Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 6/1/2013 10:48:41 PM EDT
What I am trying to achieve with this thread is, not only to get some gritty stories, but also to share some lessons of what we may have done wrong, and what we learned, and changed to prevent other episodes.

Me First.
I was getting ready for work (4am).
I went over to the window that looked out to the driveway, front door, and garage.
This area is well lit, and on a main road. one light over the door and another over the garage, along with motion fixtures around the house (all corners).
As I walked over to the window the motion in the driveway tripped. No biggie, wind, or animal.
I was going to start the truck from inside when I saw two guys in my driveway. One was looking in my cars and trying the door handles, and the other was trying the front door.
I said quietly out load WTF is this shit!
They were only 5-10 feet from me inside the house.
They got nothing so they crossed the street and did the same to my neighbors doors.
I was on 911 before they touched his door knob.
The cops got there and I reported what happened but they found no one.
Snoop my cars your a scumbag thief...Try my door, you become a target.
What if I was leaving when they showed up or my wife was coming home, what would have happened?

What do I do differently?
Bedside safe with PX4 .45 and exrta mags,
Baby monitor on, next window to listen to all activity in the house and outside.
Yes I can hear outside with that set up.
I am getting one for downstairs too.

OK Now You
Link Posted: 6/1/2013 11:27:07 PM EDT
[#1]
15 or so years ago when I was about 13 and my sister was about 10 we were on a public bus sitting on opposite sides but facing eachother (set up like a subway car, kinda). Anyways, All of a sudden this man, probably in his late 40's sat down next to her and put his arm around her and started whispering in her ear. Of course I immediatly confronted the perv and made it very public that he was a piece of shit and that he should back the fuck off. Again, I was 13 and not intimidating at ALL, he told me to stfu and sit down. He continued to whisper things to her and touch her hair so I did the only thing I thought to do... stood up push him away and moved my sister next to me. We exited the bus and took off. That was a huge moment in my life. I replay scenarios in my head of what could have happend if I wasn't there. (not saying I did much, but obviously interrupted something). and what I would do differently now if I witnessed something like this again.

What have I changed?

I have carried since the minute I could legally do so.
I went into law enforcement.
Link Posted: 6/1/2013 11:30:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
15 or so years ago when I was about 13 and my sister was about 10 we were on a public bus sitting on opposite sides but facing eachother (set up like a subway car, kinda). Anyways, All of a sudden this man, probably in his late 40's sat down next to her and put his arm around her and started whispering in her ear. Of course I immediatly confronted the perv and made it very public that he was a piece of shit and that he should back the fuck off. Again, I was 13 and not intimidating at ALL, he told me to stfu and sit down. He continued to whisper things to her and touch her hair so I did the only thing I thought to do... stood up push him away and moved my sister next to me. We exited the bus and took off. That was a huge moment in my life. I replay scenarios in my head of what could have happend if I wasn't there. (not saying I did much, but obviously interrupted something). and what I would do differently now if I witnessed something like this again.

What have I changed?

Too bad you weren't going home from little league practice and carrying a bat to crush his fucking skull in with. Fucking pedophiles.
Link Posted: 6/1/2013 11:33:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

What have I changed?

Needs moar pocket knife-to-artery in leg. Other than that, good job, you're a good brother.

Link Posted: 6/1/2013 11:38:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

What have I changed?

Needs moar pocket knife-to-artery in leg. Other than that, good job, you're a good brother.

I wish I could have done that.

Link Posted: 6/1/2013 11:42:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Pharmacy in Austin, Texas had a check cashing booth in the back. It was cordoned off from the store by a vinyl divider, the kind that slides from side to side so it can break. Two guys wait for the girl to leave the booth. They slice the divider open. The money was secured, so they stole about a hundred bucks worth of rolled change. They might not have got the armed robbery charge, but they used a machete to cut the divider. The police did not share their opinion that it was a just a tool.

Jack In The Box, also on Guadalupe Street in Austin: I worked there at night. One night we closed late and I was helping the cook close up. It was either a Friday or a Saturday. At the time, the bar next door catered to assholes. We wedged the drive through window open to get some air blowing inside to cool the place off. Drunk guy staggers up the drive though lane, waving a very large fixed blade knife and yelling to give him the money. I released the window and pinned it closed.

He pounded on the window, shouting how about how I couldn't do that, it wasn't fair, etc. I was laughing so hard I had trouble calling the police. All this time, he's waving the knife. The cook had a pot full of fryer grease in case the guy decided to try to get in. He left before the cops got there. I understand why the dispatcher did not take me very seriously.

Gas station in New Jersey. I worked there on a Sunday night. Two guys walked up from the side street. This should have been my first clue. The side street intersected a major highway. We didn't have anything besides gasoline, so there was no reason for anyone to walk there. There were two bathroom, men's and women's, on the side of the station away from the side street. They each went into a bathroom and I saw them exchange looks as they closed the doors. I went inside.

A minute or so later, they came in wearing snorkel jackets with the hoods pulled out so I couldn't see their faces. One of them had a revolver. They demanded the money. I gave it to them. They left. Somehow, the cops in the next town found a bag with the snorkel jackets, gloves, and what turned out to be a starter gun. Otherwise, I guess they would have blamed me. The guy held the barrel down so I couldn't get a good look at it. It's still an awful feeling, even though it turned out to be a fake. I had not forgotten the guy with the machete.

