Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/1/2011 9:56:00 AM EDT
I know a ton of you show a lot of love and respect for your sig, others. I have been with mine since the age of 19. I am 45 now. We have 3 great kids together. 26.21.16.  My wife is a great lady .I respect her and her ways very much so.
But to get to the nut of it, There have been very few times that I can remember going to do something that I truly enjoyed with her.

This is a good illustration  of what I run up against quite often. Her and my son were in our bedroom talking.  (We have no plans for the day at this point) BTW gorgeous day in Wa state today.
Anyway I sat down on the bed and said hey lets take the new BMW (her car) up to Mt St Helens and check out the visitor centers. Been years since we have been up there. "silence" me "'cmon it will be fun I will ride in the back so you guys can enjoy the front. "silence" Then wife says what time do the centers close? "Me" thinking who gives a fuck its 10;00 am Sun morn we have plenty of time now matter what time they close. "her" Someone has to grocery shop. Me - Turned around and walked out of the room.  I have grown very tired of this shit through out the years,. ...
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 10:00:03 AM EDT

Quoted:

I know a ton of you show a lot of love and respect for your sig, others. I have been with mine since the age of 19. I am 45 now. We have 3 great kids together. 26.21.16.  My wife is a great lady .I respect her and her ways very much so.

But to get to the nut of it, There have been very few times that I can remember going to do something that I truly enjoyed with her.

This is a good illustration  of what I run up against quite often. Her and my son were in our bedroom talking.  (We have no plans for the day at this point) BTW gorgeous day in Wa state today.

Anyway I sat down on the bed and said hey lets take the new BMW (her car) up to Mt St Helens and check out the visitor centers. Been years since we have been up there. "silence" me "'cmon it will be fun I will ride in the back so you guys can enjoy the front. "silence" Then wife says what time do the centers close? "Me" thinking who gives a fuck its 10;00 am Sun morn we have plenty of time now matter what time they close. "her" Someone has to grocery shop. Me - Turned around and walked out of the room.  I have grown very tired of this shit through out the years,. ...

Gotta relight the spark man...  It was a valid attempt, but break it down to her.  Get that line of communication going again or there could be bumpier roads in your future.

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 10:00:34 AM EDT
so talk to her about it
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 10:01:57 AM EDT
Quoted:

Quoted:

Gotta relight the spark man...  It was a valid attempt, but break it down to her.  Get that line of communication going again or there could be bumpier roads in your future.

Wtf break what down to her. Sit around and waste another Sunday  .Or head for the hills and spend time together on a gorgeous day? Not much there to break down imo.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 10:02:00 AM EDT
go by yourself. My wife doesn't like the outdoors much and I do so I go out by myself every weekend for a day trip.  

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 10:02:52 AM EDT
I'm sorry about your struggle. I've been with my wife since I was 16 (I'm 28 now). We've been married for almost 3 years and have no kids, so our situation is not quite the same. We do plan on having kids very soon. But the thing I can say is that she is my best friend and always has been. We enjoy a LOT of things together, in fact we're both excited about going to the beach in about 15 minutes. We support each other in everything we do, and yes we fight like everyone else does, but when push comes to shove, we are always there for each other. Neither of us has walked out on the other one when times get tough. We don't like everything the other one does, especially movies and music, but we do go with each other to see the movies we want to see, we just compromise on things like that. I enjoy going with her even though I may not enjoy the movie or concert, but her presence is enough. She feels the same about me and has expressed that. I hope your situation improves and you can see the good in your relationship. It is very hard sometimes, but it sounds like you are very blessed.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 10:06:19 AM EDT
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Wtf break what down to her. Sit around and waste another Sunday  .Or head for the hills and spend time together on a gorgeous day? Not much there to break down imo.

Tell them  you want to spend the day with them, and tell her you will order your groceries online. Family togetherness is more important than the next grocery trip.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 10:07:08 AM EDT
That sucks man.  I'd sit her down and ask her what kind of stuff she'd like to do.  It may suck but at least you're doing something together.  Just yesterday my wife and I both wanted to play a video game.  I commented we always play Wii games and I was getting tired of those.  I suggested some of the Call of Duty and Medal of Honor games I have.  At first she didn't like it and then something clicked and she was having a blast once she figured everything out.  As far as outdoor stuff, I take it easy with my wife and daughter so they don't get turned off by the experience.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 10:08:18 AM EDT
The rules have been broken here...

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 10:08:42 AM EDT
What is a center?
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 10:12:11 AM EDT
Quoted:
What is a center?

