Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/4/2004 2:57:15 AM EDT
Would somebody from Ft Campbell go over and kick on the door and see if they are still in business. Their e-mail and phone service seems to be out. The shipping department  also seems to be out of order.  The department that charges you for an order not received seems to be working just fine.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 3:06:02 AM EDT
[#1]
BTDT.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 3:15:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Welcome to the wonderful world of mail order. I have had my issues with them myself, not having stuff in stock and failure to notify me of that until I call them months later. BTW, did ya try posting this in the InDUstry section, they dont have any problem attempting to defend themselves, even though I have place 3 orders for mainstream stuff and still had to wait (to the point where I jus cancelled)
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 3:29:25 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Welcome to the wonderful world of mail order. I have had my issues with them myself, not having stuff in stock and failure to notify me of that until I call them months later. BTW, did ya try posting this in the InDUstry section, they dont have any problem attempting to defend themselves, even though I have place 3 orders for mainstream stuff and still had to wait (to the point where I jus cancelled)

Heheheh. You too?
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 3:42:54 AM EDT
[#4]
I had problems with them too.
Chris at Protac had me order stuff from there for some classes I was taking.  When he mentioned Brad by name, I decided to CALL AND ENDED UP PULLING HIS ASS OUT OF A MEETING because I wanted to talk to him, and no one else.  I needed this stuff, preferably before the tactical class.
I told him that my missing piece of the order was supposedly seen on the dock to ship twice in the past two weeks, yet it had not shipped yet.  I had waited months on backorder and finally got my order, but it was missing a strap/buckle.  Every call I made, someone assured me that they saw it on the dock and it would be shipped.  I was not pissed off about the backorder, just the incompetent people on the phone that were assuring me that the missing piece shipped.  It was still "on the dock" when I spoke to Brad.
Brad straightened it out.  He was really cool. The guy he hired to take care of this shit was doing a poor job so he cracked the whip.

Now I use Botach Tactical.  They are extremely easy to work with, they have some of the best prices out there with a low price guarantee, they have a HUGE product selection, they answer technical questions, and they call back in a reasonable amount of time if you leave a messsage or use their live help button online.  Lightfighter treated me as if I *should* already know what I want and how it works, and they seemed surprised that I was a civilian.

Overall Lightfighter did shape up.
But that was a year ago.  I wonder if it slipped...

Link Posted: 5/4/2004 3:44:31 AM EDT
[#5]
This thread won't last long...
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 3:50:45 AM EDT
[#6]
"libelous content removed"
(even though it is not libelous)
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 3:51:56 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Que pasa?
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 3:57:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 4:26:19 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Que pasa?

That has nothing to do with this, that's SuperAlpha's troll account and he's whining about his being banned over stuff he said about some other dealer here. As I remember it he was already on thin ice at the time anyway.

(Actually I am MAXP and this is not a troll account.  "Superalpha" had a troll account called Heretic_Hun and it was eventually banned too.  I guess TBK1 found out, since everyone else, including LT, ETH, etc already knew.  The issue at hand is that Superalpha posted some info, legitimate, verified by the vendor on the same thread, etc, and yet his ass still got jumped by everyone because TBK1 put "libelous content removed" in Superalpha's post.  This made it appear that SA was effectively calling K2 cocksuckers or something, so EVERYONE jumped on him without ever reading the REAL message, which was just about their quirky non-civilian hours, appointments only, and how they tend to cater to LEO more then the civilian, etc.)
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 4:39:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 4:42:34 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Huh?" Superalpha" (which means YOU) was banned so you opened this other account even though you were banned, you are the same banned guy whether you use Superalpha, Maxp, heretichun or Captain Underpants. Why are you talking about the various accounts you use in the third person? "his" "he" it's YOU yeesh your brother just IMed me about you you fruitloop

This is why I come here everyday   Feel the love.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 4:47:24 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Huh?" Superalpha" (which means YOU) was banned so you opened this other account even though you were banned, you are the same banned guy whether you use Superalpha, Maxp, heretichun or Captain Underpants. Why are you talking about the various accounts you use in the third person? "his" "he" it's YOU yeesh your brother just IMed me about you you fruitloop

Maybe MAXP is Jimmy.....

Link Posted: 5/4/2004 4:47:57 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This is why I come here everyday   Feel the love.

Gotta love it.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 4:55:49 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Captain Underpants.

That may be the perfect username for ARFCOM.