Good times, good times.
Link Posted: 6/1/2013 11:44:18 PM EDT
[#6]
About 12 years ago I was on my way to work one morning when I blew the trans in my truck. I had it towed to work so I could replace the trans in the shop. I left it parked outside overnight. I get to work the next day and some scumbag had broke my vent window and stole my stereo. Had a decent system in the truck with an amp, eq, and subs. They took the system and left a few hundred dollars worth of Snap On tools and a NIB fishing reel worth $150. To be honest I was more pissed that they would break into MY truck and that they tore up the vent window doing it. I figured fuck it. What can I do. So, the night after it happened I was heading out to meet some buddies and I thought "what the hell. I'll drive by the shop and see if anyone's fucking around'. It's around 10pm when I turn onto the street. I cruise up and down the street which is all automotive and boat shops. I don't see shit so I head out to the main drag. As I pass the motorcycle shop something catches my eye in their fenced in lot. I stop, look over, and see two shit heads trying to pry open a soda machine. I pull off like nothing happened and went around the block while I called the cops. The shit heads see me come back around so they try to split. One crosses the main drag and the other walks right past me while we eye fucked each other. The guy that crossed the street comes back to meet up with his buddy. They talk for a second then start walking towards my car. They got about 20 ft away as the Sheriff's office shows up. The shit heads decide to resist a little and proceeded to get thumped on by the cops. After all is said and done the one Deputy tells me I'm lucky they got there when they did because the guy had a big ass knife on him. I told the Deputy that the shit head was lucky because I had my trusty Glock with me. The Deputy got a kick out of it and laughed his balls off as he told the shit heads they were the lucky ones. Never got my stereo stuff back but the owner of the Bike shop was very grateful and hooked me up on a new bike. Even got a bullshit letter from the Sheriff thanking me.
Link Posted: 6/1/2013 11:44:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

What have I changed?

Too bad you weren't going home from little league practice and carrying a bat to crush his fucking skull in with. Fucking pedophiles.

That would have been awesome! Yeah too bad. I did what I could with no weapons/training/life experiance. My Sister has reminded me that she very well could not be alive if I wasn't there. Its one of those things that will always has stood out in my mind.
Link Posted: 6/1/2013 11:48:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Me First.
I went over to the window that looked out to the driveway, front door, and garage.
This area is well lit, and on a main road. one light over the door and another over the garage, along with motion fixtures around the house (all corners).
As I walked over to the window the motion in the driveway tripped. No biggie, wind, or animal.
I was going to start the truck from inside when I saw two guys in my driveway. One was looking in my cars and trying the door handles, and the other was trying the front door.
They got nothing so they crossed the street and did the same to my neighbors doors.
What if I was leaving when they showed up or my wife was coming home, what would have happened?

Baby monitor on, next window to listen to all activity in the house and outside.

OK Now You

Wow that  had to be an adrenaline dump.
Link Posted: 6/1/2013 11:52:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

What have I changed?

What a dirt bag. What was he saying to her? Good job protecting yours. Not passing judgement,but wasn't 13 and 10 a little young to be traveling without an adult?
Link Posted: 6/1/2013 11:54:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

What have I changed?

What a dirt bag. What was he saying to her. Good job protecting yours. Not passing judgement,but wasn't 13 and 10 a little young to be traveling without an adult?

Going home from school, going out together, et cetera. There's a lot of valid reasons for that.
Link Posted: 6/1/2013 11:57:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Me First.

OK Now You

Wow that  had to be an adrenaline dump.

No it was not. Maybe I did not realize the danger at that second.
If he started kicking the door, than yea without a doubt.
And at that time it would have taken a min. of 30 seconds to get armed. Not an issue any more.
Link Posted: 6/2/2013 12:13:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Someone stole my phone from a restaurant table when I was turned to help my son eat his food. I had tracking software on it and watched it for the next 12 hours. I drove to the house and knocked on the door. A 18-19ish year old answered the door. I asked him point blank about my phone and his expression told me I had the right guy. I told him to go get it if he wanted his face to stay intact. He ran into the back and had my phone back to me in 30 seconds. I was armed, but no blading was required.

I called the cops and asked them if there was anything they could do and they were amazed I was able to get the phone back. Even if I had come to them with the GPS info, they wouldn't have been able to do anything if the guy ad denied he had it.
Link Posted: 6/2/2013 12:17:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Someone stole my phone from a restaurant table when I was turned to help my son eat his food. I had tracking software on it and watched it for the next 12 hours. I drove to the house and knocked on the door. A 18-19ish year old answered the door. I asked him point blank about my phone and his expression told me I had the right guy. I told him to go get it if he wanted his face to stay intact. He ran into the back and had my phone back to me in 30 seconds. I was armed, but no blading was required.

I called the cops and asked them if there was anything they could do and they were amazed I was able to get the phone back. Even if I had come to them with the GPS info, they wouldn't have been able to do anything if the guy ad denied he had it.

Should had tapped him and everyone in the house for knowing him.
Link Posted: 6/2/2013 12:19:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

What have I changed?

What a dirt bag. What was he saying to her? Good job protecting yours. Not passing judgement,but wasn't 13 and 10 a little young to be traveling without an adult?

I mean, maybe. I'm not a parent so I dont have those types of instinctual... cautions...???? To be honest I don't remember the reason why were on the bus.. where we were coming from or going.. it was just a common thing to do. I don't remember exactly what he said. My sister said that he was saying something about my dad (our dad) was waiting for her and that he was to take her to him.. or something... like he was sent to meet her...

Link Posted: 6/2/2013 12:25:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Should had tapped him and everyone in the house for knowing him.

I am pretty hardcore in my hatred of thieves. Without threat of imprisonment I would probably have no problem putting one in his kneecap. The police probably would take issue with me showing up to do so. With that said, had he not given me my phone back as he did, I would have done bad things to him and his property.
Link Posted: 6/2/2013 2:57:02 AM EDT
[#16]
I had an apartment in a bigger city I lived at during the week for my job, came back home on weekends. A guy moved in above me, started having loud,late late night parties all the time. I reported it to Manager, he talked to them. Nothing. I went to th dooor several times, yelled at him. They would quiet down, then  start up again. I showed him how far away you could hear their shit, made him walk down to my hallway, outside etc.. during one of their 3 am parties. He quit then,  

@ week later, He and his friends took one of their "Friends" into a cemetary and murdered him. It was the same group I would yell at over their shitty music to Quiet down. Turned out he and his twin brother and their group were a bunch of drug using murderers, they stabbed the poor guy a bunch of times and left his body in the cemetary.
Link Posted: 6/2/2013 3:16:30 AM EDT
[#17]
I moved out when I was 17. I lived in a little one bedroom apartment in a small apartment community. One night I was walking in from doing laundry in the laundry room there, and met my across the hall neighbors for the first time. Young couple, really cool. They invited me over for a beer, and I accepted. I tossed my laundry basket in my apartment, locked the door then went over to visit with them. GREAT time, really cool couple. Stayed for probably an hour, then said goodbye. Our doors faced each other, so it was a 4 step walk home.

