Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2004 5:09:14 PM EST

Have you ever removed the inside panel on the door? How's it done? Been screwing around with it for a little while and am afraid will break something. Any ideas on how to get the panel off? Thinking of replacing combo with a digital and wanted to take a look to guesstimate level of difficulty. TIA for any help!
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:52:55 PM EST
Figured it out. Never mind!
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:55:08 PM EST
The dial is elegant, but digital is ahell of a lot faster!
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:46:05 PM EST
Thats the ticket! Exactly why I'm thinking of this conversion. Doesn't look too difficult after getting the cover off either.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:11:57 AM EST
Can you share how you got the panel off please? Thanx.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:13:02 AM EST
Doesn't it simply unscrew from the inside?
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:19:15 AM EST
Mine has two plastic button caps. Remove them, and there are two screws. Unscrew the screws, then LIFT the panel, and pull it out. It's a sheet steel panel, covered with padding and felt.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 12:14:19 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/8/2004 12:15:12 PM EST by Kihn]
Mine only had a single button screw on bottom left corner of door (as you look at the door after opening it) that had missed because of lighting and limited opening of door because of location. It is made of a decent heft of sheet metal with the hooks welded on and the sheet metal is covered in vinyl/ naugahide (sp?). Was trying to pop them off thinking they were press in type fasteners. After you take screw out just lift from bottom. Got my safe in 94 and have heard they did a redesign (mine has ten bolts) but am definitely impressed with construction of this safe still.
Top Top