Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 8/21/2017 2:12:47 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 2:18:08 AM EDT
[#1]
I didnt know Liberty had a Gender/Racial Studies program.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 2:21:23 AM EDT
[#2]
They went to LIBERTY UNIVERSITY... what would they have expected?

It's a Baptist university founded less than fifty years ago.

DERP
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 2:22:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

DERP
View Quote
why not go to a muslim one instead?
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 2:23:33 AM EDT
[#4]
You're going to hurt yourself because of someone else's political stance?

Go right ahead.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 2:23:46 AM EDT
[#5]
JFC, when Falwell followers are libtards, what's left?
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 2:29:26 AM EDT
[#6]
I didn't realize it was a real school since they teach dinosaurs cohabitated with man.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 2:29:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Have fun, you paid for that degree and now you are ready to turn it back in?

The left is really as stupid as we thought they were.

Welcome to McDonald's and May I take your order!

Link Posted: 8/21/2017 2:34:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Liberty has always been a conservative college.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 2:38:32 AM EDT
[#9]
I can get on board with their decision. Go ahead return those degrees, they probably didnt earn them anyways.

Dumbfucks
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 2:38:50 AM EDT
[#10]
I actually live less than 5 mins from LU, and frankly it's a non issue. In fact when I went out shooting today at the local range, I saw a group from Liberty that were teaching some Asian friends how to shoot and they were all Liberty students one of whom was wearing a "proud deplorable"shirt. Liberty really got the vote out in November according to my wife who worked the polls. The fraction of student's bitching are beyond a small minority, and while they may be sending the diploma back, I guarantee you that when it comes to applying for a job they won't hesitate to claim that degree.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 2:42:42 AM EDT
[#11]
More symbolic bullshit from the left, founders of the Facebook profile pic skins instead of actually supporting a cause.  

Turn that diploma back in,....nobody cares
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 3:24:01 AM EDT
[#12]
*shrug* Go for it, bro. I'm sure someone in the mailroom has a fire pit in their yard, that diploma paper will make a mighty fine kindling igniter.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 3:26:03 AM EDT
[#13]
200 out of 90,000
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 3:43:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I actually live less than 5 mins from LU, and frankly it's a non issue. In fact when I went out shooting today at the local range, I saw a group from Liberty that were teaching some Asian friends how to shoot and they were all Liberty students one of whom was wearing a "proud deplorable"shirt. Liberty really got the vote out in November according to my wife who worked the polls. The fraction of student's bitching are beyond a small minority, and while they may be sending the diploma back, I guarantee you that when it comes to applying for a job they won't hesitate to claim that degree.
View Quote
I remember when it was Liberty Baptist College located in the building behind Thomas Road Baptist Church. I can hardly wait until they get the range opened.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 4:28:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
200 out of 90,000
View Quote
and that's assuming those 200 actually hold degrees from Liberty U and aren't just bullshitting.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 4:34:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Liberty has always been a conservative college.
View Quote
Trump is far from being a Christian, quite proud of his misdeeds.
Falwell's obsession with Trump will damage that school's mission.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 4:42:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Is it even possible for the value of a Liberty University degree to decrease?
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 4:48:56 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
JFC, when Falwell followers are libtards, what's left?
View Quote
Guaranteed it's a certain triggered demographic, along with some feminists and a few cucks. Non story. 
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 5:07:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Trump is far from being a Christian, quite proud of his misdeeds.
Falwell's obsession with Trump will damage that school's mission.
View Quote
Trump certainly has been proud of that and wrote about it, perhaps he's changed some.  He had fame, fortune and power.  Why put yourself out to be the most abused POTUS ever, unless you were committed to something greater than yourself? I don't know Trump's spiritual beliefs, but he needed support from the religious right.  Maybe Falwell Jr focused on the political importance.  ETA:  LU's mission seems to be steam rolling and being less attractive to butthurt attention whores is a good thing.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 5:13:44 AM EDT
[#20]
The University should keep the degree.   Then when they inevitably ask for them back down the road, charge them four years of tuition to get them back
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 5:56:43 AM EDT
[#21]
In this thread we see who is Anti Christian and/or anti theist.  

So much so, that rather then mock the 200 whiny crybabies that don't line up at all with their ideology.  

They would rather get their digs in at those silly believers in a creator, who mostly agree with their ideology.

This is why the left is so powerful, they support each other even with differences in ideology.

