Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/15/2002 12:21:22 PM EDT
If you do you are a minority on this board.
I can't get over the ignorance and attitudes on this board toward Law Enforcement.

It seems that most people dislike Leo's because at one time or another they have had a bad experience with one.

Well, I hate to tell you this but, there are bad people in every job.

Do you hate fast food workers because one time you were at McDonalds and the cashier was rude?

Do you hate Teachers because you failed a class at one time or another and he/she had the balls to give "YOU" a failing grade?

Do you get mad when a Cop gives you a ticket for speeding, even though you were?

I would bet my life that the majority of the people on this board that talk trash about LEOs fit into two categories:

1.) Met fewer than 3 or 4 cops in their life, and are friends with non.

2.) Have at one time or another been caught doing something illegal.

If either one of these fit you, please keep quiet the next time someone asks you your opinion about Police Officers.

I seriously doubt any of you "Cop Bashers" would comment on Eienstein's theory of relativity if asked, and I am quite sure you know as much about it as you do Cops.

Link Posted: 5/15/2002 12:24:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Take two donuts and go to bed.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 12:25:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
If you do you are a minority on this board.
I can't get over the ignorance and attitudes on this board toward Law Enforcement.
View Quote

Not true. I believe there are nearly 20,000 users on this board. Only a handful consistently bash Johnny Law. They are a very small minority. Now un wad your skivvies and drive on.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 12:25:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 12:28:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Yawn....[smoke]
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 12:30:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Mcdonalds worker don't pull you over and shoot you in the face..none of them, not a single one.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 12:30:44 PM EDT
[#6]
I have always liked and respected Cops and the job that they do.  I pretty much kept myself out of trouble growing up though!  
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 12:32:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Start a new thread with a poll and lets see.

Shok
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 12:33:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 12:33:56 PM EDT
[#9]
[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/SPECTRE%2Fkwikext%2Egif[/img]

Link Posted: 5/15/2002 12:35:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 12:37:34 PM EDT
[#11]
I have known and met many cops (off duty) and the majority of them are arrogant ass-holes. I'm not a cop basher. It just seems like that type of person is best suited for that job.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 12:41:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 12:41:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 12:44:40 PM EDT
[#14]
I have always liked and respected Cops and the job that they do
View Quote

same here...

the proplem is like someone else said .. A Mcdonalds employee cant put you in jail cause he makes up a charge...
A Mcdonalds employee wont arrest me for selling sheetrock crumps as drugs < see the Dallas Police >
A Mcdonalds employee cant pull me over cause I drive a nice car and ask me what I do for a living, then call a Canine unit when I politely respond.. " Can you tell me why you pulled me over?"  < again Dallas PD >
Some times the proplem is of the cops own making... covering up for the .0000009% and leting it happen.. guilt by association.

the above statement is the major reason.. covering up for your coworkers...
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 12:47:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Just something about being called and ass-hole from a bung-hole [:D]

mike
View Quote

Mike,

Same thing hit my brain first off, too.

Everyone,

Seriously, There ARE bad cops. There are also good cops who do a tough thankless job every day. I just posted a comment on this over at Glock Talk. There are several people over there starting "victimless crime" threads. Obviously trolling when they do it.  If a LEO commits a crime, they should be bad-mouthed for it. But painting every LEO with the broad brush of "bad cop" is wrong.

Scott

[:D]

Link Posted: 5/15/2002 12:47:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 12:53:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 1:00:38 PM EDT
[#18]
have it's "10 percent"?
View Quote

I've known a lot of LEO's, mostly former, in my life, and if it was only 10% that was the problem, there wouldn't much of a problem.  Most members here don't have a problem with blanket statements about liberals because they're anti-gun.  What's wrong with being anti-LEO for the same (good) reason?
How can download that fantastic gif above!
View Quote

Depending on the browser you're using, you probably can just click with the right mouse button over the image, then click something like "Save Picture As."z
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 1:05:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
1.) Met fewer than 3 or 4 cops in their life, and are friends with non.
View Quote

I was one. I have had and have many associoates who were or are law enforcement. This is why I have a rather low opinion of most police. Familiarity does breed contempt.

2.) Have at one time or another been caught doing something illegal.
View Quote

I have stolen some bases and a few kisses.

I seriously doubt any of you "Cop Bashers" would comment on Eienstein's theory of relativity if asked, and I am quite sure you know as much about it as you do Cops.
View Quote

Would that be special or general theory? Have you seen the gravastar hypothesis? It would go a long way towards explaining some of the general theory's stranger rules. I used to tutor physics in college. I love that stuff. It is such a pleasure to finally meet someone with a law enforcement background who will be able to actively converse about hyperdimensional topologies extending into 3D space in a comprehensive manner. Most LEOs talk about sports and stupid crap they have seen. I am so excited! What is your take on extant subatomic particles as opposed to the creation by obeserver theory?
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 1:29:59 PM EDT
[#20]
would you care for some cheese with that whine?
[sleep]
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 1:32:56 PM EDT
[#21]
I have known many Troopers in the past, and currently have one as a neighbor.  Great guy.

Here is a scenario for your LEO's that might give you some perspective on why some folks don't like cops.

Scenario:
Someone, who is armed, forces you off of the road and takes your money.  You have no choice, you can't fight back or you could get killed.  The entire time this is happening, you are nearly bursting with rage and helplessness.  After it is over, you have nothing but evil thoughts for the perpetrator.

Sounds like armed robbery right?  Wrong.  This is a simple traffic ticket.

