Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 12/14/2003 11:36:09 AM EDT
i have no idea about any aspect of suppressors but im intrigued..........

school me

do you have one?
pics if yes!!!!
who makes them?
where do you get them?
what do they cost?

im toying with the idea of paying the $500 and getting my class 3 license so any help would be appreciated
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 11:59:19 AM EDT
Yes, i have one for my CZ75 kadet. (.22). I paid 30€ for it... No pics, sorry...
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 12:11:05 PM EDT
[url]http://guns.connect.fi/rs/ar15supp.html[/url] so far this is all ive found also, another question: as an FFL holder will i be subject to the paperwork for this item as i am not a class 3 dealer?
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 12:14:49 PM EDT
Originally Posted By TexRdnec: also, another question: as an FFL holder will i be subject to the paperwork for this item as i am not a class 3 dealer?
View Quote
Yes.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 12:17:02 PM EDT
http://www.gengerketactical.com/ This is a guy that does that kind of stuff about 35 minutes from my house.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 12:27:26 PM EDT
Makers: gemtech, AWC, Bowers, Tom Denall, John Norrell, SSK, OPS Inc., Aurora (sp) Check out subguns.com for info, or look up Bowers home web page. Subscribe to Small Arms Review for good info. They generally cost $200 for cheapies like coastal, and $3-400 for .22 up to $1000+ for 30 cal with high tech innerds Pics are pretty boring, just imagine a steel tube 4-8 inches long, 1-3 inches in diameter for screw on types. Integral just look like a fat bull barrel, most people don't recognize them. Generally only on rimfires. You would get them from the dealer if you got your class 3. Otherwise, you would get them from a class 3 dealer that gets them from the factory. As far as i know, there aren't middle men like for the big gun manufacturers.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 12:29:21 PM EDT
SHHH, be verry verry quiet
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 12:30:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/14/2003 12:45:51 PM EDT by danonly]
[url]www.gem-tech.com[/url] [url]http://www.awcsystech.com/[/url] [url]http://opsinc.us/[/url] [url]http://www.swrmfg.com/[/url]cool site [url]http://www.sskindustries.com/[/url]also has 6.8x 43 info [url]http://www.smallarmsreview.com/cool.htm[/url] small arms review site, an d long list of links. Ohh, the back of SAR (small arm review) has annual lists of class 3 manufacturers (suppressors and full auto, also SBR and AOW)
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 12:30:38 PM EDT
You would get them from the dealer if you got your class 3.
View Quote
sounds like the better deal..............$500 + $200 + suppressor cost with the end result of me being able to deal in them and maybe make my money back, or...............$200 + bullshit + another dealers markup + suppressor cost
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 12:48:08 PM EDT
Originally Posted By TexRdnec:
You would get them from the dealer if you got your class 3.
View Quote
sounds like the better deal..............$500 + $200 + suppressor cost with the end result of me being able to deal in them and maybe make my money back, or...............$200 + bullshit + another dealers markup + suppressor cost
View Quote
Dealer to Dealrer you don't pay the $200 transfore fee. So you would get the suppressor at cost(period)
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 1:02:22 PM EDT
[url]www.ccfa.com[/url]
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 1:10:11 PM EDT
[url]http://www.srtarms.com/[/url]
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 2:26:18 PM EDT
Here are two of mine. Top is a KKF 22lr upper with a XXX can. Bottom is my M16 with a Gemtech M4-96d. Not shown is a 10/22 integral supressed rifle. [img]members.cox.net/rwhitehill/supressors.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 2:45:09 PM EDT
I always thought they were kind of a waste of money (like most class III to me) but then somebody (one of your tx crew?) posted about hunting hogs with a suppressed 9mm AR, and I finally found a reason for owning one. That's pretty far down on the list of shit I need though.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 2:48:30 PM EDT
$1000 for a watch but no suppressor?!?!?!!! [;D]
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 2:52:44 PM EDT
**Sigh** I want one for my Tactical. Pout pout
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 2:53:16 PM EDT
7, how you like that M4-96D?
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 2:55:52 PM EDT
Originally Posted By TexRdnec: $1000 for a watch but no suppressor?!?!?!!! [;D]
View Quote
I also own a harley, mountain bike, bmx bike, xbox & ps2, computers, a dog.... lots of stuff going on besides guns. Plus, and I just started a new thread on this, I've got too many outstanding projects on guns I already own to start with new shit. My new years resolution is to get all caught up on gun projects. BTW, I see/saw the watch as an investment in something nice for myself. It was going to be a way to spend an xmas bonus that it looks like won't materialize. Oh well.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 3:08:26 PM EDT
Originally Posted By DEERSNIPER: 7, how you like that M4-96D?
View Quote
It works well. Lots of blowback with a 30 round burst. [:D] It is still fairly loud (still use hearing protection.)
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 6:59:01 PM EDT
Originally Posted By norman74: I always thought they were kind of a waste of money (like most class III to me) but then somebody (one of your tx crew?) posted about hunting hogs with a suppressed 9mm AR, and I finally found a reason for owning one. That's pretty far down on the list of shit I need though.