I put my key in, while they were still at their open door, thanked them again and said we needed to do this again, then opened my door.

There was a VERY big guy running towards my sliding glass door. He was wearing a hat, turned his face away from the noise at the front door, and pulled the curtains back with one hand. He was wearing ski gloves. He was running from my bedroom towards the only other exit in my tiny apartment. I involuntarily screamed. The neighbors threw their door back open and came over to see what just happened. There were wet foot prints on my carpet.

This guy had been in my bedroom wearing ski gloves. Money was on the counter, untouched. My car was in the carport, and lights were on as though I was home as usual. The slider wasn't locked, because it opened onto a small patio that didn't open to the outside. He came in, and left that way.

I was afraid to call the police because I wasn't old enough to be living alone, (My mom had lied about my age on the rental contract) and was afraid that I'd be kicked out of my apartment. Yeah, NOW I know how dumb I was, but didn't then.

I was afraid to go to sleep at night after that. My little apartment became the crash pad for any of my friends, because I could only sleep if I wasn't there alone.
Link Posted: 6/2/2013 3:53:20 AM EDT
[#18]
About 25 years ago this piece of shit that moved down to south jersey showed back up in town with one of his cronies ( rural area of north jersey) on a friday night ! I got into a John Wayne caliber bar fight with said POS, complete with broken pool cues and chairs .  Fast forward to the following monday ,radioreport says of a foiled bank heist a few towns over . One suspect ( piece of shit I knuckled) shot by police lying dead in  middle of RT 23 they caught the other scum bag hiding in the garden center down the highway a bit. Turns out they were coming back in the area every few months to rob gas stations and banks.
Link Posted: 6/2/2013 8:39:17 AM EDT
[#19]
I was robbed in November 2009, I have the exact day written down somewhere but I can't find that journal right now.  
This was when I was a missionary for the LDS church in Johannesburg, South Africa.

I always carried a Spyderco Delica 4, a Surefire 6p Defender
flashlight and a can of pepper spray. The Spyderco was in my pocket, the
pepper spray was in my backpack and so was the flashlight.
I was robbed while on Claim street in downtown Johannesburg. I do
remember it was a Thursday because we had the car that day. In this area
there were 4 missionaries and we had the walking area and they had the
car area. But we used the car on Thursday and Saturday. The day before I
was given a new missionary to train, so this was his first full day out
in the field. We had an appointment with a member of the church in the
area and I parked my car on the left side of the street because it was
easiest to park right there.
We were done with the appointment and we were walking back to the
car when I noticed two skinny black men crossing the street and I knew
inside me at that moment that they were after us and that they were up
to no good. So my situational awareness didn't fail me there but my
response to this failed. We were getting into the car and I would always
lock the doors right away but this time I didn't lock them fast enough
because they opened the car door, punched me in the chest and started
yelling at us. They said, "Give us your phones, we are going to kill you
and shoot you, give us your phones." I never saw any weapons in their
hands. In my head I thought, "I can't drive away because my seatbelt
isn't on yet so they could drag me out of the car. There are two of them
and they are too close for pepper spray, my knife probably won't work
here either." I thought this while they were still yelling.
I thought then that if I give them our cell phone they will go away.
So I gave them the cell phone. They then yelled that they wanted my
companions phone. But I yelled back at them, "We only have one phone and
you took it." At that point they walked across the street and I drove
away as fast as I could. Afterwards I was shaking with rage. I had just
been robbed for the first time in my life and I was pissed.
I should have jumped in the car faster when I saw them, and got my
seatbelt on and left more quickly than I did. That is how I failed. I
saw them and recognized the threat but I didn't respond to it in the
proper way. After they opened the car door and hit me then I think I
responded the right way but at that point I had fewer options because
they were acting upon me.
First of all now I carry my Walther PPQ at every available opportunity.
If I had been carrying then I think a j-frame would have been perfect
for that encounter. I would have shoved it in the first ones chest and
pulled the trigger twice and then moved onto the next one if he was
still hanging around after seeing his friend get shot. As a missionary
that option is not open to you though. I won't be a victim like that
again.
Link Posted: 6/2/2013 8:49:24 AM EDT
[#20]
Hmmmm, this could take a while.
Link Posted: 6/2/2013 8:58:46 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

This guy had been in my bedroom wearing ski gloves. Money was on the counter, untouched. My car was in the carport, and lights were on as though I was home as usual.
Wow. That's creepy. Scary, to think that he was there for something other than money and possessions...

Glad you dodged that bullet.
Link Posted: 6/2/2013 5:53:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Any More?
Link Posted: 6/2/2013 6:05:34 PM EDT
[#23]
My mom does not like guns, doesn't touch them, will not shoot them. When I was 6 and my brother was 9 my Dad was doing shift work and working the evening shift at this particular time. Around 9pm a co-worker of my Dad's showed up drunk off his ass beating on the door wanting to talk to my Dad. Mom told him that dad was working and to come by tomorrow. Guy kept up yelling carrying on, demanding to see my Dad.

Now Dad had a Ruger Single Six with a 9.5" barrel that was always kept loaded, mainly to shoot skunks and other vermin. I can still see my Mom running back to the bedroom and then coming back with that Ruger. She cracked the door just enough and shoved that big long barrel out and said, " I TOLD YOU THAT (Dad's Name) IS NOT HERE. NOW LEAVE AND DON'T COME BACK".  Apparently staring down a revolver barrel has a way of sobering up drunks, as the guy got the hell outta there.

