Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/25/2016 6:55:20 PM EDT
I need expert advice.

Ok, so here's the thing: I bought into a previous employer's GVUL plan since the coverage was so cheap and I didn't have to contribute anything to the "investment" portion. Signed up for child coverage, but my wife put off filling out the form for spouse coverage until it was too late. So, just me and the kids are covered.

Then, I quit, leaving for a company that didn't have any life insurance benefits for their employees. I took my GVUL with me, paying the "standard" rate (~100 bucks a month for $600k coverage).

Now, I've switched jobs again. The new company has GUL benefits for their employees, with the same company that my policy is with (MetLife). Now I'm confused as to what to do.

Can you merge policies? What are my options? The customer rep on the phone at MetLife was from Mumbai, and sounded like he had the mumbles too.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 10:44:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Nobody?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 10:56:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nobody?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

You should look into coverage outside your employer sponsored plan. I don't know anything about you (age, risk, etc), but I just recently got $2MM on a 20-year term for well under that per month (I'm nearly 40, but got the best rate possible because of my lack of medical problems and history). Many (not all) of the employer sponsored plans rope you in with shorter terms that make it sound better than it is. Find an independent agent and do some legwork to shop your coverage.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top