Information booth, usually has interactive displays and movies.

Eta.  Imagine the Alamo.  Except a mountain instead of a mission.

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 10:14:22 AM EDT
Me and my wife been together going on 31 years now. I keep her pissed off at me so she hardly talks to me anymore, we seem to get along great that way. She and my girlfriend get along just fine and have become pretty good friends since she moved in. Life is good
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 10:14:51 AM EDT

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You say you've been hitting this wall for a while right? So talk to her.  Hey, what's goin on  you seem real detached lately? Every time I suggest we go do something you blow me off and end up wasting the day here at the house....  Ask her what she wants to do, offer to hit the grocery store tomorrow or something.  That's what I mean by breaking it down to her.  She may not even realize it's happening because she's in her "routine".

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 10:15:12 AM EDT
Op,  I share you problem.  My wife and I have been married for 14 years.  We have no common hobbies or interests beyond the kids.  I am at a loss as to what we are going to do.when the kids are gone.  

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 10:15:31 AM EDT
Balance.   Now that our kids are grown we have more time for each other...and are known to take off for a day or two, just to go somewhere.  But, we also have our separate interests.....she goes fishing or shopping with her friends.....I go shooting and hunting with my friends.
Last night...after dinner was done.....we took off and found an out of the way place to have an ice-cream cone...and enjoy each others company.
22 years this year.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 10:23:50 AM EDT

Quoted:

Op,  I share you problem.  My wife and I have been married for 14 years.  We have no common hobbies or interests beyond the kids.  I am at a loss as to what we are going to do.when the kids are gone.  

This scares the fuck out of me.

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 10:33:14 AM EDT

Quoted:

Quoted:

Op, I share you problem. My wife and I have been married for 14 years. We have no common hobbies or interests beyond the kids. I am at a loss as to what we are going to do.when the kids are gone.

This scares the fuck out of me.

Me too.

My wife, when we take the kids out in the yard to shoot, maybes runs 2 mags and maybe 2 cylinders worth and shes done. That is about the extent of what we do together but Friday nights. Thats when we take the kids and all go out to eat.

Last Friday we went out to eat alone with each other. I think we said about 20 words total the whole time.

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 10:38:10 AM EDT
I've been married 35 years. We sit in the family room and talk about what we want to do (i.e. weekend, vacation) until we fall asleep. After a good nap we can't remember what we were talking about
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 10:39:03 AM EDT

Quoted:

I've been married 35 years. We sit in the family room and talk about what we want to do (i.e. weekend, vacation) until we fall asleep. After a good nap we can't remember what we were talking about

I can't wait.

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 11:31:27 AM EDT
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://../../../../images/smilies/anim_rofl.gif

I can't wait.

Sorta kinda turns in too that. Probably the reasons I have gotten into trouble a few times over the years.  You sort of just stop giving a shit.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 11:34:21 AM EDT
Quoted:
The rules have been broken here...

You're correct.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 11:37:56 AM EDT
With a response like she gave you. I would say, you go do the grocery shopping, I'm going to enjoy the day and go by yourself.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 11:39:00 AM EDT
As others have said, try and reignite that adventurous spark! Go and do something new, perhaps a vacation somewhere new doing new activities, maybe even to a different country?

Let her know that it would be good for both of you to be stimulated and to try out new things.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 11:46:03 AM EDT
Quoted:
Quoted:
What is a center?

Information booth, usually has interactive displays and movies.

Eta.  Imagine the Alamo.  Except a mountain instead of a mission.

So you pay $20 to walk around with a little hand speaker from nineteen-eighty-fucking-two? The last time I was at the Alamo (our holiest of holys), I took the damn thing back to the little vendor and used my iPhone if I needed my memory refreshed on a key point or place there.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 11:46:13 AM EDT
Its obvious, shes cheating. Eject while you still can.

I think the important question is, what was the wife and kid talking about when you walked in? Maybe she was pissed because you interrupted a personal conversation with junior.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 11:47:50 AM EDT
Quoted:

I've never understood marriages like this. How the hell do you stay married so long?

My wife an I do everything together, boating, fishing, hunting, snowmobiling, dirt bike riding... the list goes on. I wouldn't have married her if we didn't share the same interests and hobbies.

BTW: Married for 19 years now.

