Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/22/2012 5:00:55 PM EDT
I know the Lifeproof for the iphone 4 was fairly well thought of.

Been looking on amazon and the reviews for the lifeproof for the iphone 5 seem pretty bad.  Just curious if anybody has one and can chime in?

I have also looked at the Otterbox, Ballistic, Gumdrop, Griffin Suvivor and while they all looked to offer nice drop protection, most are unsealed in a few spots.  I'm mostly looking to keep dust out.
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 5:03:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Got the wife one month or so ago.  No problems.  She likes it.
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 5:08:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Got the wife one month or so ago.  No problems.  She likes it.

Biggest complaint on amazon seemed to be regarding the touch screen and there being a gap causing unresponsiveness with the touchscreen.  

No mention of that from her?  Thanks for the input.
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 5:11:22 PM EDT
[#3]
I have one for te 4s and I like it.
The touch screen sensitivity thing did not bug since when I first got the phone I slid it in there
Never used a iPhone prior to this so i don't know any better
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 5:11:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Look at lifeproofs  Facebook. That's all the proof you as to how bad it sucks. I've been through two...
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 11:36:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Look at lifeproofs  Facebook. That's all the proof you as to how bad it sucks. I've been through two...

The reviews there basically mimic amazon.  Guess I'll look at other options.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 2:06:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The reviews there basically mimic amazon.  Guess I'll look at other options.  Thanks.

If you want the same concept; wait for the Seido OBX.
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 2:08:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Had one for the 4s. Was great. Heard new one sucked, so settled for otter box. I work in the water treatment biz, like to have waterproof case for this 5...
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 2:10:52 PM EDT
[#8]
I had one and really did not like it.

The screen cover is shitty, poofy, and degrades the quality of the screen. $80 is a lot of money for a case, especially when insurance is not too much more.

If you care looking for drop and dust protection then there are cheaper alternatives.
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 2:11:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 2:11:43 PM EDT
[#10]
I have the Griffin Military Case for my 4 and it works fine. Makes the phone huge but it has tons of padding for drops.

Link Posted: 12/23/2012 2:20:14 PM EDT
[#11]

My son has the Griffin for his 4s and it has worked great.
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 2:24:57 PM EDT
[#12]
I have one for the iphone5 and for my needs, I like it. WTF do you expect for a water proof case? There are some compromises. Although it is expensive for what it is.I may still take it back since I have 30-days from Best Buy.
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 2:32:04 PM EDT
[#13]
I wish they would just make a hardened phone for people that do things like work; maybe they could make it a little less bulky than some of these fucking brick sized cases.

BTW I have a Lifeproof case. I haven't had it long. The screen does have a problem but you can get used to it. I hate the headset jack; it requires a special dongle; and the lightening port wont take anything except the original cord; so no things like a live dock for your car, etc. As bulky as it is I will go back to my Otter once the Lifeproof gets destroyed.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 6:49:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top