Link Posted: 5/4/2004 4:58:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Hey before you start badmouthing LF, you might check into some facts.....just maybe.

LF was hit with a worm that attacked their entire system.   Email, web site, credit card system, new automated phone system, etc. all crashed.

They are just baout back on their feet.  So wait an hour or so, for them to open, and give them a call.  Rather than running to the net to whine.

Link Posted: 5/4/2004 5:00:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Anyone trying to convince me that Botach provides a better overall customer service effort than Lightfighter needs to change their bongwater.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 5:05:49 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Anyone trying to convince me that Botach provides a better overall customer service effort than Lightfighter needs to change their bongwater.

Well said J_22!!

I have personally tried to deal with Botach, just before it really hit the net about how horrible they are.  I would rather slam my dick in a sliding glass door than do that again......
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 5:05:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 5:14:48 AM EDT
[#19]

I have personally tried to deal with Botach, just before it really hit the net about how horrible they are. I would rather slam my dick in a sliding glass door than do that again......

I would rather that you did, too.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 5:16:22 AM EDT
[#20]
[Monty Python] This is a silly thread. [/Monty Python]

Link Posted: 5/4/2004 6:06:10 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I have personally tried to deal with Botach, just before it really hit the net about how horrible they are. I would rather slam my dick in a sliding glass door than do that again......

Geez!!

Can't a guy have an opinion??
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 6:20:36 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I would rather slam my dick in a sliding glass door than do that again......

Hmmmm.... must've been real quality service..... IM me if you get the chance, and give me a basic rundown (if you don't mind) on what
their deal is. Some guys at work have been looking to buy some stuff and I heard them talking about this company......
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 6:31:22 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
<snip>

Waa waa!!!

You didn't get your gear for your 'tactical' class in time.  Guess what?  There's a lot of guys fighting REAL wars right now.  Ever think that they should come first???

I've waited a long time for gear from Lightfighter and I know how you feel, it sucks.  But there are people that NEED the gear more than us, so there is no sense in badmouthing the guys that equip some of our soldiers.

Besides, anyone that recommends BOTACH (THE worst internet company in the country, I know from personal experience) is clearly a troll.

And like someone else already mentioned, Brad is having major problems over the last couple days caused by a computer virus.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 6:38:39 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Hmmmm.... must've been real quality service..... IM me if you get the chance, and give me a basic rundown (if you don't mind) on what
their deal is. Some guys at work have been looking to buy some stuff and I heard them talking about this company......

I've placed about 10 orders with Botach (yeah I was a sucker, don't use them anymore) because their prices seem really good.  Only about two of those orders were flawless.

Of the others, the average ship time was about 3-4 months.  Many times the orders were messed up and items were missing or incorrect.  One time I received what appeared to be a used or refurbed item (Trijicon Reflex), although it was advertised as new.  Another time part of my order was cancelled, but they neglected to notify me.

And whenever anything went wrong, it was very hard to get ahold of someone to help me.  Emails were never returned and phone calls weren't a whole lot better.  That's my experience in a nutshell.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 6:40:58 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Hmmmm.... must've been real quality service..... IM me if you get the chance, and give me a basic rundown (if you don't mind) on what their deal is. Some guys at work have been looking to buy some stuff and I heard them talking about this company......

An example:

Lightfighter will not charge your credit card until your stuff ships. Botach charges you right away, even if everything is out of stock.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 6:55:49 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
An example:

Lightfighter will not charge your credit card until your stuff ships. Botach charges you right away, even if everything is out of stock.

Bullshit. Lightfighter did PRECISELY this with an order of mine. I ordered a vest from them in December of '02. They took the order and charged my account, making no mention of any backordering problem. By March of '03, I had enough waiting around for the damned thing after having paid for it months before so I cancelled the order and asked for a credit to the account.

This was done.

Then, in June of that year, I got a package from them. Sure enough, it was the vest, which I had cancelled three months earlier. No bill, no receipt, just the vest. I called them about it and was told I either had to provide a CC number again or ship it back to them immediately. The rep wasn't even courteous about THEIR MISTAKE. Since I liked the vest, I provided my # again and paid for the damn thing.  I then wrote Brad personally and he thanked me for my honesty (they had no idea the vest was ever shipped to me and he said they never would have known) and my business. He said he'd make it right next time I did business with his company. I have yet to oblige.

It isn't the end of the world, but the old adage is true: Once bitten, twice shy.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 7:43:16 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:
An example:

Bullshit. Lightfighter did PRECISELY this with an order of mine.