Mom told Dad about it and Dad had a discussion with the guy. I don't know what was said but the guy never stepped foot on our land again drunk or sober. My parents later divorced, and sometime when I was in my 20s I mentioned the incident to my Mom, she denied it. I asked my brother and he remembered it, but my Mom denied it. So the next time I saw my Dad I asked him and he said, "Oh yeah that was the old drunk Whats His Name." So I told my Mom the guy's name and that everyone remembers but her. She finally said yeah it happened....

Link Posted: 6/2/2013 6:06:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
About 25 years ago this piece of shit that moved down to south jersey showed back up in town with one of his cronies ( rural area of north jersey) on a friday night ! I got into a John Wayne caliber bar fight with said POS, complete with broken pool cues and chairs .  Fast forward to the following monday ,radioreport says of a foiled bank heist a few towns over . One suspect ( piece of shit I knuckled) shot by police lying dead in  middle of RT 23 they caught the other scum bag hiding in the garden center down the highway a bit. Turns out they were coming back in the area every few months to rob gas stations and banks.

Sounds like McPeek's, or whatever the name was on 517. Karaoke nights were interesting in there.
Link Posted: 6/2/2013 6:26:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 6/2/2013 6:40:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 6/2/2013 7:00:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 6/2/2013 7:14:39 PM EDT
[#28]
shot one, did not have to shoot the other times
Link Posted: 6/2/2013 7:33:21 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

shot one, did not have to shoot the other times

Details, not titillation, man!  

Tell the stories . . .

Link Posted: 6/2/2013 7:37:11 PM EDT
[#30]
I was newlywed (20 years ago) and had moved into my wife's apt.
The full length of the 2nd floor had a balcony/fire escape.
Our bedroom window and the back door were on that wall where the deck was attached

One night I hear someone on the deck at around 5am. ran to the kitchen to look out the back door and as I walked in the room I heard the door handle move.
I grabbed my grandfathers 12gau Stevens double barrel and chambered 2 shells of birdshot. (all I had) and walked to the door with the safety off.
I saw a silhouetted head move towards the bedroom where my wife was still asleep.

I walked in the room and nudged her awake and she rolled off the bed towards me. There was a shadow of a guy looking thru the closed blinds. I put a knee on the bed and grabbed the cord for the blinds and held the barrels at the shadow. I yanked the string so hard the blinds fell down exposing a white guy in a jumpsuit. with his arms windmilling as his back arched over the railing. I screamed like a lunatic at him. He and I ran parallel as he ran down the deck and took the stairs a landing at a time.

I got to the side wall of the apartment and I ran the shotgun through the screen and told him not to F'ing move while my wife called the cops.
After my eyes adjusted I could see he was carrying a newspaper bag and the jumpsuit was blue like the local paper workers wore.
The guy kept saying he was delivering papers. He backed away from me and took off running while I yelled stupid shit at him. I was pretty sketched out. Cops came later and filed the police report. I didn't mention holding him at gunpoint out the window but I did tell him about the window peeping/shotgun scare.

I asked all my neighbors in the other apartments the next day if any got the paper. All said no. I called the paper and bitched to them about their creeper paper delivery guy and they also said they had no customers in the building
Link Posted: 6/2/2013 8:19:49 PM EDT
[#31]
I'll just repost some stories I already posted.

It was February 15th, 2003, about 1:00am. I was standing at the register, ringing up customers. The place was fairly packed as it typically was at that time of night on a Friday night/Saturday morning, probably more so because it was Valentine's day; bars had just closed, etc. I was always very aware of what went on in the parking lot, my head always on a swivel. I watched an older Cadillac pull up to one of the pumps and stop. Right behind it a Jeep Cherokee came sliding in. 4 guys jumped out of each car and started getting into it. I turned to my clerk and told her to call the cops. I had a bad feeling. She dialed 911 and told them there was a fight in the lot. I was still ringing up customers and keeping an eye on the guys in the lot. They were yelling back and forth. The clerk was giving a description to the police when I watched one of the guys (from the Jeep) pull out a pistol and start waving it around. Clerk relayed the info to the dispatcher.

One of the guys from the Caddy got in the face of the guy with the gun. Gun guy didn't like that. Pointed it at the guy, one shot to the head. Blew the guys hat off, along with brains and what not out the back of his head. As the guy was falling, clearly already dead, gun guy put 2 more rounds into his chest. The 3 remaining guys from the Caddy ran, jumped into the car and tore out of the parking lot, leaving their now dead buddy behind. Gun guy starts shooting at the departing car, I hit the floor. The clerk is screaming at the dispatcher, customers are hitting the floor, it's going nuts. The shooting stops, I look back up and the guys from the Jeep are dragging the dead dude across the parking lot. They throw him in the back of the Jeep (the cargo area) and take off. I grab the phone from the clerk and let the dispatcher know the direction they had went. The police were already close and the helicopter was too. They located the Jeep on the freeway just over a mile away, the guys in the Jeep told them the guy was their friend and they were trying to get him to a hospital (This is information I learned from the detectives a little later in the night). This was obviously a lie.

Customers scatter, Police show up and close the place down. Yellow tape, the whole 9 yards. Separated my clerk and I and questioned us. I told them what I had seen. They brought the shooter back in a squad car and had me ID him. Investigation went on till about 6am. When they left, they didn't clean up the mess. The F.D. said because it was outside, it was no big deal. They did collect the chunks of skull and brain, but left all the blood. So, I got to head out there with a powerwasher and hose it all down. Nice. I've never seen so much blood. It looked like someone took 2 gallons of milk and poured it out. By the time I got to clean it up, it was like jelly. That was the worst part of it.

