Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2005 5:21:26 PM EDT
Upon noticing a bag of blackbeans this afternoon in my disheveled cupboards, an epiphany hit me that I needed to make Blackbean soup.  A quick search revealed this recipe, the first one I clicked on....

www.texascooking.com/recipes/blackbeansoup.htm

and I was convinced....I had to make it.  I didn't have the necessary ingredients in my domicile, but, damnit, my car needed an oil change.  Called the shop, gathered my oil (I always bring my own oil for a change as I like consistency and I like to take care of "Darling" as best I can.

I could now make a run to Kroger to gather the necessary ingredients, as well as get a needed oil change.

I am combining trips.

I am socially and environmentally sensitive and aware.

I am going to get my soup.

I followed the recipe.  My changes involved doubling, perhaps tripling the cayenne pepper.  Also, I found the final instructions a bit unnecessary...where you cool your concoction and then send it through the blender, then bring it back and reheat with the white wine and sherry.

INSTEAD, with about 45 min remaining of the 2 1/2 hrs I set my timer for, threw in the wine and sherry, probably about double on each than what the recipe called for.

After the timer finally went off, I had a somewhat thick soup.   It tasted good, but was tough to get representative sample of all the ingredients with one spoon full.

So, off into the blender, a serving for me tonight, it went.  Blended the hell out of it.  The outcome is fantastic.

It is good soup.  It is a brown puree muck that is very, very good.

Make this soup, cherish this soup, and then come back to this thread and praise me for enlightening you onto the path of good soup.

That is all.

Carry on.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top