Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 10/6/2005 1:59:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/6/2005 9:35:31 PM EDT by napalm]
Anyone know a good place to get at least 500 plastic license plate frames custom printed with a logo and motto?
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 2:02:01 PM EDT
Tag.

I bought one of those make-it-yourself license plate frames from Target. You can change the logo many times.

For now it says:

"Freedom!!" across the top.

"Molon Labe" across the bottom.

There's probably way cheaper ways than that.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 9:35:07 PM EDT
bumpity-bump

Hive mind stumped?
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 9:37:50 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 9:38:42 PM EDT
Just a few I found on <kinnison>GOOGLE</kinnison>

http://www.westcoastengraving.com/

http://www.betadesigns.com/products/licenseframes/?af_id=27&from=google&kw=custom+license+plate+frame-ex
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 9:40:02 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 5:00:29 AM EDT
Yeah.... Google. I think I've heard of it.

Too bad the last few companies I've found through Google to do shit like this have all been staffed by fuckheads.

I'd rather take recommendations from people that have used some of these places than do the Google crapshoot.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 5:16:11 AM EDT
Any sign company that screen prints onto vinyl (political signs, yard signs, realtor signs, etc...) should be able to do it.

Anyone with a pad printer should be able to do it. This includes people who do custom pens, etc...
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 5:31:35 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 11:08:32 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Gloftoe:

Originally Posted By napalm:
Yeah.... Google. I think I've heard of it.

Too bad the last few companies I've found through Google to do shit like this have all been staffed by fuckheads.

I'd rather take recommendations from people that have used some of these places than do the Google crapshoot.

I think we're just giving you hell, man. Don't take too much offense!

None taken... I'm just hanked off that I got stuck doing this in the first place. This is waaaaaaaay outside of my department or job duties, so now I have to play middleman to what they want (they're still not sure) and what the supplier can give us.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 11:10:52 AM EDT
Call the local college bookstore, frat house, car dealership, etc, etc.

Shouldn't be to hard to find someone that does this stuff.

Link Posted: 10/7/2005 11:11:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/7/2005 11:12:08 AM EDT by mjrowley]

Originally Posted By The_Macallan:
Tag.

I bought one of those make-it-yourself license plate frames from Target. You can change the logo many times.

For now it says:

DMGNUT has a place he gets the DMG plate's made up. I forget where he gets them from.

Dont you have a DMG plate ?

Link Posted: 10/7/2005 11:11:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/7/2005 11:13:34 AM EDT by arowneragain]

Originally Posted By napalm:I'm just hanked off that I got stuck doing this in the first place. This is waaaaaaaay outside of my department or job duties, so now I have to play middleman to what they want (they're still not sure) and what the supplier can give us.

Personally, I LOVE when I'm asked to do some oddball task.

Sometimes 'different' is good......

edit:

Send an IM to DVDTracker. He probably knows how to get this type of stuff done.....
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 11:25:36 AM EDT
I just got off of the phone with Bama Jammer in Huntsville Al. 500, one color, 2 hole, flat bottom @ about $1-$1.50 each plus about $40-$50 setup fee. 13# per hundred shipped from Huntsville. They are proofed before shipment. I will forward you the email quote if you want me to.

"Hive mind is dead", my ass!
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 11:27:34 AM EDT
Don't get one!!! Even if it says "Central City Dodge" some cops will cite you for "obscured license plate".
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 11:32:47 AM EDT

Originally Posted By mjrowley:

Tag.

For now it says:

DMGNUT has a place he gets the DMG plate's made up. I forget where he gets them from.

LOL!

Not yet!

Although I can handle the "D" part fine, I guess ya' gotta actually have MGs to be in that club.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 1:35:08 PM EDT

Tag.

For now it says:

LOL!

Not yet!

Although I can handle the "D" part fine, I guess ya' gotta actually have MGs to be in that club.

I'm just a wannabe. I don't drink and don't have any machine guns.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 2:30:42 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Pangea:
I just got off of the phone with Bama Jammer in Huntsville Al. 500, one color, 2 hole, flat bottom @ about $1-$1.50 each plus about $40-$50 setup fee. 13# per hundred shipped from Huntsville. They are proofed before shipment. I will forward you the email quote if you want me to.

I'll take it.

napalm101 <AT> gmail.com
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 6:44:52 PM EDT
email sent. Good luck.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 8:55:13 PM EDT

I'll take it.

napalm101 <AT> gmail.com

what are you going have the plates say?
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 9:03:41 PM EDT
Have you considered sending GoatBoy a message and ask him who made the AR15.COM license plate frames?
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 11:10:20 PM EDT

I'll take it.

napalm101 <AT> gmail.com

what are you going have the plates say?

Can't say. OPSEC.

They'll have my employer's logo/motto on it and I don't want to be associated with it here for various reasons.
Top Top