Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/5/2008 4:07:15 PM EDT
I wonder if Joe will get the nod to be VP.

Lieberman leads new pro-McCain group
Posted by Foon Rhee, deputy national political editor June 5, 2008 03:19 PM
Former Democrat Joe Lieberman today launched a new bipartisan grassroots group to build support for presumptive Republican presidential nominee John McCain.

In the solicitation for "Citizens for McCain," Lieberman, now an independent US senator from Connecticut, notes that he caucuses with Democrats in the Senate and was the Democratic vice presidential nominee in 2000.

"But first and foremost, I am an American," writes Lieberman, who has been one of McCain's most active surrogates. "I have an obligation to do what I think is best for our nation regardless of political party. My love for this country and strong belief in John McCain's character, judgment, and willingness to work with leaders of both parties has convinced me to support him for President."

Besides vouching for McCain in the message, Lieberman reaches out to disaffected Democrats, particularly supporters of Hillary Clinton, quoting McCain's praise for her.

"Senator Clinton has earned great respect for her tenacity and courage," McCain said Tuesday night, just before Barack Obama made his victory speech as the presumptive Democratic nominee. "The media often overlooked how compassionately she spoke to the concerns and dreams of millions of Americans, and she deserves a lot more appreciation than she sometimes received. As the father of three daughters, I owe her a debt for inspiring millions of women to believe there is no opportunity in this great country beyond their reach. I am proud to call her my friend."

http://www.boston.com/news/politics/politicalintelligence/2008/06/lieberman_leads.html
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 4:08:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Lieberman would be a fairly solid choice for VP for McCain. I could see it happening.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 4:11:04 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Lieberman would be a fairly solid choice for VP for McCain. I could see it happening.

It would be a tough duo to beat in the general election by any opposition..
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 4:11:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I would rather see a strong conservative, but I would not be upset with Lieberman.

Anything that keeps that commie pinko neo-fascist fuck Hussein out works for me.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 4:13:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Although I respect Lieberman for sticking to his guns, he is still a Liberal.  The only reason he is not a Democrat anymore is because they left him, he did not leave them.  So I would not be happy if McCain chose Lieberman, even though I do think it would draw more votes.  

On the other hand what power does the VP really have?  Chaney is really the only VP that has had a lot of influence (Al Gore didn't have a lot of influence until he ran for president and started his glo-bull warming campaign).
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 4:14:50 PM EDT
[#5]
I do not want to see Lieberman as VP, but I welcome the prospect of him helping steal votes out from under the Democrats.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 4:16:24 PM EDT
[#6]
How is Lieberman on guns?
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 4:16:31 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I would rather see a strong conservative, but I would not be upset with Lieberman.

Anything that keeps that commie pink neo-fascist fuck Hussein out works for me.

Yup; I quit hoping for a conservative dream ticket a long time ago, I'll settle for anyone McCain chooses as a running mate who will help keep that communist bastard Obama out of the White House.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 4:19:10 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

He likes guns. Your guns.

He likes them so much he wants to take them.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 4:23:04 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He likes guns. Your guns.

He likes them so much he wants to take them.

yup, we got us a dream ticket all right...
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 4:23:24 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Slightly to the left of Feinstein.

Seriously, Leiberman is a liberal Democrat, the only reason he occasionally seems moderate is because he's a huge supporter of the nation of Israel and that influences his position on the war.

More so than the best interests of this nation.

He isn't part of any dream ticket, he's a F'n nightmarefor the future of the GOP.

Then again, so is McCain.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 4:24:37 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I do not want to see Lieberman as VP, but I welcome the prospect of him helping steal votes out from under the Democrats.

Thats the way I see it too.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 4:26:17 PM EDT
[#12]
See sig line below.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 4:34:45 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It would be a tough duo to beat in the general election by any opposition..

I agree.  

I disagree with Lieberman on many issues, but I respect the man.  I am completely willing to vote for someone I disagree with, but respect.  

Same with McCain.

I have no respect for Obama.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top