Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 11
Posted: 5/6/2004 11:11:13 AM EDT
compiling a list to setup weekly games

aaotracker.4players.de/portal.php and join our clan!
clan ID: 12120
password: colt

Team Speak Server
Server Address: 66.31.141.84:8763
Server Password: colt

Download the Client here:
www.teamspeak.org/_download.php

HKocher
REDHORSE
2IDdoc
Who_Me  -  [AR15]LongScareyName
frisco
Belfry_Express
Doug_H  - [AR15]_Coyote
VooDoo3dfx
Andreuha
TheKill -  [ar15.com]TheKill
jblachly
1911ar-15 -  [AR15]Armadillo556
freeride21a
223DEVIL   -  [AR15]223DEVIL
echo6
BlackDog714  -  [ar15]blackdog714
The_Breakfast_Fox  -   [AR15]_SilverJackal
Wobblin-Goblin  -   AR15Goblin
REDHORSE  -  [AR15]_REDHORSE
thebrain  -  [AR15]bcd27
PrivateJoker  -  [AR15] PrivateJoker
Taxman -  TaxmanAr15
Dave_A  -  [AR-15]Dave_A
Paul -  Chief_Paul  or   [AR15] Paul
Timmaaah - [AR15]Timmaaah!
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 11:23:45 AM EDT
[#1]
The_Breakfast_Fox - [AR15]_SilverJackal
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 5:15:47 PM EDT
[#2]
When we playing again???

Link Posted: 5/6/2004 6:15:24 PM EDT
[#3]
OK, I got logged out again, but now I'm back in almost 24hrs later. I downloaded the game and have finished the training, now I'm stuck and don't know how to go any further.

It keeps saying it's connecting to Andromeda, but nothing's happening.

What gives?
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 6:32:02 PM EDT
[#4]
OK, I figured out the Andromeda thingy: I have GameSpy. Now, who's playing and where???

I am AR15Goblin.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 12:08:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Wobblin-gobblin you got the hang of it yet? Try to be Medic right away..you get alot of points healing people.

I say we all play friday or saturday night.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 6:03:49 AM EDT
[#6]
I played from 2300 last night to 0350 this morning, and no, I did not get the hang of it yet. I got waxed about 20 times and only got two kills myself.

BTW, how do you do the text messaging while the game is in progress? I can't figure that out.

I like the "Bridge."
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 7:25:43 AM EDT
[#7]
OK, I have some important information here.......

This is strictly for experienced AA players!  
New players will NOT understand the advanced tactics involved!

Go here:  Click Me  (and download "Pasquetta SF").

You will need WinRar to uncompress it........  download here and install if you don't have it:  Click Me

Once you have uncompressed the file, you should have a video (-[TdC]-PasquettaSF.avi) to watch.

NOTE:  You also need the DivX codec installed if you don't already have it:  Click Me

Link Posted: 5/7/2004 8:14:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Pretty funny if you understand the game.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 10:25:40 AM EDT
[#9]
I've got my basic done and played a little bit online yesterday.

Handle= [AR15]_REDHORSE

Update:
Got all my training done up to SF. I was taking the SF exam, when the PC froze. Has frozen a couple of times already in the SF training. Reinstalling and hope to get that part done.

Been checking online, but see no AR15 games so far. Tried the IP from the other link also.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 10:41:22 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I played from 2300 last night to 0350 this morning, and no, I did not get the hang of it yet. I got waxed about 20 times and only got two kills myself.

BTW, how do you do the text messaging while the game is in progress? I can't figure that out.

I like the "Bridge."

T   text everybody
Y   text only you team
U   Report your location/Important so you don't get killed by your own team
Backspace  Drop your weapon
E   pick up weapon/Open Door
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 11:13:05 AM EDT
[#11]
My TIPS on Bridge

If your a newbie you might want to play defense first.
In the beginning take cover(I usually hide in the hills).Enemy 203's are good. Watch out using the SAW in one postion for a along time, Enemy 203's can figure out your position and blow you up.

Around 8 minutes to 7 minutes left you should nade left and right catwalks. This means timing your nade to go over the middle top and blowing up in the air causing more damage.

Link Posted: 5/7/2004 1:20:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Heading over there right now. Any plans for us to get together tonight?
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 2:08:46 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm in, if I can ever find the server that is being used

AA name [AR15]bcd27

Link Posted: 5/7/2004 2:25:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Look around at different servers for AR15 names.

BTW, what's "Ping?"
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 3:21:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Your connection..

The lower the better
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 3:23:37 PM EDT
[#16]
I've never played before.  Is there a good place to start for newbies?
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 4:12:10 PM EDT
[#17]
I plan on playing a bit of Insurgent Camp tonight.  I will be on one of the West coast servers, likely W15, W16 or W17.  I'll check in here every so often to see if the gang has gotten together elsewhere.