Now, don't get me wrong.  Law enforcement is there for a reason, like safety, etc.  Given the number of fools on the road who would endanger everyone including my loved ones, this is a necessary evil in life.  I don't have a problem with authority.  Maybe the above example will just give some perspective.

-White Horse [;)]
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 2:03:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Do you hate fast food workers because one time you were at McDonalds and the cashier was rude?
View Quote

I dislike all Mexican fast food workers because they are consistently, well kinda dumb, and cannot speak ENGLISH.  I avoid fast food restaurants with Meximelts in favor of those with people who speaka da english and have a brain (any other race will do, even the Chinese/Koreans who can't speaka da english any better but are very friendly!!!).  Is that OK?

And yes, I do get mad when a cop gives me a speeding ticket.  Especially on roads with unnecessarily low speed limits.  And ESPECIALLY when morons who go 10-15 mph under the speed limit and hold up traffic are never pulled over and ticketed.  I guess going a safe (but over the "limit") speed when ALL ALONE on a road is dangerous, but going slow and holding up dozens of cars is "safe".
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 2:04:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/SGB%2Fpig%2Egif[/img]
View Quote

PIGS!  LOL  cops rule!
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 2:15:38 PM EDT
[#24]
[img]http://www.stopstart.btinternet.co.uk/nc/comp1.gif[/img]

That animation is funny as hell, but it's how I feel when people think a dislike of LEO's is related to serving tickets and arresting thugs (arresting thugs is a good thing!).
[red]It is all about WHO[/red] is going to serve warrants and arrest those who will become criminals at a pen stroke of new gun laws.  THROUGHOUT HISTORY THE ONES TO CARRY OUT TYRANNY'S OPRESSION, [B]WHETHER THEY LIKED IT OR NOT,[/B] WERE SWORN OFFICERS OF THE STATE!
Whether it is sword weilding men in tunic's, Mauser's and jack boots, MP5's and black BDU's or plasma armor and pulse/laser rifles - federal, local, volunteer or galactic.......... Law ENFORCEMENT person's[blue](of a none specific gender [;D])[/blue] will, and have always been the TOOL of an opressive government(and sarah brady).

Thank your LEO today for doing what he does to deter thugs (so you dont have to shoot or arrest them yourself),  [size=4]but never forget history.[/size=4]
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 4:33:02 PM EDT
[#25]
The cops where I live now are really pretty cool and I've had not one bad experience with them. However, I live in a rural forested area and everyone is very spread out.
Prior to this I've had some pretty abysmal experiences with most-not all.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 4:39:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Mcdonalds worker don't pull you over and shoot you in the face..none of them, not a single one.
View Quote

I'll do a better job of aiming next time while saying "Would you like to super-size that order?"
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 6:41:58 PM EDT
[#27]
well isn't that interesting.  another guy berating us for something he apparently knows nothing about.

i was just watching a expose (not current, but within the last 5 years) of crooked cops this afternoon.  focused mainly from the 80's through the 90's (ironically coincided with the escalation of the war on drugs.....hmmmmmmm).

anywho, watching that was enough to make anyone take a second, long hard look at the next cop they meet.  one guy was in prison for more than 2 years because Philly (i think) police faked the evidence (planted drugs).  and they later admitted it.  now, for every one they did admit, how many have they let rot in jail?  just something to think about.

i'll never bad-mouth a cop for being a cop.  i wouldn't want to do their job.  i'm glad their doing it for me.  however, it just chaps my hide when some copper topper pulls me over for speeding when i know damn good and well he does the same thing.  on duty or off, family in the car, it doesn't matter.  i call that hypocrisy.  i don't care if they want to enforce the rules/laws.  but they damn sure better abide by them too!
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 7:10:24 PM EDT
[#28]
I like cops, some of my best friends are/were cops, I was an MP, I work for several police departments as a labor attorney...
That being said, my hometown police are jerks. Their union ordered hassassment of CCW holders, they all said aye aye and hit the road to hate.
Screw them. They want to be my enemy? Fine. They are.
I have carried every single day since their announcement of how they would abuse any CCW holder they stopped.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 7:13:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

They do pour Everclear in milkshakes "to see if anyone will notice"
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 10:52:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Respect is a 2-way street.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 11:37:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
[img]http://www.stopstart.btinternet.co.uk/nc/comp1.gif[/img]
schv
Your boring the shit out of me...
View Quote

AMEN BROTHER

Yes, I'm a cop...I love being one...but there are some cops I don't trust at all.   Geez, these threads get old.  
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 12:10:41 AM EDT
[#32]
Allow me to go out on a limb here and say that MOST of those here tend to judge the individual and not the profession.  Do not clump us all into some bigoted group.

There are outspoken people on this board who will bash Policemen and, well, any group.  But from all the posts I've read during the years I've been around, I'd say most here are intelligent enough to know that there are always a few bad apples in any group or organization.  Most do not judge the entire group of people based only on the bad.
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 12:50:14 AM EDT
[#33]
I have never met an on duty cop that was friendly to me.  On the other hand, I've never met one that was particularly mean or unfair either.  They all just did their job.

I keep reading stories on here about cool cops that talk guns with you when they pull you over for speeding and let you off with a warning because you both bonded and blah blah blah blah.  Never happened to me.  They've all been effecient and unforgiving.  They just gave me my ticket and went on their way without saying much else.  I put the "gun talk" cops in the same category as the ones that treat you like scum and a criminal because they can.  I guess both types exist, but I've never come across either.

USPC40

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/line.gif[/img]
[url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 1:23:51 AM EDT
[#34]
I have an excellent rapport with my local PD - good guys.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top