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 11:49:06 AM EDT
Maybe find a cool hobby, meet new people and have fun regardless? Like racing something on the weekends, which means that there are regularly scheduled events where like minded people come together to have fun. When I`m out racing my nitro buggy, competing in a downhill bike course or just riding the trails with friends, everybody always has a good time. My gf isn`t even remotely interested in these things, and doing them alone would suck too.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 11:53:52 AM EDT

Come on, SOMEONE had to...

Seriously?  Go away for a weekend, do something, anything, even if you have to hold your nose and go to a craft fair, or something.  Pick something you both agree won't suck, and do it.  As far as the shopping, go for her, beat her to the punch, and save her the trip.  Maybe that's all it would take, who knows.  Good luck with it.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 11:55:59 AM EDT
There must've been something before the kids.

Think hard, remember and do that thing.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 12:09:12 PM EDT
RUES MUST BE FOLLOWED, OR IT DID NOT HAPPEN.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 12:15:22 PM EDT
Suck it up and do something with her that she wants to do.....I spent a day in Seattle going through expensive clothing stores with the wife...it sucked....but she will sit at the clay launcher and launch clays for me for a few hours...balance.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 12:15:55 PM EDT
Quoted:
RUES MUST BE FOLLOWED, OR IT DID NOT HAPPEN.

which rue?   Rue Morgue?
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 12:29:40 PM EDT
There is nothing I do that does not involve the wife. If she wants to do it, fine, if not, that's fine too but I always ask her. We do just about everything together, hunt, fish, camp, shop, you name it for 10 years we have done it together. We have no close friends anymore it's basically us two. Her daughter will be leaving the state in about 9 months so it going to get tough for her since she won't be able to talk to her 6 times a day. I totally expect her to go back to work to fill that void.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 12:34:41 PM EDT
Get yourself a BMW , one with two wheels and go have fun !

Can't wait on them anymore , gotta go do it by yourself at our age......

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 1:15:16 PM EDT
If you're tired of it, then leave.

Or, go back to what interested you in her in the first place. There had to be things you did together before the kids came along... go back to the basics.

dinner and a movie.

go shopping

get to know her again and find out what she wants to do.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 1:24:25 PM EDT

Quoted:

With a response like she gave you. I would say, you go do the grocery shopping, I'm going to enjoy the day and go by yourself.

Why not do the grocery shopping together and then go to the center together.  In that scenario, knowing when the center closes is relevant...

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 1:34:22 PM EDT
Quoted:

Quoted:

Why not do the grocery shopping together and then go to the center together.  In that scenario, knowing when the center closes is relevant...

Couples that grocery shop together are either newly weds, or miserable couples.

My source? I worked in a grocery store for a few years.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 1:39:54 PM EDT
It may just be a personality difference.

I like to know ahead of time what the day holds.  If she had it in her head that she was going to go grocery shopping it's normal for her to not jump up and do cartwheels when you sprung an unexpected trip on her.  

Some people love spontenaity and spur-of-the-moment actions and some people like advance notice.  I doubt it's that she doesn't want to spend time with you.

We have arguments sometimes because I'm a home-body and if I'm going to get out of the house, it has to be planned.  He'll wake up Saturday morning and say, "Let's go do something today."  Then we spend hours trying to figure out something we can do with all the kids and by the time we decide, half the day's gone, then it's naptime, etc.  It takes the fun out of it.  If I knew on Friday night that he wanted to get out the next day we could make the plans that evening, get an early start and things would go much more smoothly.

Just a thought.  Suggest something for y'all to do together in time for her to adjust to the idea.  
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 1:42:54 PM EDT
Quoted:
so talk to her about it

Seriously. Why come vent to a bunch of dudes online when your wife of so many years is the only one that can fix it?
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 1:49:01 PM EDT
Is it something about this time of year?

I'm personally having a freak out because my wife is 100% ready for kids, mentions kids every damn day, and I have ZERO interest in kids. Hell I just starting learning who I am, what I want, and how I want to do it.

My cousin and his wife were having a shit fit fight fest all during our golf outing and he's talking about just filing uncontested and leaving.

My best friend just ejected on his long time GF.

Both of my old room mates have ejected in the last two months.

What in tarnation is going on here?

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 2:01:25 PM EDT
The default attitude for most people is negative, unhappy and boring. They want to have something to complain about and they want to waste their lives and their time. They don't want to be happy and they don't want go out and explore life and the world around them. If you want to be happy you can't go around trying to make unhappy people happy. You have to live and experience things regardless of what your spouse or friends or family are doing. If your wife wants to be silent and doesn't want to actually do anything, you should just go out with your son and leave your wife at home. There is no reason you should let her keep you from doing fun enjoyable stuff. Just throw your hands up and say it is hopeless for her on these issues as she's made her decision.

