BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:47:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Great Scott...
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:48:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Now Nike just needs to make the shoes...
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:51:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Now Nike just needs to make the shoes...
View Quote

i think they are coming out this year.

http://www.businessinsider.com/back-to-the-future-nike-mag-with-power-laces-to-launch-in-2015-2015-1
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:51:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Doesn't superconducting mean superconductor magnets? meaning you need a steel surface to glide over? or worse an opposite polarity magnet to hover over...
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:56:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I think it just hovers and you're supposed to make 'whooshing noises' while standing on it.

Chris
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:58:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I think it just hovers and you're supposed to make 'whooshing noises' while standing on it.

Chris
View Quote

Would
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:03:28 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Chris
View Quote

I find it interesting the video for it doesn't show it in use. In fact, if you notice, when the guy puts his foot on it at the end it looks like he's being careful not to put too much weight on it. Wonder how long the cryo lasts?

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:11:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I find it interesting the video for it doesn't show it in use. In fact, if you notice, when the guy puts his foot on it at the end it looks like he's being careful not to put too much weight on it. Wonder how long the cryo lasts?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Chris

Why does everything good gave to be bullshit. For once can't something be awesome without tricks and lies! Screw you Lexus and your fake hoverboard! You smell like moldy dog shit rolled in burnt hair.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:12:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Chris

Probably not very long, but its an interesting proof of concept.  I suspect as superconductor materials and technologies advance we will have vehicles that levitate as well.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:13:24 PM EDT
[#10]
No power?

No good over water.

You need power.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:15:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
No power?

No good over water.

You need power.
View Quote

You're better off with a regular old skateboard, IMO.

Chris
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:15:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Temp of board is probably -140. lol
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:16:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
No power?

No good over water.

You need power.  
View Quote

Move up from just a hoverboard to a PITBULL.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:17:45 PM EDT
[#14]

Not really new. They have been doing this sort of thing for years. It still needs a special magnetic surface to work. It isn't just regular concrete they used.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:26:52 PM EDT
[#15]
I won't believe it until Tony Hawk endorses it.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:31:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Gimmick.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top