Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 12/10/2003 9:03:34 AM EDT
Come on Bill...

Bazookas and Machine Guns...You know I agree with you most of the time...I applaud your standing up for the Constitution and taking the stances you do...but JEEZ Bill...you've really shown your ignorance on this one...Exactly what part of the 2nd Amendment of the US Constitution dont you understand?

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed. "

Now some people state the Militia is the NATIONAL GUARD...the National Guards WERE NOT FORMED when this was written...the militia was recognised as those able bodied men between the ages of 17 and 40 as memory serves me...that meant me and you and any legal citizen...

What part of SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED do you not understand Bill?

The Assault Weapons Ban HAS NOT MADE YOU SAFER, only an infinitessimal amount of crimes are commited by these weapons...it has not taken guns off the street...I can still buy an AR15 (semi automatic version of the M16) for around $650.00...it just doesnt have the Evil Features (flash suppressor, Bayonet lug, Collapsible stock) that caused Mrs Feinstien and Mr Schumer to wet their liberal pants...it still does the same thing as the old Pre-Ban AR15...fires the same bullets, holds as many rounds as the old ones do...it just drove the price of the older Pre-Ban guns thru the roof...$1500-$2000...they are still available...still out there only much more expensive...The AWB has done nothing to make any of us safer...when you live in the country or in the city without the security systems I'm sure your income and stature provides its reassuring that you know if the boogyman kicks in your door as happens every single day here in this country that you have the means to defend yourself and your family...

Think back the Rodney King Riots in LA...store owners were forced to defend thier property because the cops couldnt and wouldnt...they did it with these types of rifles...

Think about Iraq...My government has seen fit to allow a Flat tax of 15% and allow a Fully Automatic Machine Gun (AK47) and 1000 Rounds of Ammunition in each home for its defense...Whats wrong with this picture...

Next time you want to espouse...please do so from an informed position...referring to the AWB as keeping Bazookas and Machine guns out of your neighborhoods only serves to show your ignorance...

R/S

****** Beach
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 9:10:51 AM EDT
If you havent sent it yet you may want to add that MGs and DDs are rgulated under a different law and mention what that law is. other wise you don't help educate him yer just bitching and not adding anything
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 9:43:03 AM EDT
If you watch O'Reilly, you know it will never get on the air. It needs to be short and pithy. And don't forget: NAME and TOWN!
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 1:47:18 PM EDT
yeah thats too techincal.
Top Top