Not so much on the right.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 6:02:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Kudos to you Jerry. I am proud of my LU degree and I will be keeping it!
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 6:17:34 AM EDT
[#23]
lol fucking nevertrumpers

*post meme here*
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 6:22:40 AM EDT
[#24]
Cut off nose to spite one's face.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 6:24:52 AM EDT
[#25]
meh
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 6:26:24 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Kudos to you Jerry. I am proud of my LU degree and I will be keeping it!
View Quote
Question, Did you like Lynchburg and our fucked up road system or the fact that all of the stores in the immediate area of Liberty with the exception of Walmart closes at 9:00pm? lol  
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 6:29:03 AM EDT
[#27]
Yeah, no one give a rip if they "return their degrees".

I'm not even sure what happened to my paper degree from college...probably ended up in the trash during one of the half dozen times I moved in my 20s...no employer cares. Right out of college a company MIGHT ask for an official copy of your college transcript (which is sent to them directly by the school), but once you have a couple years experience no one checks if your degree is real.

They're more than welcome to return them; no one cares.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 6:34:21 AM EDT
[#28]
I'm ok with this
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 7:00:37 AM EDT
[#29]
The university should turn the tables and REQUEST they return the diploma's for displaying signs of permanent stupidity i.e. liberal democrat.

Tell them "We don't want your dumb ass going around telling people you went to school here because it seems you didn't really learn a thing."
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 7:03:57 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
200 out of 90,000
View Quote
 What's that like 0.0022%
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 7:07:54 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Question, Did you like Lynchburg and our fucked up road system or the fact that all of the stores in the immediate area of Liberty with the exception of Walmart closes at 9:00pm? lol  
View Quote
LU Online I did go to campus for Commencement and I could tell the road set up was
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 7:08:56 AM EDT
[#32]
boldstrategycotton.jpg
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 7:11:09 AM EDT
[#33]
Damn, that's going to be a lot of engineers and business people without degrees
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 7:11:22 AM EDT
[#34]
No one takes degrees from there seriously anyways. 
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 7:19:02 AM EDT
[#35]
A Facebook post, you say?

Giving back your degrees, you say?

Link Posted: 8/21/2017 7:29:13 AM EDT
[#36]
They are covering their miserable butts.  If someone criticizes their alma mater, they can say they "returned" their degrees.

If they don't, they will likely STFU.

Can't return a degree.  My was earned and granted prior to graduation.  The ceremony is just that.  It doesn't change anything.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 7:31:30 AM EDT
[#37]
The only thing President Trump has done is held up to the Rule of Law. The Alt-Left has not.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 7:32:28 AM EDT
[#38]
So, a.) they don't support free & diverse speech/opinions and want to force silence on people, and
b.) they want to express their anger by threatening to do something that only hurts themselves and makes them look stupid...

Man, Leftism makes people duuuuumb.

You can't return a degree any more than you can change your gender.  You either successfully completed the required credits and had the degree conferred on you, or you didn't.  Sure, the school can post-pone or revoke it for reasons, but not the student.  But here is a scary thought and not too far off; schools could start trying to revoke degrees or kick out students for vocalizing their political support for the Right. Yikes.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 7:34:45 AM EDT
[#39]
Lol, what losers.

It's impossible to return an earned degree.

These people are moronic.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 7:37:14 AM EDT
[#40]
So then no degree but all the college bills. Go for it.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 7:42:01 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
No one takes degrees from their seriously anyways. 
View Quote
Tell us more about how great the university you went to was.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 7:44:15 AM EDT
[#42]
Will they remove mention of having a college degree from their resume's?  

Of course they won't.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 7:49:49 AM EDT
[#43]
Wow a whole 200 alumni? Im Sure he's scared
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 7:56:54 AM EDT
[#44]
NPR had a segment on this today, they focused on how evil President Trump is of course.  Mentioned how divisive he is without actually giving the quote they base it on.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 7:57:46 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

DERP
View Quote
This right here. Isn't this an ultra-conservative school?
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:06:29 AM EDT
[#46]
John Kerry threw his medals over the white house fence..
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:08:57 AM EDT
[#47]
Doesn't suprise me at all.  If I remember correctly, they had students there campaigning for Hillary and Sanders last year.  You can always find people that are members of any institution who go against the flow.  Falwell, Jr. should welcome them to mail their degrees back to him if it makes them feel better.  He should also advise them to burn them instead to save on postage.  One last good bit of econimic education he offers for free.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:13:46 AM EDT
[#48]
Go for it, too bad you can't give back the student loans also.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:19:36 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:29:33 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote
LU has its lovers and haters, but they are an economic powerhouse for Lynchburg. Returning their degrees only hurt them, Jerry Jr has already got their money and is probably laughing his ass off at their stupidity.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top