Allow me to restate: Lightfighter has not charged my credit card until my gear shipped.

You say you called and got your problem squared away? Have you ever called Botach with an order problem? Did the person who answered the phone --if you even got a human being on the other end-- speak anything close to intelligible English? Did that person resolve your issue while you were on the phone?
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 7:47:22 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
An example:

Bullshit. Lightfighter did PRECISELY this with an order of mine.

Allow me to restate: Lightfighter has not charged my credit card until my gear shipped.

You say you called and got your problem squared away? Have you ever called Botach with an order problem? Did the person who answered the phone --if you even got a human being on the other end-- speak anything close to intelligible English? Did that person resolve your issue while you were on the phone?

Dude, I never ordered anything from Botach. You might be thinking of somebody else.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 7:47:34 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 7:53:30 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Dude, I never ordered anything from Botach. You might be thinking of somebody else.

No, let's just call it a rhetorical question.

You had a problem with an order at Lightfighter. I've had a problem with an order at Lightfighter. It's not whether any particular business has a 100% perfect record --because none of them do-- but how they fix problems when they arise.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 7:56:53 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, let's just call it a rhetorical question.

You had a problem with an order at Lightfighter. I've had a problem with an order at Lightfighter. It's not whether any particular business has a 100% perfect record --because none of them do-- but how they fix problems when they arise.

And because of this, I have been hesitant to scream at the top of my lungs about my experience.

BTW, that pic of the Iraqi kids is friggen hilarious.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 7:58:32 AM EDT
[#32]
I like Lightfighter, but I've had many of the same issues.  I ordered a pair of boots from them two weeks ago, and was told they were on back order and would not be available for three weeks or so.  I called the manufacturer, and I had my new kicks in two days.

Link Posted: 5/4/2004 8:01:29 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
I like Lightfighter, but I've had many of the same issues.  I ordered a pair of boots from them two weeks ago, and was told they were on back order and would not be available for three weeks or so.  I called the manufacturer, and I had my new kicks in two days.

I'm currently waiting on a couple pair of BDU's, a Blackhawk Web Belt, and two Under Armour T-shirts...

I have been charged the total of my order though...one piece which shipped incorrectly....kneepads should have been buckle closure, not velcro.

Interesting pieces to be on backorder....but so be it.

Weird experience, to be sure.........
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 8:22:48 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

superalpha = Owned!
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 8:27:35 AM EDT
[#35]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Geez!!

Certainly.  Can't TWO guys have an opinion?

I probably should have added this to my first post:  

BTW, don't ever criticize a site sponsor, past, present, or future.  WOOOHOOO!  How to get a thread locked & make it disappear real quick.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 9:25:17 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Geez!!

Certainly.  Can't TWO guys have an opinion?

I probably should have added this to my first post:  

BTW, don't ever criticize a site sponsor, past, present, or future.  WOOOHOOO!  How to get a thread locked & make it disappear real quick.

I never said you couldn't have an opinion.

But, I will tell you that I don't think anyone should criticize any company in a public forum, until they have actually tried to contact the company and work the problem out.  After that, if you still CANNOT get any satisfaction from the said company, have at it......

Just my dos centavos.....
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 9:39:08 AM EDT
[#37]
Holy crap! I can't believe someone recommended BOTACH, the only place that has a warehouse full of stuff but is always out of stock.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 9:47:13 AM EDT
[#38]
Just drove by it an hour ago, wish I would have read this sooner. I called and waited until a MACHINE told me they were busy. I'll try later.....................
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 11:42:21 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Chris at Protac had me order stuff from there for some classes I was taking.  When he mentioned Brad by name, I decided to CALL AND ENDED UP PULLING HIS ASS OUT OF A MEETING because I wanted to talk to him, and no one else.  I needed this stuff, preferably before the tactical class.
I told him that my missing piece of the order was supposedly seen on the dock to ship twice in the past two weeks, yet it had not shipped yet.  I had waited months on backorder and finally got my order, but it was missing a strap/buckle.  Every call I made, someone assured me that they saw it on the dock and it would be shipped.  I was not pissed off about the backorder, just the incompetent people on the phone that were assuring me that the missing piece shipped.  It was still "on the dock" when I spoke to Brad.
Brad straightened it out.  He was really cool. The guy he hired to take care of this shit was doing a poor job so he cracked the whip.