View Quote
You ever used one?
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 7:01:31 PM EDT
Since you're already getting a Type 01 FFL, I'm not sure I'd go through with getting an S.O.T. just for the purpose of acquiring a few cans for personal use.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 7:04:27 PM EDT
Tex, shoot an email to QuietShooter. They don't call him that for nothing [:D]
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 7:10:27 PM EDT
Originally Posted By danonly:
Originally Posted By norman74: I always thought they were kind of a waste of money (like most class III to me) but then somebody (one of your tx crew?) posted about hunting hogs with a suppressed 9mm AR, and I finally found a reason for owning one. That's pretty far down on the list of shit I need though.
View Quote
You ever used one?
View Quote
Nope, don't have a use FOR one. Well, except for that hog hunting thing. That sounds like a perfect application.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 9:40:22 PM EDT
Originally Posted By norman74:
View Quote
You ever used one?
View Quote
Nope, don't have a use FOR one. Well, except for that hog hunting thing. That sounds like a perfect application.
View Quote
How bout saving your hearing?
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 9:53:50 PM EDT
Originally Posted By 7: Here are two of mine. Top is a KKF 22lr upper with a XXX can. Bottom is my M16 with a Gemtech M4-96d. Not shown is a 10/22 integral supressed rifle. [url]members.cox.net/rwhitehill/supressors.jpg[/url]
View Quote
Who makes XXX cans? That thing is HUGE! and for a .22 no less! Must be lo-tech to the max (pure expansion chamber)
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 10:04:21 PM EDT
No the XXX can is for .223 since it's .223 bore the owner also decided to use it for .22lr as many do.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 10:52:12 PM EDT
Originally Posted By TexRdnec: i have no idea about any aspect of suppressors but im intrigued.......... school me do you have one? pics if yes!!!! who makes them? where do you get them? what do they cost? im toying with the idea of paying the $500 and getting my class 3 license so any help would be appreciated
View Quote
What caliber and weapon? That makes a lot of difference in cost and conformation.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 4:46:44 AM EDT
View Quote
You ever used one?
View Quote
View Quote
View Quote
I'm not saying you shouldn't own them, don't worry. I'm not saying that ALL class III isn't fun to play with. I'm just saying... well two things 1) I would rather spend that money on something else. As I said above, I've got a shitload of other hobbies besides shooting, and owning a supressor is pretty far down on my list of wants. 2) I shoot predominately matches. I can't really see whipping out a HK MK23 with can attached at the next IDPA match. Something tells me it would slow down my draw.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 5:19:00 AM EDT
Since you're already getting a Type 01 FFL, I'm not sure I'd go through with getting an S.O.T. just for the purpose of acquiring a few cans for personal use.
View Quote
if i was going to pay the .gov $500 dollars for the priveledge of dealing in class 3 you don't think i'd peddle class 3 to others as well?
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 5:24:51 AM EDT
if i was going to pay the .gov $500 dollars for the priveledge of dealing in class 3 you don't think i'd peddle class 3 to others as well?
View Quote
I have no idea what your intentions are.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 5:55:20 AM EDT
Originally Posted By WWoodworth: **Sigh** I want one for my Tactical. Pout pout
View Quote
If you decide to do it, let me recommend the Advanced Armament "Tactical" model. Quiet when shot dry...And like a pellet gun when you shoot it wet. I love mine. Cost is about 450 on this one.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 6:31:29 AM EDT
View Quote
You ever used one?
View Quote
View Quote
View Quote
I'm not saying you shouldn't own them, don't worry. I'm not saying that ALL class III isn't fun to play with. I'm just saying... well two things 1) I would rather spend that money on something else. As I said above, I've got a shitload of other hobbies besides shooting, and owning a supressor is pretty far down on my list of wants. 2) I shoot predominately matches. I can't really see whipping out a HK MK23 with can attached at the next IDPA match. Something tells me it would slow down my draw.
View Quote
I am the guy that shoots hogs with a suppressed 9mm AR15. It is something that I highly recommend, suppressed hunting. There is still enough 'un-natural' noise from a sppressed gun tha twildlife knows something odd is happening in the woods, and they still get the Hell out of Dodge, but the initial confusion allows for follow-up shots that you normally would not get. Saving my ears, less noise when target shooting and the ability to take shots that I normally would have to pass (snap shots on running game without hearing protection) makes it money well spent. TRG
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 8:14:47 AM EDT
[url]http://www.advanced-armament.com/[/url]
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 8:18:52 AM EDT
Check with someone that knows ( a good class 3 dealer) but i think if you have your suppressors through your SOT, if you ever don't pay that tax for whatever reason, you need to transfer all those cans to you personally, which includes the 2oo$ tax. I just bought my stuff and paid the tax stamp, and i don't have to worry about it anymore. It kinda depends how much class 3 you wanna get. That 500 yearly tax is worth 2 1/2 transfers, every year, ya know!
Top Top