In a week or two, once we get coordinated, we should find an empty server and practice working as a team.  
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 4:13:38 PM EDT
[#18]
I'll go look for you.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 4:32:34 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I plan on playing a bit of Insurgent Camp tonight.  I will be on one of the West coast servers, likely W15, W16 or W17.  I'll check in here every so often to see if the gang has gotten together elsewhere.

Insurgent Camp? I don't see it.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 5:04:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Is there any way to look for specific players? Or anybody with the [AR15] prefix?
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 5:20:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Will be around the US ARMY servers W15, W16, W17..

Unless I see other AR15.comers somewhere else.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 5:39:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Going back to Bridge to look for people.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 6:08:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Please add me to the list!!
[AR15] PrivateJoker
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 6:18:08 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
...In a week or two, once we get coordinated, we should find an empty server and practice working as a team.  

Think Goatboy will add a dedicated server to the list of upgrades??
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 6:26:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Bridge SE. Right now. Look for AR15Goblin in a server.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 6:42:11 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Bridge SE. Right now. Look for AR15Goblin in a server.

Looking for you bud... Dont See ya.
I'll be on Official Server 57 Bridge SE

Edited to Say..... Im going to bed!
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 1:32:21 AM EDT
[#27]
[AR15]Redhorse that was fun. Good games...I don't normally play Bridge SE..I Play mostly Regular Bridge.

We need to get alot more of us [AR15] guys to play together. Get some Teamwork going
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 6:45:31 AM EDT
[#28]
Coupla questions from a newbie:

1. What the difference between "Bridge Crossing" and "Bridge SE?"

2. I read the parameters for the "Assault" and "Defend" teams. I don't get it: If you are Assault, do you play against the Defend Team? That's NOT what the mission parameter says.

3. How do you "move up" or gain points in AA (such as qualifying for Sniper)?
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 7:12:31 AM EDT
[#29]
To qualify for sniper you must qualify expert marksman in basic, then pass the advanced marksman training.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 10:06:07 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
To qualify for sniper you must qualify expert marksman in basic, then pass the advanced marksman training.

What does that mean for me now? Can I go back and re-qualify? Or do I need a new account now?

PS- Getting my ass kicked is getting old real quick. I might be in the wrong games or something, but the guys I'm playing against seem like fucking pros.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 10:41:32 AM EDT
[#31]
No you can keep playing basic marksmanship course until you get the score you need. I believe it is 37 out of 40. But this may not be necessary. I scoured 35 out of 40 twice and 36 once and it unlocked the advanced marksmanship course. Basically I qualified expert three times and it let me in. I passed both advanced courses the first time I tried.

It wont take you long to get the hang of it. I am still not that great but am no longer the worst. Get your medic training, then hang back and patch people up. You can learn a lot from this method. Also look around try not to get the tunnel vision when you can spot the enemy first you have a better chance of killing them. I spent a lot of time at the rifle rang and it helped my kill ratio.

Try to get away from th close quarters stuff too. Try ranger school or mountain pass. they are larger maps and give you more time and and cover, with longer shots.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 10:51:25 AM EDT
[#32]
Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 10:57:43 AM EDT
[#33]
BTW, we need to set up a system so we can all gather together on particular days. We could set up plans here (because knowing and understanding what you and your buddies are doing is vital, and typing it while fighting is piss-poor) and then implement them in the game.

The best guys I've played against in the Bridge have a game plan that they don't really stray from and they kick ass. I see it coming but there's nothing I can do about it because my teams don't communicate and aren't on the same page.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 11:11:47 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
[AR15]Redhorse that was fun. Good games...I don't normally play Bridge SE..I Play mostly Regular Bridge.

Yep that was fun. Just getting back into the groove of playing again, I do didn't go past the training in AA 1.0. Just didn't like it compared to Rainbow Six series. Getting to like this vesion now.

I also met up with [AR15]_Coyote before you.

Tried out 3-4 maps last night to learn the layout and watched the other players do their favorite spots and techniques.

What surprised me is that there was still a lot of cheating and hacking going on. Thought PB was supposed to take care of that. It didn't take long  for everyone to vote them out the cheats. I like that feature.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 11:29:36 AM EDT
[#35]

What surprised me is that there was still a lot of cheating and hacking going on. Thought PB was supposed to take care of that. It didn't take long  for everyone to vote them out the cheats. I like that feature.

FWIW, I have been playing since ver 1.2, and that was the first time I have seen cheating like that first hand.  I really don't think it happens that often.

What do you guys think about getting headsets and using Team Speak?

If enough people are interested, I'll work on getting us our own private server for it.  
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 11:45:53 AM EDT
[#36]
How do you know cheating is going on? With everything happening so fast, I couldn't tell shit.

