Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/4/2001 4:52:47 AM EDT
I worked my butt off lately and my company just handed me a bonus check of $500.00.... I was ready to go home to take my wife and kid out to dinner. Came home to find out that my central airconditioner is busted.  Called the Air guy to fix and when that was done, the bill is $450.00... I guess we are going to McD instead. Damn, I can use the money to buy a new toy too.
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 5:03:53 AM EDT
[#1]
be glad its just money you are talking about
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 5:06:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Dont' worry, somthing else will breakdown now-its only the truth.  Be glad you had that money to fix it!  bet it would have been tough to fix it without your bonus.
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 5:07:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Look at it this way - it's money you didn't have and it's money you didn't have to take out of the bank to fix the A/C.

Overall, you are up $50.

Glass is half full.
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 5:10:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes, life is unfair. I've had that happen too, and it SUCKS.

But its better than having the AC croak and NOT having the $$$.

However, i smell a conspiray here.

I think your AC guy found out (SOMEHOW) about your bonus. $500 bonus - $450 bill???? I smell a rat.

[:D]
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 5:10:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Amen, Brothers, just thank the Lord you had the $450.00 handy.

Eric The(Thankful)Hun
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 5:57:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 6:55:02 AM EDT
[#7]
AR_Rifle, you must be a relative of mine!

Here's how it works:

Mom and Dad hit 5 numbers on the Pick6 Lottery. Pays about $1500.  On the way to cash in their ticket they pull out of the driveway (the same driveway they've been pulling out of for over 15 years) and back into a telephone pole. Damage: about $1400.

I hit a 25 cent slot machine for $500 at Atlantic City.  Went home, put in a load of laundry, and the dryer when kablooey! New dryer: $400.

At this rate I've stopped buying lottery tickets on the theory that, if I ever hit it big, I'll get run over by a truck on the way to pick up the check.  Uh-oh! VA lotter Big Game is at $90 million!  It's been nice knowing you.
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 7:51:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Why not take that $50 and get the wife some flowers and the kid a toy before someting else breaks? Your gonna loose it one way or the other.. :)
Might as well score brownie points with the misses!

Link Posted: 5/4/2001 7:57:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Some fascinating coincidences regarding a windfall, and an unexpected expense of nearly the same amount.

God provides.
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 8:07:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Nice true story that just happened to a friend of mine just before last Christmas, he went out and bought a few, what do you call those, ticket things you scrape out and there if you have 3 same numbers you get the sum. Anyway he bought a couple of those, decided to give one to his relative. Watched beside him as the relative scraped it and there was a 100 000 FIM win. About 14200$. If it was me,I MIGHT BE A PIT PISSED OFF, he was pretty upset for a while i say.
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 8:38:44 AM EDT
[#11]
The wrongdoings you committed in the past will be paid for with your good fortunes of today.
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 9:29:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Agreed with you imbro.  That's so true.  Also good deed will be awarded with fortune of today? and in the future?
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 9:43:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Just has this was posted i told my wife No
matter what i do i will never get ahead in life
ill never be rich or wealthy! i tried so hard the get better paying jobs that every time i get
to a decent job iam eather layed off or end up
$10.95 a hour i just look at this way i have
Jesus, my AR15, and my family, and my grille(i really love to grille outdoors) iam happy. i am learning to be a machinist( CNC etc!) and i love do that so i am happy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top