Now I use Botach Tactical.  They are extremely easy to work with, they have some of the best prices out there with a low price guarantee, they have a HUGE product selection, they answer technical questions, and they call back in a reasonable amount of time if you leave a messsage or use their live help button online. Lightfighter treated me as if I *should* already know what I want and how it works, and they seemed surprised that I was a civilian.

I think I'll simply state that my experiences with Botach differed wildly from yours. There is no way I'd EVER recommend them to anyone who I didn't hate.

Lightfighter has been slow with my order on occasion, and they've had bobbles and growing pains. But... I believe they're pouring most of their effort into taking care of the troops who walk into their shops every day prepping for deployment. They do, for a fact, bust their butts to take care of deploying and deployed troops, and that gets them some slack in my book.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 11:45:57 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Now I use Botach Tactical.  They are extremely easy to work with, they have some of the best prices out there with a low price guarantee, they have a HUGE product selection, they answer technical questions, and they call back in a reasonable amount of time if you leave a messsage or use their live help button online. Lightfighter treated me as if I *should* already know what I want and how it works, and they seemed surprised that I was a civilian.

I think I'll simply state that my experiences with Botach differed wildly from yours. There is no way I'd EVER recommend them to anyone who I didn't hate.

Lightfighter has been slow with my order on occasion, and they've had bobbles and growing pains. But... I believe they're pouring most of their effort into taking care of the troops who walk into their shops every day prepping for deployment. They do, for a fact, bust their butts to take care of deploying and deployed troops, and that gets them some slack in my book.

Cutting off nose; to spite face comes to mind.

If they want a brick and mortar establishment, that's fine....I have been charged IN FULL, and have several missing items and one incorrect item shipped to me via online ordering.

Is my money different?
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 1:16:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Lightfighter NEVER has anything in stock.  Order stuff, guaranteed stuff is B.O.  

But, Brad and Co. are pretty good about canceling your order when you tell them to...after you have found it in stock somewhere else...a week after you ordered it from Lightfighter the first time and they only then told you it was B.O.  

Link Posted: 5/4/2004 1:34:36 PM EDT
[#42]

Originally Posted By doc crawford:
Would somebody from Ft Campbell go over and kick on the door and see if they are still in business. Their e-mail and phone service seems to be out. The shipping department  also seems to be out of order.  The department that charges you for an order not received seems to be working just fine.

Lightfigter is NOTORIOUS for

1 - charging your card right after the order is placed (even if it's not in stock)
2 - not letting customers know if an ordered product is in-stock
3 - not communicating with customers regarding order status/delays
4 - if you say ANYTHING questioning LF or even *slightly* negative in his forums, you get absolutely SLAMMED

Why does it all suck?  Well, I've paid for "next day shipping" only to have my stuff be shipped out a week later (surprise, no notification that it was "out of stock") and then shipped "next day" after waiting two weeks.  WTF?!  Of course, I emailed them asking where it was/status - but no reply.  After 3 days of not getting it, I emailed and asked them to change to standard shipping (to save $$) and put the difference back on my card (that they already charged).  Still no answer, and then they ship it "next day" after waiting a week.  Gee, that makes a lot of sense.  

Now, as far as LF getting hit with a worm, that's just bad business/administration on LF's part.  They need to hire a better Sys Admin if they are that dependent upon their systems being up and functional.  It can be a reason for downtime, but it's definitely no exscuse.

Bottom line about LightFighter is that they are a great company that does an absolutely HORRIBLE job of communicating with customers.  If they improved that, and didn't charge until something actually shipped, I think that 95% of the negativity and complaints about them would disappear.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 1:36:48 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

1 - charging your card right after the order is placed (even if it's not in stock)
4 - if you say ANYTHING questioning LF or even *slightly* negative in his forums, you get absolutely SLAMMED

Why does it all suck?  Well, I've paid for "next day shipping" only to have my stuff be shipped out a week later (surprise, no notification that it was "out of stock") and then shipped "next day" after waiting two weeks.  WTF?!  Of course, I emailed them asking where it was/status - but no reply.  After 3 days of not getting it, I emailed and asked them to change to standard shipping (to save $$) and put the difference back on my card (that they already charged).  Still no answer, and then they ship it "next day" after waiting a week.  Gee, that makes a lot of sense.  

Now, as far as LF getting hit with a worm, that's just bad business/administration on LF's part.  They need to hire a better Sys Admin if they are that dependent upon their systems being up and functional.  It can be a reason for downtime, but it's definitely no exscuse.

