Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 4/28/2009 10:15:21 PM EDT
I am building a F-16 flight simulator (as detailed here: http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=147&t=858274). I need help locating parts for the ACES II Seat - I am recieving a CNCed replica made of MDF here soon. I am trying to locate seat cushions, parachute containers, lap belt, parachute risers, emergency oxy bottle, and any other little odds and ends. (Like the belts that attach the survival kit to the pilot's harness.) It is important to me to get the seat as accurate as possible due to it being the first thing people see - eventually I would like to take this to trade shows and airshows and show it. Thanks for any help or direction anyone can give me!

John
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 4:22:42 PM EDT
I have seen entire ejection seats (Martin Bakers) from old F-4 Phantoms and B-52 Stratofortress bombers for sale on e-Bay before.

I don't know where you would find something more modern like an ACES II, but if you are willing to accept a "substitute" then like I said the older ones can be found if you keep poking around.

(My pride and joy is a combined airspeed, Mach meter, and G meter from an F-105 Thunderchief made by Bendix.  I keep it on my bookshelf).
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 6:00:50 PM EDT

Originally Posted By omega62:

I have seen entire ejection seats (Martin Bakers) from old F-4 Phantoms and B-52 Stratofortress bombers for sale on e-Bay before.

I don't know where you would find something more modern like an ACES II, but if you are willing to accept a "substitute" then like I said the older ones can be found if you keep poking around.

(My pride and joy is a combined airspeed, Mach meter, and G meter from an F-105 Thunderchief made by Bendix.  I keep it on my bookshelf).

Accept no substitutes.

Top Top