Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/8/2005 12:42:03 PM EDT
I just hope they don't charge a premium for the discs.

PC World article
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 1:01:37 PM EDT
[#1]
cool,thanks for the link
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 1:11:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Depending on the purpose of the disc I'll use either a felt tip pen or my inkjet printer. This'll replace the felt tip pen scenerio quite nicely.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 1:11:48 PM EDT
[#3]
That is entirely too cool.....
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 1:12:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Sounds cool, but I wonder how much it cost right now I just use my Sharpie "Bootleg pen"
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 1:58:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I read that the blank disks will cost a dime more WOW!
great stuff, I want one
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 10:16:49 AM EDT
[#6]
With HP putting these in the PCs, I think they stand a good chance of catching on, and coming down in price fast.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:32:04 AM EDT
[#7]
My wife does graphic design and has decided to use these disks to give to customers for her proofs...
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 2:04:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Absolutely totally cool!

First I was waiting for the price of Dual Layer DVDR media to come down, now I'll be waiting for a drive that  has this technology and the media for it.

Now that I've gotten the software to convert my captured MPEGs into DVDs, I'm a DVD creating fool!

This is what I do

Capture with ATI AIW card
Edit and convert with TMPGEnc DVD Author
Shrink those files that are 5-9GB using DVD Shrink so that they fit on one 4.7 DVDR

My credit card is ready and waiting, hurry up already!

Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:31:20 PM EDT
[#9]
What I can't wait for is Microsoft to license their WMV decoder on a chip to set-top DVD players. I thought they'd be out by now. I've got a bunch of DVDs with tons of WMV files on them I'd love to just pop in the set-top and watch on TV.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top