This tweaker always came into the store, and I knew him well. He was always stealing shit from me but I could never catch him in the act. I KNEW he stole shit, but he was good and would wait until I was tied up at the register and couldn't watch him. If I didn't see him actually steal stuff, I couldn't do anything for threat of lawsuit. Well, he came in one night and I'd had enough. He walked around behind the checkstand where we kept all the sandwiches; which was his favorite thing to steal. I was in the middle of a transaction, I told the customer to hold on, and peeked around the side of the checkstand and watched him stuff 4 or 5 sandwiches into his jacket. He didn't even see me. I went back to customer and finished the transaction. Tweaker is heading out the door. I tell my clerk (who's helping other customers) I'll be back and hop the counter to stop him. I grab his jacket and tell him to stop. He decides to run. Against my better judgement, I chased him outside. He had a pedo van parked at one of the gas pumps. He's trying to get in, and I keep slamming the door every time he tries to open it. He's cursing at me, and I'm cursing at him to give me my fucking sandwiches back. This goes on for a little bit and I decide it's a waste of time. I tell the guy to keep my food and get the fuck off my property. I back off and he gets in the van. Except it wasn't to leave. He apparently decided I was worth killing over. I'm standing there, maybe 3 feet from the van, watching him go. He gets in and starts digging on the floor. Ahh fuck. I can't see what he's getting, but he's starting to get out. My mind is going a million miles a second. Should I draw? Do I have time if he has a gun? Whatever he's got he has it in his left hand and it's coming out the door. In a split second I realized there was no way I was going to be able to wait to see what he had and then shoot him (if it was a gun) before he got shots off at me.

So, I did what anyone would do. I charged. I put all my weight into slamming that van door closed on his arm as hard as I fucking could. I drilled it. 230 lbs of fear, anger, and an intense drive for self-preservation slammed into that door at full tilt. Just as I hit the door, his hand was coming out and I saw his weapon. A screw driver. As the door crushed his arm all I could think was how fucking pissed I was that this guy was going to try to shank me with a screwdriver. Then he started screaming. And I mean fucking SCREAMING. The door caught him right below the wrist, the screwdriver clattered to the ground. I have no doubt the bones in arm were crushed. I stood there, shaking. To be totally honest, I was fucking terrified. Not in a shit my pants way, but because I realized what a bad decision I had made. I mean, yeah, I made lots of bad decisions, but this one was way up there.
Link Posted: 6/2/2013 8:20:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Early 90's living in a duplex, downstairs lady called up to my wife and said someone is driving slowly in front (her car and my truck parked on city side street).

I put on slippers and grabbed my Beretta 21A Bobcat (I was young and uninformed) & went downstairs with my german shepherd, Bear Dog. I saw a body bent over in my neighbor ladies car and at first thought it was her husband.

As I got closer I noticed two more "guys" walking up and they looked like they were going to attack me UNTIL, one yelled "he's got a dog"….. Them boys ran like jack rabbits with bear chasing one towards a busy city street. The guy in the getaway car drove past me with him getting an eyeful of bobcat as he ducked and sped away.

I turned my attention to Bear because I was worried about him running into the busy street, I don't think he knew he should attack because I never yelled or acted  worried. So he stopped after I yelled for him.

Link Posted: 6/2/2013 8:40:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Had a guy make a blatantly shitty left turn into me.  I had to slam, swerve, and go into a dude's driveway to not get hit.  Dude was screamin at me and flipped me off. I returned the favor. We went on with our lives, or so I thought, until he darted into our complex behind us.  By the time I had parked he had stopped his vehicle behind ours.  Behind me was my wife; I was standing between two cars, he was rounding the corner in front of me.

I stood between him and my wife (about 20ft at this point) and firmly told him to stop and to go away (in a nutshell). It was the middle of July and he was wearing a trench coat. He also had a dog in the passenger seat with the window down, who was not happy with me.  The man approached me, "teeing" off the point between me, the car, and my wife behind me.  He had his hand inside his coat as he was coming around.  I cleared my shirt over my 1911, dropped the safety and began to clear leather. He immediately put his hands up, walked backward to his car, sat down, then said "I'm a big man now that I have a gun."

He drove away. I've not seen him since.

That was a couple years ago.  I now will loop the complex if I think someone is following me.
Link Posted: 6/2/2013 9:07:08 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Had a guy make a blatantly shitty left turn into me.  I had to slam, swerve, and go into a dude's driveway to not get hit.  Dude was screamin at me and flipped me off. I returned the favor. We went on with our lives, or so I thought, until he darted into our complex behind us.  By the time I had parked he had stopped his vehicle behind ours.  Behind me was my wife; I was standing between two cars, he was rounding the corner in front of me.

I stood between him and my wife (about 20ft at this point) and firmly told him to stop and to go away (in a nutshell). It was the middle of July and he was wearing a trench coat. He also had a dog in the passenger seat with the window down, who was not happy with me.  The man approached me, "teeing" off the point between me, the car, and my wife behind me.  He had his hand inside his coat as he was coming around.  I cleared my shirt over my 1911, dropped the safety and began to clear leather. He immediately put his hands up, walked backward to his car, sat down, then said "I'm a big man now that I have a gun."

He drove away. I've not seen him since.

That was a couple years ago.  I now will loop the complex if I think someone is following me.

I've had people follow me. Nice part about taking the long way around the neighborhood, is it looks like I'm going down a dark deserted road where they get froggy....until I pull into the Sheriff substation.

Link Posted: 6/2/2013 9:45:17 PM EDT
[#35]
I'm in a Taco Bell drive thru in a bad part of town when I see a crankster type on a bicycle begging for money from people in line.  Two cars later he has some money.   When he gets to my car I have a window down and I'm wearing my "POLICE" dark navy blue polo shirt with the big white letters "POLICE" on the left sleeve and a embroidered badge on the chest.  I have already armed myself with a Glock 26 in my right hand, chest high near my left arm, which is resting on my open window.   He cannot see the glock.  

He approaches too close and I say to him, "that is far enough."
He asks for money and I tell him "no thank you".  
He tries to get closer and then cops an attitude saying "hey man, im just trying to get something to eat".  
I tell him "back off"
He says "you don't have to be such an asshole".

At this,point I figured he would get the hint and just leave but he does not.  He reaches into his right front pocket and I could see his right hand begin to grasp something.  

I bring the glock 26 up for him to see and using the muzzle point to the part of my polo shirt on my left sleeve which reads "POLICE".  