I'm not trying to bag on your wife or anything. I'm just sick of dealing with the same sort of attitude as well. About a month ago my 60 something year old dad drove down from upstate New York to Florida. What did he come here for? He wanted us (me and my sister) to update his iphone and teach him how to use a computer. He didn't want to visit or vacation. He didn't want to explore Florida and go do stuff. He shit on every single idea we threw out there for fun stuff. He practically threw a tantrum and cried in anger when we suggested we all go to Disney or visit national parks or forts ect. He just wanted to sit in a room and talk and somehow magically make him understand how to use a computer. The guy has no friends, he destroyed every marriage and family he ever started, doesn't do anything interesting and has no freaking imagination or desire to live and explore the world and all it has in it. Life is too short and too interesting and wonderful to let someone who wants to be boring and unhappy affect what you do and where you want to go.

Most of my friends are the same way. They don't want to actually go do stuff. They want to sit at home and more or less do nothing. They don't want to say get in a car and drive to go see an awesome concert over a week end or go explore places. I decided along time ago that I'm going to take the road less traveled even though it does require me to travel more. I actually get out there and do things. I explore places and do the things which seem inconvenient or time consuming. If there is an opportunity to do something, I jump at it. My life is usually much more interesting than theirs as a result. Let everyone else sit at home and let life pass them by. I know this isn't really a spouse post, but I wanted to vent.

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 2:02:03 PM EDT
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Couples that grocery shop together are either newly weds, or miserable couples.

My source? I worked in a grocery store for a few years.

And like any sweeping generalization yours is wholly incorrect. My wife and I always grocery shop together, I cook, she tells me what she'd like that day or the next.

Been together 13 years or so.

For future reference, having worked in a grocery store doesn't really qualify you to make value judgements on the happiness of others.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 2:06:45 PM EDT

Quoted:

The default attitude for most people is negative, unhappy and boring. They want to have something to complain about and they want to waste their lives and their time. They don't want to be happy and they don't want go out and explore life and the world around them. If you want to be happy you can't go around trying to make unhappy people happy. You have to live and experience things regardless of what your spouse or friends or family are doing. If your wife wants to be silent and doesn't want to actually do anything, you should just go out with your son and leave your wife at home. There is no reason you should let her keep you from doing fun enjoyable stuff. Just throw your hands up and say it is hopeless for her on these issues as she's made her decision.

I'm not trying to bag on your wife or anything. I'm just sick of dealing with the same sort of attitude as well. About a month ago my 60 something year old dad drove down from upstate New York to Florida. What did he come here for? He wanted us to update his iphone and teach him how to use a computer. He didn't want to visit or vacation. He didn't want to explore Florida and go do stuff. He shit on every single idea we threw out there for fun stuff. He practically threw a tantrum and cried in anger when we suggested we all go to Disney or visit national parks or forts ect. He just wanted to sit in a room and talk and somehow magically make him understand how to use a computer. The guy has no friends, he destroyed every marriage and family he ever started, doesn't do anything interesting and has no freaking imagination or desire to live and explore the world and all it has in it. Life is too short and too interesting and wonderful to let someone who wants to be boring and unhappy affect what you do and where you want to go.

Most of my friends are the same way. They don't want to actually go do stuff. They want to sit at home and more or less do nothing. They don't want to say get in a car and drive to go see an awesome concert over a week end or go explore places. I decided along time ago that I'm going to take the road less traveled even though it does require me to travel more. I actually get out there and do things. I explore places and do the things which seem inconvenient or time consuming. If there is an opportunity to do something, I jump at it. My life is usually much more interesting than theirs as a result. Let everyone else sit at home and let life pass them by. I know this isn't really a spouse post, but I wanted to vent.

Good post.

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 2:16:35 PM EDT

Quoted:

I like to know ahead of time what the day holds.  If she had it in her head that she was going to go grocery shopping it's normal for her to not jump up and do cartwheels when you sprung an unexpected trip on her.  

Some people love spontenaity and spur-of-the-moment actions and some people like advance notice.  I doubt it's that she doesn't want to spend time with you.

We have arguments sometimes because I'm a home-body and if I'm going to get out of the house, it has to be planned.  He'll wake up Saturday morning and say, "Let's go do something today."  Then we spend hours trying to figure out something we can do with all the kids and by the time we decide, half the day's gone, then it's naptime, etc.  It takes the fun out of it.  If I knew on Friday night that he wanted to get out the next day we could make the plans that evening, get an early start and things would go much more smoothly.