Where do you get headsets??? I'm up with that!
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 12:01:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
How do you know cheating is going on? With everything happening so fast, I couldn't tell shit.
quote]

The game began, and I started running.  Within about 7 seconds, I was shot in the head.  No big deal, but I look at the messages and notice that four other people were shot within the same time by the same guy.  No one can kill that many people that fast, especially when they are not all together.  This one guy took out our whole team in less than a minute (probably more like 35 to 45 seconds).  All head shots.  He did it again the second game, but it took longer, as I hid in the tunnel, and he had to come get me.  It resulted in the fastest votekick I have ever seen.  There was absolutely no question whatsoever that it was cheating.  

I think any computer store would have headsets.  Look for the geekiest looking clerk, and I bet he will be able to give you all the info!  
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 1:50:00 PM EDT
[#38]
Should I look for something in particular, or anything the geek suggests will do?

Link Posted: 5/8/2004 2:33:24 PM EDT
[#39]
I dunno.  I got to get a set as well, so I will either be picking blind, or using the geek method myself!

Just make sure you got the mic and ears!
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 4:20:59 PM EDT
[#40]
I just got another guy to sign up. Will let you know what his playing name is.

BTW, I was playing with some guys this afternoon and after four or games of me rushing up the bridge (assault team) and getting waxed fairly quickly, I finally made up almost to the other side and waited for others to come up. I was the last guy left with a few minutes to spare AND THEY VOTED ME THE FUCK OFF FOR INACTIVITY.

WTF???

I was 95% across the bridge and was engaging defenders on their side of the field when they booted me. Assholes.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 5:16:16 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
I was 95% across the bridge and was engaging defenders on their side of the field when they booted me. Assholes.

All the more reason to get our own server.... I saw goatboy was setting up a Battlefield Vietnam server... perhaps we request one for AA???
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 5:36:28 PM EDT
[#42]
Pipeline US Army Official EU 87 right now
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 6:18:21 PM EDT
[#43]
make that EU 86
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 8:41:21 PM EDT
[#44]
I've been on Bridge SE for three hours now....

Official US 247 server....
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 11:36:51 PM EDT
[#45]
Wobblin-gobblin I'm having a hard time playing BridgeSE. Those guys are just too good. They kept calling me noobie.

I think you might be better off in Bridge Crossing.

The difference betwwen Bridge Crossing and Bridge SE is Bridge Crossing has only the bridge part. No valley or ridge to worry about flankers. Also Bridge Crossing has fog. It is better protection from snipers. The one problem is the 203 spammers. good thing is to takj cover opening minutes of the game. It is pretty much more intense because you can get hit by random fire.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 2:11:23 AM EDT
[#46]
I was getting extremely frustrated, too. I went to a Bridge Crossing game and had more fun.

We need to get together with our own buds.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 7:50:37 AM EDT
[#47]
I thought I would post a little tip oh how to find servers.

After you deploy and the list of servers comes up, most of the time with a lot of none. You can click on each line of the list and it will ping that server only. As a result you will get a lot more hits. Usually they will come up right after you click it. I start at the bottom and click each blank or line saying none, one at a time until I find the server I want.

Hope this helps. On a side note, My graphics card is piss poor and I get  better rendering without the herkey jerky when there are 12 or less players on the board.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 9:07:31 AM EDT
[#48]
We definitely have to get our own server, or at least flood a server with [AR15] names.  Bridge Crossing is not a particularly good map for getting the hang of the game. Trying to run across a narrow open space is frustrating. Better levels for beginners are something like MOUT McKeena (I hate that level, but that's the consensus), or something like Insurgent Camp or Headquarters Raid. Those are smaller, tighter maps, with more emphasis on team work and fast shooting.

If we could use headsets we could kick some serious ass!!!!!!

The poor man's alternative that I once tried with a buddy of mine with Soldier of Fortune2 was simply to talk over the phone. Sure, only two people can do that, and it's piss poor compared to a headset, but it beat the heck of typing things.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 9:24:53 AM EDT
[#49]
Hey Woblin, have you tried to get onto the maps with nobody else there? Basically, without joining a game, pull down the console and specify a map (whatever you want). That way, you can a map by yourself at will and know the place inside out without the annoyance of actually getting killed. Sure, you can follow people around as a ghost, but it's not quite the same.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 10:04:17 AM EDT
[#50]
If you guys are having trouble finding servers, download the All Seeing Eye.  The trial version is free.  It is a great tool.

Fot the guys new to the game, you can actually explore maps off line if you want to get the lay of the land.  Link

If you want your stats tracked, create an account at aaotracker.

When I mentioned getting a dedicated server, I was referring to a teamspeak server.  We can use public ones, but a private one is much better, giving us more control.  If we do all get on teamspeak, it would also help in finding where people are playing.  Simply log into the TS server first, and ask where everyone is.  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top