ankle holster as a back-up.

This!
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 10:04:31 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Thanks guys, I just went and reloaded my 340PD with Buffalo Bore .357 and took out the .38+P after reading this. It's tough packing a M&P or 1911 when its eighty out. I also pack a six round speed strip.

Its almost 100 here and iv been outside all day with a glock 19 w 2 shot extension. 18 rounds and it isn't too bad.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 10:04:46 AM EDT
[#30]
A carbine in the trunk is a good thing.  Even something like a Ruger 10/22 has merit if you have the ammo.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 10:09:42 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

When it's 80? As in 80 fucking degrees? Are you shitting me?

If "when it's 80" is a clue as to your age, then I apologize grandfather.

I shouldn't bitch, it's only 93 so far, early morning cloud cover might keep us out of record territory today. And for the record I carry a Glock 19 and an extra G17 magazine when I am not at work.

Link Posted: 8/11/2011 10:16:41 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
It's tough packing a M&P or 1911 when its eighty out.

WTF?
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 10:18:01 AM EDT
[#33]
AK in the truck.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top