I ask him what does that say ?  

He finally focuses and realizes his tactical error and beats feet on his bicycle back towards the projects he came from.  

No drugs or alcohol contributions from me this night for tweaker Bob.  

Link Posted: 6/2/2013 10:33:03 PM EDT
[#36]
September 24, 2005 (12:00 pm, Hurricane Rita)
Waited till 12 noon to wait till after the news reported the hurricane made landfall to check on the business.  I had my truck  fully loaded with my most valuable firearms in case there was a storm surge and I had to haul ass out of there in a quick hurry.  Main carry gun was a Bushmaster M4 w/ 7 fully loaded 30 round magazines and a Browning Hi-Power with 3 13 rd magazines fully loaded.  Went to the business and proceed to open the entrance in the back.  As I entered the business, I was the secondary metal door closed in front of my face.  The drawers into the first room were all turned inside out.  I calmly walked back to my truck and retrieved my M4 and Hi-Power and suited up mall ninja style.  I handed the Remington 870 and a Model 10 Smith & Wesson to another person.  I told other person to watch the outside in case I flush them out.  I proceed to enter the building and came to my senses after 10 minutes this was not smart doing this by myself.  Went outside and found the little fuckers running on the roof and I proceeded to point the rifle at them.  They got away.  27 Houston Police Officers showed up on the scene (if any of the police were there at that scene, you will remember me, also 2 of your cars ran out of fuel and a Honda minivan came with extra fuel).  They did not take my rifle away.  Searched my building and found nothing.  Once safe was cracked open and the rest of the place was destroyed by the burglars/looters.  $27,000 in damage

October 7, 2005 4:00 am
Was still recovering/repairing the damage done by the burglars/looters from the previous encounter.   Had to stay every night and watch the damn place since the building was not secure due to the lack of finding any help/materials in repairs all the damage to the roof.  Burglar enter through the damage in the roof and proceed to the office and broke the key code lock and tried to open the other safe in there.   I waited outside the office with my Browning Hi-Power forced him out of the office.  Had him lay on the ground and waited for the Houston Police to arrive (took 45 minutes to get there since the building was pretty secured everywhere else).  Burglar got really edgy on the ground while I blinded him with my surefire for that time frame.  Light got dimmer and dimmer.  Burglar kept trying to reach for his hoodie, so I fired 2 warning shots into my Craftsman Tool Box in order to control him.  Later found a crowbar.  Bail for him was $2,000. Got 1 yr State Jail TDCJ for that. Did $10,000 in damage.

February 16, 2007 11:30am
Was the target of a takeover robbery by 5 members of the Houstone Tango Blast Gang.  (1) Getaway driver, (1) Lookout outside the front door, (3) Actual robbers.  I was inside joking with a customer when one of the robbers charged up to me directly with a hoodie and proceeded to point a snub nose revolver in my chest.  I said screw it and proceed to draw, but notice the 2 other robbers covering the other 10 innocent people inside.  My Glock 19 taken away from me and a Smith Wesson Model 64 was also taken from its hiding spot.  They did not find the other Glock 26s and snubnose revolvers lying around.  Lost the money and got involved in a shootout outside the building with a Glock 26 and a Taurus Model 85 subnose revolver.  Shot one of the individuals twice in the chest.  God was watching him because the 2 bullets slid along his ribs and hit nothing vital.  The other 8 rounds impact the getaway vehicle and had 1 stray round hit the building across the street.  Robber showed up at Clear Lake Regional Hospital later on with an unexplained gunshot wounds.  Bail for that robber was $30,000 (less than what was taken from me) and took about a year for the case to get disposed of.  He got 10 yrs.  The other robbers were not charged with that robbery, but for other cases of attempted murder, aggravated robbery, aggravated assault on a public servant (shooting at a Houston Fire Department Ambulance when it was arriving to treat a gunshot wound victim), aggravated kidnapping, assault, and domestic violence.

2010 (Left a lot of details out)
I was ambushed at the front of the business by 1 to 2 robbers with another as a getaway driver while coming from the bank.  Did not know if followed or they waited because I did not take a predictable route back.  One robber was shot 6 times in the body (center of mass) and 1 to the head.   Had one stray round hit the building 1 block away.  Robber expired at Ben Taub Hospital 30 minutes later.  The other robber that took him there was held and arrested for that robbery.  Expired robber was on bond for almost a year on another robbery charge.  He was set to go back to court within 3 weeks of my robbery for a disposition.  Other robber was just release from a 6 month stint in the Fort Bend County Jail for Burglary of a Vehicle.  He was held on $75,000 bond.  Case took 1 year, 3 months to get disposed of.  He plea bargained to 5 years TDCJ for his part in the robbery.   Used my money to hire (2) very high profile criminal attorneys.

February 2011, 1:00 am
Parking lot of a Mexican Restaurant with a group of 3 other people.  Guy doped up started going after one of my friends call him a narcotics officer because of a previous bust in the area 2 hours before hand.  He pulled out a knife and I pulled out my Glock 26 and almost shot him.  He calmly folded the knife in his pocket and walked away.  We left it at that.

February 18, 2012 9:30 pm
Some of my tenants were complaining about an extremely aggressive panhandler in the Spring Branch Area that was setting up shop and at the other property across the street.  He and at times with another panhandler would stand in front of a Korean Restaurant, Mexican Meat Market, Bakery, Convenience Store, ATM, etc and with his sheer aggressive stance get people to “donate” money.  I went there to make him leave the property that night.  Well he did not take my desire from him to leave the property and proceed to charge towards me.  I used a can of Fox Pepper spray with no effect on him, heck the blowback had no effect on me!  He proceed to tell me if I had a gun, I better us it now, or he was going to really fuck me up.  Well had enough witnesses there on my property and across the street, it would have been a very justified shooting.  Did not shoot because of the large number of bystanders there and the very fluid nature of that situation especially with the pepper spray on my glasses.   Had him arrested on March 11 when proceed to take off his pants and take a dump in front of a business during the afternoon.   Police was finally able to get their hands on him and identify the panhandler.  Get this, he had a current drivers license and a lot of arrests in Hawaii, Florida, California, and Texas.
Link Posted: 6/2/2013 11:00:43 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:  A fuck ton of WTF

Damn, dude.... If it weren't for bad luck.....lol
Link Posted: 6/2/2013 11:21:02 PM EDT
[#38]
I carry 98% of the time.
With that said I was at a 24-7 carwash 10 years ago. It was after midnight and I was washing my truck from winter grime and salt. It was above freezing so I could not resist stopping after work. 2 dudes tried to approach me walking together in the darkness. I flashed the holstered 44 (when I carried big revolvers) and they quickly split up and disappeared into the darkness.

