Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/10/2001 8:03:40 AM EDT
Here's a different scenario. Your neighborhood is getting evacuated for any random reason (act of God, chemical spill, threat of terrorism) and you have to grab a limited bug out bag. You can't get to your own "safe house" or that of a friend/relative so you move to an armory or school gym. Obviously, long arms are not appropriate, so you opt for a sidearm.

Due to size and space concealment restrictions, do you take a combat arm with limted ammo (50 rounds), a snubby revolver with more ammo (150 rounds) or something like a target .22 with a full brick of 500 rounds?
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 8:26:12 AM EDT
[#1]
First of all it would take a serios act of god to get me out of my house until I was ready to go.

I that case would take the ar and all the ammo I could. Screw what the others think. If I can't be in my house i will take the most important things in my house with me (family, guns, cash). I guess I will be the crazy guy in the corner with a gunsafe cleaning his ar. If miss soccer mom doesn't like I'll tell her where she can stick it.

There's no such thing as too much of a good thing.
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 8:32:25 AM EDT
[#2]
First of all, If you had to go to an armory or school gym, firearms would NOT be allowed.  So you would be arrested on the spot.

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 8:32:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Hell, I'm taking an ak. If they give me crap about it, I'll tell them I'm volunteering for guard duty.

I was actually thinking about getting a bulgarian Makarov that could be used in this type of situation. Small enough to slip into a backpack and stay unnoticed.
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 8:57:14 AM EDT
[#4]

i'm curious to know why the revolver would allow bringing three times the ammo of a combat arm (semi auto pistol??)

i'm thinking my first choice would be to grab my .40 full size and compact pistols with several loaded mags and maybe an extra box or two of ammo.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top