Just a thought.  Suggest something for y'all to do together in time for her to adjust to the idea.  
All this.  

I hate surprises, they are the work of the devil to me.  I need a full plan well ahead of time.  

~Sure, when I was younger I would occasionally just pack up and go on trips, but not for many, many years have I done that.

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 2:33:28 PM EDT
Quoted:

Quoted:

All this.  
I hate surprises, they are the work of the devil to me.  I need a full plan well ahead of time.  
~Sure, when I was younger I would occasionally just pack up and go on trips, but not for many, many years have I done that.

Yep.  I try to compromise and he does too but we still clash over it sometimes.  My sister will do the same thing––––––call in the afternoon to ask if I want to meet her and some friends at the movies.  I'd love to go but I'm just not *wired* to switch gears like that.  
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 3:07:08 PM EDT

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm not trying to bag on your wife or anything. I'm just sick of dealing with the same sort of attitude as well. About a month ago my 60 something year old dad drove down from upstate New York to Florida. What did he come here for? He wanted us to update his iphone and teach him how to use a computer. He didn't want to visit or vacation. He didn't want to explore Florida and go do stuff. He shit on every single idea we threw out there for fun stuff. He practically threw a tantrum and cried in anger when we suggested we all go to Disney or visit national parks or forts ect. He just wanted to sit in a room and talk and somehow magically make him understand how to use a computer. The guy has no friends, he destroyed every marriage and family he ever started, doesn't do anything interesting and has no freaking imagination or desire to live and explore the world and all it has in it. Life is too short and too interesting and wonderful to let someone who wants to be boring and unhappy affect what you do and where you want to go.

Good post.

Thanks

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 3:23:54 PM EDT
hell, I thought marriage was pure bliss. Pure unadulterated bliss.  Sure, ya gotta work at it, harder than anything you ever have. but in the end, you'll get to look out over the sunset in matching bathtubs.

Truth is thats kind of scary, and was one of the precurers to the break-up.  That, and too many dreams and not enought reality and time.  I will say this, she did mention that I spent too much time here.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 3:35:08 PM EDT
You all are goin about it all wrong and things are going to go to shit probably anyway, but seriously let me be blunt and attempt to help you guys who have wives gone cold.

1. Time alone needs to be set up.
2. Drinks need to be consumed until both feel good.
3. Conversation, keep it short, give her compliments on body parts you like of hers.
4. Get your layout planned. Pre plan positions and places for intense fucking and sucking session to come.
5. Go hands on. Lots of intensity. Let your MAN loose.
6. Give her a good oral workover. Hold on to her like you MEAN IT.
7. Break loose with a 3hr session of 3 hole poker.
8. Dont just drop it and walk away. Keep her givin it attention after your have "blown out"
9. Probably the most important. Learn to find her G spot and give her a squirting orgasm. Its real. Believe me.  She will think you are a BEAST.

Start with this. If she still walks, fuck it. Get out and find a few girlfriends and apply 1-9 to each. Add more girlfriends as needed.

In the end you will at least feel like a man.

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 3:37:14 PM EDT
Quoted:
You all are goin about it all wrong and things are going to go to shit probably anyway, but seriously let me be blunt and attempt to help you guys who have wives gone cold.

1. Time alone needs to be set up.
2. Drinks need to be consumed until both feel good.
3. Conversation, keep it short, give her compliments on body parts you like of hers.
4. Get your layout planned. Pre plan positions and places for intense fucking and sucking session to come.
5. Go hands on. Lots of intensity. Let your MAN loose.
6. Give her a good oral workover. Hold on to her like you MEAN IT.
7. Break loose with a 3hr session of 3 hole poker.
8. Dont just drop it and walk away. Keep her givin it attention after your have "blown out"
9. Probably the most important. Learn to find her G spot and give her a squirting orgasm. Its real. Believe me.  She will think you are a BEAST.

Start with this. If she still walks, fuck it. Get out and find a few girlfriends and apply 1-9 to each. Add more girlfriends as needed.

In the end you will at least feel like a man.

I have done this post divorce.  Then some chick will set ther hook.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 4:02:48 PM EDT
JOY!
Jesus.
Others.
Yourself.
It's not about you!
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 4:21:06 PM EDT
Quoted:
What is a center?

The pink part.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
An error occurred on the server when processing the URL. Please contact the system administrator.

If you are the system administrator please click here to find out more about this error.