Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/3/2005 7:17:18 AM EDT
I didnt, but lets say I did.

So if some dirtbag breaks in my house and is threatening my family with or without a weapon.  If this guy gets shot  by me, I understand my weapon would be confiscated by the law until it decided if it is a righteous shoot.  

So one of two things would happen, I would be in jail because some "innocent" guy accidentally broke into my house and filled a bag with my valuables, or I would be found in the right.

If I am in jail, I dont think the gun would be returned, but if everything was found to be on the up and up I would think that "evidence" would be returned to me.  Am I wrong?

Link Posted: 8/3/2005 7:20:21 AM EDT
[#1]
I doubt you would be held unless there was evidence of foul play.  Your weapon would be returned to you as long as no crime was committeed.  

When I was running for office I had a stalker break into my home, rifle through my belongings and play with my .38.  The police confiscated my .38 and ran tests on it but returned it after the stalker was arrested.  I wasn't home when this happened or the stalker would [most likely] have been shot.  I wasn't happy about them taking my pistol either.

Patty
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 7:20:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Usually I would think it gets returned...or lost.

SGat1r5
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 7:27:43 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Usually I would think it gets returned...or lost.

SGat1r5

Oh, I will be getting a receipt for that.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 7:30:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Why do the cops have to know? Got a tarp? Lime? Woodchipper?

Link Posted: 8/3/2005 7:31:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Would you have us believe that you're the only person on this board that doesn't keep a "throw down piece" handy?
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 7:41:55 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Would you have us believe that you're the only person on this board that doesn't keep a "throw down piece" handy?

well, if he does, it must be a .39 or a 10/22 b/c that's all anyone here owns.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 7:43:21 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

.38, dangitt boy!!
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 7:51:50 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

damn, he's got me and my .26 beat.

Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:09:36 AM EDT
[#9]
I have a Lorcin .380 that would fill that role.  But with all the CSI shows on television everyone is a wound ballistic expert, and would notice the 30 holes my AR put in em.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:11:56 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I doubt you would be held unless there was evidence of foul play.  Your weapon would be returned to you as long as no crime was committeed.  

When I was running for office I had a stalker break into my home, rifle through my belongings and play with my .38.  The police confiscated my .38 and ran tests on it but returned it after the stalker was arrested.  I wasn't home when this happened or the stalker would [most likely] have been shot.  I wasn't happy about them taking my pistol either.

Patty

thats why you have more then  1 :)
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:13:59 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I have a Lorcin .380 that would fill that role.  But with all the CSI shows on television everyone is a wound ballistic expert, and would notice the 30 holes my AR put in em.

just say he triped and fell...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top