If I didn't flash the gun, I would have been fucked with, possibly robbed.

I still wash my truck after midnight. I am still armed when I do so. I will shoot any bastards to stop them from myself getting raped or mugged.. PERIOD.
Link Posted: 6/3/2013 12:05:49 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Quoted:
This guy had been in my bedroom wearing ski gloves. Money was on the counter, untouched. My car was in the carport, and lights were on as though I was home as usual.
Wow. That's creepy. Scary, to think that he was there for something other than money and possessions...  
Glad you dodged that bullet.

Yeah, I know. In the first hour or so I was just shaking and scared. Then I started thinking about WHERE he was, and what would have happened on any other night when I didn't randomly meet neighbors. When he pushed the sliders curtain away to run out the door is about the time I screamed, and mentally took a picture that I always have with me. I remember to this day his hat, his shirt, and his gloves.

I dodged something that night.

eta: and I also wonder about the time it TOOK for me to put my key in the lock, and THEN say goodnight to my neighbors. He obviously heard me talking to other people. What if I had walked in alone quietly? There were lot's of what if's rolling around my brain that next year. I rented rooms from others, rather then live alone after that.  

Link Posted: 6/3/2013 1:05:35 AM EDT
[#40]
POS stole my truck and came by the house with garage opener to take some more stuff.  tried to run me over so i shot up my own truck causing him to crash.  got him in the leg, and when he got out, his said "fuck man" like he couldnt understand why i was so pissed at him.   He is now dead for trying to run over some cops.  he was out of heroin.

fuck him.  everytime i see the damage he did to my truck, i wish there was a way to punish him more.

Link Posted: 6/3/2013 1:14:26 AM EDT
[#41]
The most recent:

On Hollywood Blvd about a month ago, I noticed a guy eyeballing my camera, and setting himself in postion to make the grab. I moved away, noting that he moved with me, maintaining his proximity. He wasn't even really trying to conceal his intentions. I turned to him and said "I know what you're thinking, and if you take another step in my direction,  I promise you I'll beat the goddamn piss out of you." I meant it, too; my blood was up. He looked at me, and I guess seeing that I wasn't joking, turned and left.

The chick dressed as Catwoman and the people getting their pics taken with here were like .

Funny how the only times anyone has ever taken note of my camera with evil intent, it's always been in the L.A. area. And my brother wonders why I hate that fucking place.
Link Posted: 6/3/2013 1:27:46 AM EDT
[#42]
Pidgeon forge TN late at night leaving a business well after closing, way before cell phones.

3 young men are leaning on our car as we exit, parking lot is otherwise empty and owners do not find it in their interest to respond to my wife beating on their door. I send her to a relatively sheltered position and go out to confront our friends.

I put on my big boy britches and march out. About 20 yards out their is a noticably shift in my direction and I ask them if I can be of any assistance as my right hand shifts toward a kidney position under my jacket. I would have normally caried a 1911 in a Roy's Hidden Thunder rig here (My age showing?). On this night I only had a big folding knife, an impact weapon. No more was required, thankfully. My wife brought this up in conversation just the other day coincidently.

Was in a drinking establishment in a college town in  my state, before I married my wife (we had just met and she was not there). I was with a close friend (wimp), his girl friend and her brother (disabled). The girl was going to the bathroom and I was watching her (she really did have a nice backside)  when a young man in a booth with three others, reached out and gabbed her on the ass. Well, I knew at that moment I needed to make a decision, walk out, prepare to fight it out with my hapless friend, or deal with it myself. I chose the latter, knowing my allies.

I walked up to the offending character from behind and put my arm around his shoulder, I told him in my best redneck accent that he shouldn't have done that, and if she comes back he should apppologize. If he had not obliged, I was going to smash him in the face with a beer bottle, deal with his frat brother directly opposite, and hopefully dissect the other two on the inside of the booth at my leisure. I was wearing hard soled boots issued at PI, carrying a cold steel tanto folding knife and was had an impact weapon.(two, if you cosidered the bottle). I lingered for a moment, giving them the opprotunity to be stupid

You could tell by looking at them that they were soft and pink kids from Brookwood or Hoover and we had totally differing expectations of the level of violence that was about to transpire, they would have never stood a chance. Then again, as soon as she had her apology, we cleared out before reinforecement could arrive (at my insistance). There are dozens of people that could identify me based on that story alone from word of mouth, I never told anybody about this but my wife and this forum and this was over a decade ago.

I am a certifiable intgernet badass.
Link Posted: 6/3/2013 4:47:36 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

2010 (Left a lot of details out)
I was ambushed at the front of the business by 1 to 2 robbers with another as a getaway driver while coming from the bank.  Did not know if followed or they waited because I did not take a predictable route back.  One robber was shot 6 times in the body (center of mass) and 1 to the head.   Had one stray round hit the building 1 block away.  Robber expired at Ben Taub Hospital 30 minutes later.  The other robber that took him there was held and arrested for that robbery.  Expired robber was on bond for almost a year on another robbery charge.  He was set to go back to court within 3 weeks of my robbery for a disposition.  Other robber was just release from a 6 month stint in the Fort Bend County Jail for Burglary of a Vehicle.  He was held on $75,000 bond.  Case took 1 year, 3 months to get disposed of.  He plea bargained to 5 years TDCJ for his part in the robbery.   Used my money to hire (2) very high profile criminal attorneys.

