Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 8/20/2017 8:39:42 PM EDT
If it weren't for the liberals in downstate NY that is...

Looking forward to hunting season soon too...got the goofy stock 6.8 deer slayer...

Link Posted: 8/20/2017 8:42:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the same exact thing here but my AR's don't have to look all retarded .
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 8:44:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Lake George?  Was up there a few weeks ago on vacation.  I love all the "Fuck the Safe Act" yard signs
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 8:45:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Actually if you made me guess what state based on those pics alone, I would have said IN.  I know nothing about your state, didn't know it looked like that, figured it was all city and subs.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 8:47:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Attachment Attached File

Uhm, yeah it is
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 8:48:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Actually if you made me guess what state based on those pics alone, I would have said IN.  I know nothing about your state, didn't know it looked like that, figured it was all city and subs.
View Quote
The Adirondacks are awesome.

Upstate NY is beautiful country, and has a lot of good people, unfortunately the cities in the lower part (especially the SE corner) fuck things up for everyone.

Having said that, I haven't been there since the SAFE Act passed, and have no plans to.

ETA: And if I would have had to guess without knowing what state it was already, I would have have guessed Central/West PA aka Pennsyltucky, which is Best PA. Those pics look a lot like much of the landscape around here.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 8:48:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Very pretty
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 8:50:08 PM EDT
[#7]
I've lived in various parts of upstate NY. I really dislike the term upstate NY, but prefer to be more specific like central NY, northern NY, western NY, Capital region, Adirondacks, Catskills, etc.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 8:50:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Just got back thursday from lake george. We camp at Adirondack camping village every year. Dog wasnt happy after he tried to eat a porcupine. Spent tuesday at the vet in saratoga springs getting the quills removed.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 8:51:40 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't believe you 
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 8:52:15 PM EDT
[#10]
I miss Canandaigua Lake in the summer.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 8:52:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Lake George?  Was up there a few weeks ago on vacation.  I love all the "Fuck the Safe Act" yard signs
View Quote
Finger lakes region. Canandaigua lake.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 8:53:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 8:54:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I miss Canandaigua Lake in the summer.
View Quote
Ha you guessed it.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 8:57:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
That's a common mistake. You need to see the real Upstate, not stuff South of Westchester County
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 9:01:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
Cows out number people in my county by a hefty margin.

We also have the Adirondack State Park and loads of public access hunting land. In my immediate area there is over 20,000 acres of public hunting land, I'm talking just a few minutes in any direction.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 9:02:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Lake George last week m'self. Well...5 days driving down to SS to watch the ponies, but went enjoyed the weather. Everyone asked where we were from. When we said "Ft Myers", it was "OMG, my parents live down there"......

Nooooooo shit.

We loved the area! Nice folks, track didn't beat us up too bad, weather was great. Martha's Creamery was the shit.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 9:03:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Lake George last week m'self. Well...5 days driving down to SS to watch the ponies, but went enjoyed the weather. Everyone asked where we were from. When we said "Ft Myers", it was "OMG, my parents live down there"......

Nooooooo shit.

We loved the area! Nice folks, track didn't beat us up too bad, weather was great. Martha's Creamery was the shit.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 9:06:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 9:07:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I've lived in various parts of upstate NY. I really dislike the term upstate NY, but prefer to be more specific like central NY, northern NY, western NY, Capital region, Adirondacks, Catskills, etc.
View Quote
Upstate is where the prisons are. 
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 9:09:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Are there any NYS politicians who haven't committed felonies?  Grew up in farm country outside rochester.  Trapped, snowmobiled, shot woodchucks off the back porch, chickens in the backyard.  That was a long time ago, before freedom and the Constitution died in that state.  I hate NYS and its rulers.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 9:13:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Upstate has a lot to recommend.
Lived in Albany-Schenectady-Troy for a couple years a long time ago.
Use to bicycle from Albany to Saratoga Springs and back on
the weekends. Two hours, or less, from NYC.
A couple hours from Lake Placid where the Olympic winter training
facility is located.
Got invited to take a run on the mile long bobsled course
with the USA Olympic team....Broke my nose. My buddy bruised his kidney. Good times.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 9:13:52 PM EDT
[#22]
I love the region, but hate the state.

