Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 1/7/2005 4:15:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/7/2005 4:37:35 PM EDT by Slacker]
Been in the market for about a year now for a professional grade trimmer. Found a good deal on this unit and my kung foo is weak so it came home with me. Tommorow afternoon its going to clear some brush for me. Says you can cut 2 3/4" brush with the steel bladed attachment.
Tons of attachments for them, chainsaws. cultivator, edger etc. This particular model is a 4 stroke engine, but it runs only on 50:1 mix with two stroke oil (no oil tanks or injectors). Same fuel that my saws take, so its handy.I haven't had it wide open yet, damn thing is a beast. 31.4cc engine. It puts out 1.3 HP. Its got a solid driveshaft so it vibrates alot.
www.stihlusa.com/trimmers/FS110R.html

What models do you guys own/like? BVMJethead- Have you had any Stihl trimmers in your stable yet?
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 4:22:28 PM EDT
Stihl is second to none, have a handheld blower of theirs, for the CC's, nothing compares.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 5:02:47 AM EDT
Wow, I figured this would be three pages by now.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 5:28:38 AM EDT
don't weed whack bare foot !!!
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 9:12:08 AM EDT

Originally Posted By ruger270man:
Stihl is second to none, have a handheld blower of theirs, for the CC's, nothing compares.

I have had a Stihl model FS75 trimmer for 6 years now and it's an absolute beast. Wanting to pick up a blower, too, but the $ just ain't there. You will love the trimmer.

Link Posted: 1/9/2005 9:18:43 AM EDT
This is the one I have, www.stihlusa.com/multitask/KM85.html

I currently have the trimmmer and grass cutter attachment.
Top Top