7 shots placed in a gunfight is incredible.
Link Posted: 6/3/2013 5:43:24 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sounds like McPeek's, or whatever the name was on 517. Karaoke nights were interesting in there.
The bar was JBs , it was on Ringwood ave in Wanaque , previously it was the American House for years. The garden center the caught the one guy was

MAX IS BACK on rt 23 in the Butler/ Kinnelon area , the bank was in that mall by the old bowling alley

Link Posted: 6/3/2013 5:50:11 AM EDT
[#45]
Late 1980's I was an access control (card reader) tech and ran service calls very late at night in the DC metro area. I would secure buildings that had a lock or card reader fail. I drove a company van, but usually worked out of a tool case that kind of looks like a big briefcase.  

I have been eyeballed from everyone from hookers to gangsters, but they probably felt that the big redneck looking white guy is just working, and if he had any money he wouldn't be working at 2:00 AM so I was never harassed until one night in Georgetown (preppy city).  It was significantly after midnight I have the tool case open working on a key reader or lock, when two really drunk college fraternity looking guys come up running their mouths.  Both of them were stupid drunk; I didn't say a word, just flipped up the bottom divider on my case where my 1911 lived late at night.  Both of them literally whimpered as they ran away.
Link Posted: 6/3/2013 6:06:35 AM EDT
[#46]
Subscribed.
Link Posted: 6/3/2013 6:40:59 AM EDT
[#47]
I have worked as a probation or parole officer for the last 13 years.  About 2-3 years in as a Parole Officer I had been getting threats through rumor by some snitches I had that a guy I sent to prison was getting out and "would be looking" for me.  

I was a bachelor and lived in a garage apt owned by a local police officer who had his cruiser in the lower driveway.  I was getting ready for work. and saw a shadow go by my window on my porch.  There was absolutely no reason for anybody to be going by that window at 600 AM.  I peeked through the blinds discreetly and it was this shithead.  I called 911 and the sheriffs station was literally 1/2 mile away.  I got my Sig P228 and crawled out my bedroom window on the other side of the building.  I  was parked in a parking place above my apt.

I crept up around the building in my sneakers and sweatpants and could see his shadow from the street light as he was crouched down behind my truck.  I came up behind him within a couple feet and lit him up with my surefire and cocked the hammer on that Sig.  He froze.  I told him if he moved that prison was gonna be the best place I ever sent him.  

I proned him out  and stood on his neck until three cruisers showed up.  They searched him and found a 6" bowie knife in his waistband, and a bunch of illegal Rx pills in his pocket.    His sister was sitting down the street waiting for him.  They went down to inform her he was going to jail and "smelled" weed in the car.  They pull her out and search the car and find all kinds of stolen property from several area burglaries as well as burglary tools.  

He went back on several burglary charges and the Judge ran all the sentences consecutively I think as a nod to what he was planning on doing to me since there were no real charges to file on it particularly.  

About 2 years later he got shanked in prison yard brawl and died in the hopsital about 6 weeks later....

Link Posted: 6/3/2013 7:28:45 AM EDT
[#48]
June 1989 Was working as a HACK for the county I lived in (Horse's Ass Carrying Keys, ie Jailer).  Had just come home from work, and was getting ready to go to bed, when I heard a thump on the wall.  Looked out the window, and there was a ladder propped up on the wall (2nd floor apt).  I woke up my roomie, and we sat on each side of the window and waited...the douchebag climbs in and gets greeted by my Ruger GP100 in the left ear, and roomie's 20 Gauge in the right ear.  He was a "regular customer" at the county lockup, dope fiend who minored in buglary.  He got 5 years and dirty underwear for that one...and was quite apologetic when I saw him at work the next day.

August 1989 was sent to a conference/training event up at Cobb County SO.  Walking back to the hotel the third evening, was discussing which titty bar to go to with a fellow attendee, and a guy in a hoodie (It's August in Georgia!) waving a knife and demanding our wallets.  Poor sap could not understand why we were laughing at him until we both pulled down on him...then he found out he just tried to rob two cops.  10 years for that dumbfuck.

Fast forward to 1995, was in the Navy, stationed in Cali.  Came home from leave, and found our house robbed.  Living on base, we were required to inform Security when we were going to be gone for more than 1 week.  Can you see where this is leading?  After several other burglaries, NCIS gets suspicious, and sets up a sting.  Turns out the burglaries were being committed by Station Security officers, all of the active duty.  16 MPs got caught, Court Martialed, and sent off to Leavenworth...but that's not the end of it.  They get new replacements in...and 12 of them get pinched for the same thing, this time stealing computers from station offices after hours.  NAS Lemoore Security Dept never got over that black eye...
Link Posted: 6/3/2013 7:49:11 AM EDT
[#49]
Driving throught Beaumont, Texas about 2:00AM on the way back home.

We are in my vehicle but my friend is driving. We are on I-10 headed west and my friend accidentally cuts off a guy in an old Honda accord that belongs in the ghetto.

Not three seconds later, the fucker pulls up next to me and holds what is either a Mac-10 or an Uzi out the window and has it pointed at my face. He's yelling and trying manuver the gun into firing. We went from 70 to 0 after my friend slammed the breaks and turned to his right to get away from the driver window.

I've never been so pissed/scared in my life.
Link Posted: 6/3/2013 7:56:59 AM EDT
[#50]
So my GF sons are acting up and drunk we call the cops. They take off except for my 19 y/o cousin who cant make it out of the yard we put him to bed then go to sleep ourselves. about an hour later I wake up holding my girl with a flashlight in my face. Apparently Officer Gullickson has taken it upon himself to walk into our house. He tells us we are under arrest for disorderly and contributing. Once he gets the cuffs on he gives a girlyman squeeze of my upper arm pressure point and asks if I want to resist in a whisper. They ransack our house and find nothing of course and we spend the weekend on BS made up charges on the account of a lying scumbag.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top