Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/7/2005 5:04:29 PM EDT
I flew down LA last week for some training and tried out my new digicam. Damn, I wish I had got a memory card for it; the built in one was tiny so I only got a few pics.

On descent to John Wayne airport. Just breaking out over the coast; over the Santa Monica mountains; Oxnard at the upper right and Santa Cruz island to the upper left.

Looking at Santa Catalina island.

Leaving John Wayne airport. Looking at Huntington Beach. I spent a nice afternoon there.

Looking at the port of LA. I took a drive through there; truly an amazing place! Container ships in a line clear out to the horizon.

Well, that's it for me. I could have taken a hundred; the landscape is so fascinating to me (I'm a geographer and a map maker).

Feed my obsession! Lets see you pics from planes!

Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:26:53 PM EDT
I was in L.A. this past week, myself. Most of the pics I took are from the tar pits & the art museum (which sucks, btw--the ancient art section has to be the worst I've ever seen), but I got this one of the harbor area of Long Beach, just after take-off.

I also took a video of the take-off run itself, which came out with damn near DVD quality, but with a file size of 154mb for a 2-minute clip.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 8:27:19 PM EDT
Here are some of my favorite Airborne photos:

Link Posted: 8/7/2005 8:46:36 PM EDT

Last week
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 8:51:09 PM EDT
Always a comedian out there to chime in!

Hey Zardoz, did you see as many hot chicks there as I did? Unbelievable...

None of them showed the slightest interest in me though
Top Top