Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/30/2015 5:39:33 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:47:38 PM EDT
Great Scott...
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:48:58 PM EDT
Now Nike just needs to make the shoes...
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:51:00 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TheCanuck:
Now Nike just needs to make the shoes...
View Quote

i think they are coming out this year.

http://www.businessinsider.com/back-to-the-future-nike-mag-with-power-laces-to-launch-in-2015-2015-1
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:51:48 PM EDT
Doesn't superconducting mean superconductor magnets? meaning you need a steel surface to glide over? or worse an opposite polarity magnet to hover over...
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:56:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/30/2015 6:57:36 PM EDT by ChrisGarrett]
I think it just hovers and you're supposed to make 'whooshing noises' while standing on it.

Chris
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:58:44 PM EDT
Originally Posted By ChrisGarrett:
I think it just hovers and you're supposed to make 'whooshing noises' while standing on it.

Chris
View Quote

Would
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:03:28 PM EDT

Chris
View Quote

I find it interesting the video for it doesn't show it in use. In fact, if you notice, when the guy puts his foot on it at the end it looks like he's being careful not to put too much weight on it. Wonder how long the cryo lasts?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:11:59 PM EDT
Originally Posted By XD_Fan:

I find it interesting the video for it doesn't show it in use. In fact, if you notice, when the guy puts his foot on it at the end it looks like he's being careful not to put too much weight on it. Wonder how long the cryo lasts?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Chris

Why does everything good gave to be bullshit. For once can't something be awesome without tricks and lies! Screw you Lexus and your fake hoverboard! You smell like moldy dog shit rolled in burnt hair.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:12:51 PM EDT

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Chris

Probably not very long, but its an interesting proof of concept. I suspect as superconductor materials and technologies advance we will have vehicles that levitate as well.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:13:24 PM EDT
No power?

No good over water.

You need power.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:15:21 PM EDT
Originally Posted By 1Andy2:
No power?

No good over water.

You need power.
View Quote

You're better off with a regular old skateboard, IMO.

Chris
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:15:44 PM EDT
Temp of board is probably -140. lol
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:16:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/30/2015 7:17:14 PM EDT by FlyingGorilla]
Originally Posted By 1Andy2:
No power?

No good over water.

You need power.
View Quote

Move up from just a hoverboard to a PITBULL.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:17:45 PM EDT

Not really new. They have been doing this sort of thing for years. It still needs a special magnetic surface to work. It isn't just regular concrete they used.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:26:52 PM EDT
I won't believe it until Tony Hawk endorses it.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:31:53 PM EDT
Gimmick.

Top Top