User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2004 3:44:05 PM EDT
anyone had any experience with them?

looks kinda cool
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 3:54:50 PM EDT
[#1]
LHD,

Go to the "Sights and Optics" forum and post this question.

In short, the guys here have a lot of CQB experience with sight systems but I have never heard of the Leupold being a preferred system.  In most cases, we all seemt to come down to Aimpoint, ACOG or EOTECH.

I chose the COMP ML2 becasue of the price.  Had I been able to afford it I would have gotten the ACOG.  However, I do not regret getting the Aimpoint.  It's been a great sight.

CMOS
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 4:00:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Will do.

The reason I ask about the Leupold is I have the opportunity to get one for about half price.  If its not a smoking pile of crap I'll have to jump on it.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 4:00:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 6:23:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Leupold CQ/T = Disappointment of the century.

I know the century is young, but the CQ/T has earned the title thus far.  It was VERY HIGHLY anticipated, but when it arrived, was underwelming.  Big, bulking and cheap looking.  

EOTech is smaller, better and less $$$

My two cents.

Quoted:
anyone had any experience with them?

[url=http://www.leupold.com/products/tactical_products/Mark_4_CQT_1-3x14mm.htm]looks kinda cool[/url]
View Quote
View Quote

I know an instructor for the USBP that evaluated them. He agreed with you, they were not that good.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 6:54:56 PM EDT
[#5]
i had one on my AR for over a year and i thought it was fine. yeah it is a bit bulky, the aimpoints and acogs are smaller, but the leupold does have the variable magnification plus illuminated retical. and you don't have to turn the thing on to use the optic, a big advantage. it kinda takes the best of both worlds - 4X magnification of acog and illuminated reticle of aimpoint - and puts them into a single variable package. however, i ended up selling it to a friend of mine and replaced it with an acog NSN 01. i miss the zero magnification simplicity, but i do like the smaller size and tritium reticle of the acog.

bottom line, if you can pick this up for less than $400, it's a steal.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top