Bottom line about LightFighter is that they are a great company that does an absolutely HORRIBLE job of communicating with customers.  If they improved that, and didn't charge until something actually shipped, I think that 95% of the negativity and complaints about them would disappear.

Sounds good to me.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 1:48:03 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Here's my take on this.

1. I don't know where you're coming up with that idea.  I've NEVER heard of this from Lightfighter until this thread.  It has never happened in one of my many orders.  Botach on the other hand usually charged before shipping.

2. I can't argue this, but I'm of the opinion that the BUYER needs to use the PHONE to confirm stock.  Unless the website lists as 'In Stock' I assume that it is NOT in stock.  Pushing that magical 'checkout' button on the internet doesn't automatically send the command to a robot to start boxing your order.

3. Again, can't argue, but see #2 about calling ahead.  The folks on the phone are always good to me when I call up.

4. Well what do you expect, it's HIS board???  If I come to your home and call your wife a fat pig, I expect a fist to the jaw.  Besides, Brad is usually very diplomatic in his responses.  It is usually the customers that jump on the flamer.  You can't blame Lightfighter for the 'enthusiasm' of his loyal customers.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 1:49:17 PM EDT
[#45]
Does anyone just ask if something is in stock, when you call to order?!?!?!?

If you do, fine.

If not, why do you gripe??  If you don't care enought to ask, why does it matter, after the fact??
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 1:53:43 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

What  do you expect???  Brad's happy/satisfied customers tend to hang out there.  Usually if someone gets slammed, it's because he was an asshat.  

If it's a problem for you, I would stay away.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 2:04:50 PM EDT
[#47]
This was the last time I ordered from them.  I posted there as a last resort.  No answer to my phone calls, no answer to multiple emails, so I posted there.  It wasn't a derogatory post - it was just asking what was up with my order and if anyone else was having the same problem.  I was inundated with insults for even asking.

About calling...  what is the point of having an "online store" if I need to call them every time I want to place an order just to see if they have it?!  Why not just have an online catalog but require all orders to be called in?  Even better, it's not very difficult to update the database to include an extra field for "in-stock" with either a number of items in stock, or a simple "yes" or "no".

I've dealt with Brad a lot before he even opened a brick and mortar storefront, and had GREAT service with him.  When he opened a storefront and hired employees, that's when things too a HUGE (and noticeable) dive.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 2:45:35 PM EDT
[#48]
I've ordered some weenie gear from lightfighter in the past, with varying degrees of satisfaction.
The same could be said of anywhere I shop.
I have found it helpful to call the place I am placing the order from,
and when they tell me the item is in stock, I ask them to physically go put their hand on it.
I try to make them box the order while I'm on the phone. Sometimes places aren't too receptive to the idea of filling your order on the spot, but when they do, you know you will get what you want, and you know about backorders immediately.
I hope this helps.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 2:50:50 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Now I use Botach Tactical.  They are extremely easy to work with, they have some of the best prices out there with a low price guarantee, they have a HUGE product selection, they answer technical questions, and they call back in a reasonable amount of time if you leave a messsage or use their live help button online.  Lightfighter treated me as if I *should* already know what I want and how it works, and they seemed surprised that I was a civilian.

See above in red.  Brad straightened everything out.  I have had success since then, but I do use Botach now.  And Botach does speaks english, and they have shipped everything I have ordered within a day or two.
No problems with Botach so far.....crossing fingers...
So far Botach is in the lead in the IN-STOCK and CUSTOMER SERVICE categories, but that is my experience, and that is why we are here on this forum ----> to discuss OUR INDIVIDUAL experiences!

Link Posted: 5/4/2004 3:00:39 PM EDT
[#50]
Guys, we all know that sometimes vendors have problems and some people never have problems with the same vendors... that's just how it is. why argue it? its pointless!

Example: I've had great customer service with Colt. No, my gun didn't break-- I was missing the cleaning brushes. No problem-- a whole new accessory kit was sent to me free of charge, including 2 mags... Some people have problems with Colt. I guess it depends on who it is your working with, and if they are having a bad day. Same goes for ANY vendor.

Another example: CCA-- I bought some CAV ARMS furniture from them. Although they said it was red, they offered to refund my money since it was actually orange. It being orange, I decided to keep it anyway, I just wanted to point out it wasn't really red. Now recently, CCA seems to have some customer issues which the details are fuzzy.

Bottom line-- any vendor can have problems. Some try to avoid them, some cannot. Things happen.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top