I will miss it when I move to a free state.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 9:16:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Still no.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 9:19:11 PM EDT
[#24]
My God, it's just like Kansas, except for the freedom thing.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 9:19:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Savage as fuck. Fuck Cumhole and the unsafe act.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 9:24:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 9:25:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 9:26:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote
Really .  You thought the entirety of the massive state that is NY is all cities.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 9:33:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was going to ask, because that looks very much so like the neighbor's dock on Cayuga.

Freaking LOVE the area, but hate I have never been able to bring most of my guns to use on the family property.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 9:33:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Life in NY has its moments.

Link Posted: 8/20/2017 9:48:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Just got back thursday from lake george. We camp at Adirondack camping village every year. Dog wasnt happy after he tried to eat a porcupine. Spent tuesday at the vet in saratoga springs getting the quills removed.
View Quote
I made it my mission when I was a lot younger to be the leading cause of the extinction of the porcupine west of Mad River. I tried to get out on snowshoes at least two or three days a week and hunt them down. My best day was seven. I never even came close. After all those many years there seemed to be more than when I started.

They say after man is gone from this earth the coyote will remain. He will have a porcupine for company.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 9:53:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Amen
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 9:55:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Is that possibly a view from the thruway?
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 10:09:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Upstate NY is beautiful, and huge. It is bigger than CT, VT, MA, NH & RI combined. You'd have to then add a good part of Maine to equal the size of NYS.

Think about that for a second. It'd be interesting to see what happens if they ever split NY up.

Also, fuck NYC!
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 10:22:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 10:24:28 PM EDT
[#36]
I was up there a few months ago. Nice countryside inhabited by too many liberals
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 10:27:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 10:28:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Seneca was my favorite lake.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 10:33:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Yeah we have laws against siblings fucking. oh gun laws, ah
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wouldn't be so sure of that.  

I've met my son-in-law's family.  
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 10:39:56 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Are there any NYS politicians who haven't committed felonies?  Grew up in farm country outside rochester.  Trapped, snowmobiled, shot woodchucks off the back porch, chickens in the backyard.  That was a long time ago, before freedom and the Constitution died in that state.  I hate NYS and its rulers.
View Quote
Same here but in Washington county. Miss it sometimes but the place is so screwed up by politicians that I refuse to even go there.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 10:40:36 PM EDT
[#41]
I worked in up state NY a couple years ago. Im going to be going back up there in a month or so, most likely stay for a year maby 2. My family and i loved it, just hate the laws.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 10:43:51 PM EDT
[#42]
i was up in the plattsburgh area last month. i left a pic for the penguin that i was sure he would recognize. i went to high school with the older son of the owner of that gun shop.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 10:45:40 PM EDT
[#43]
I grew up near Seneca Lake but NY is now just a fond memory.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 10:46:58 PM EDT
[#44]
West Virginia is still home to me and it has no safe act BS and constitutional carry..

Link Posted: 8/20/2017 10:48:38 PM EDT
[#45]
I'd love to see that part of the country someday. Beautiful pics, OP.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 10:50:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 10:52:59 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There's a few more laws than that, don't be disingenuous. I mean, you guys can't even have a trailer hitch in the receiver without a trailer attached and not get pulled over. It's still beautiful country, and the cities have a lot of history that intrigue me.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 10:55:25 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Upstate NY is beautiful, and huge. It is bigger than CT, VT, MA, NH & RI combined. You'd have to then add a good part of Maine to equal the size of NYS.

Think about that for a second. It'd be interesting to see what happens if they ever split NY up.

Also, fuck NYC!
View Quote
That's not saying much as those states aren't shit.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 10:56:49 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 11:00:57 PM EDT
[#50]
my son was at Ft Drum and we drove out from MN many times. Very nice up there, we fished on the St Lawrence and a couple smaller lakes, the state parks were awesome. That said, MN is as liberal as I can tolerate and NY has us beat handily
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top