Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/16/2017 8:15:10 PM EDT
Tired of wearing dress shoes and having the soles wear out too fast. Especially the back and outer edge of my soles wears out faster than the inner side.

are their any dress shoes wear the soles are super resistant to wearing down?

if not, then I'm looking to get a pair of business casual shoes that are comfortable and can last a long time.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 8:16:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Maybe you walk funny. Step don't scuff. 
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 8:18:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Maybe you walk funny. Step don't scuff. 
View Quote
i tried to compensate by walking wider stance and putting more pressure on my inner heal than outer

still, i think its tough because my feet naturaly arent flat, tend to lean more on the outer edge of my soles.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 8:20:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Buy a set of real shoes (Allen Edmunds aren't terrible), scuff the leather sole a bit, and have your local shoe person put on a Topy sole.

A year or three later down the road when the topy wears out, put on another one for another $5.

Thread = over.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 8:20:35 PM EDT
[#4]
There are none. Develop a relationship with a good cobbler. Buy 2 or 3 pair of the same shoes and rotate them.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 8:22:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Ecco's supposedly have a polyurethane foam sole that is pretty wear resistant...

I can't comment on longevity though - I only had them 6 months or so before I got transferred and went back to duty boots. They look pretty new, still.

ETA: I have the same problem as the OP - oversupination is what I think the term is called.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 8:22:17 PM EDT
[#6]
ECCO. My job has me on my feet working constantly.

They're the most durable I've found. And comfortable.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 8:24:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Cole haan is owned by nike and uses nike soles and nike air chambers.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 8:24:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Mine wear out on the outer rear quarter of both heels every 9 months or so.  I just take them to the cobbler (shoe guy) and he puts new heels on, $25 bucks.  The shoes are Bostonians and not real pricey ~$150, but very comfortable.  You're not going change how you walk, just buy a good pair of shoes and buy new heels.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 8:55:11 PM EDT
[#9]
I wear Corcoran jump boots and pants long enough that nobody ever notices.  Seems to work for me but YMMV.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 9:53:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
ECCO. My job has me on my feet working constantly.

They're the most durable I've found. And comfortable.
View Quote
Only thing I don't like is the look of some Eco shoes.
They look like something my grandpa would wear
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 11:05:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Mine wear out on the outer rear quarter of both heels every 9 months or so.  I just take them to the cobbler (shoe guy) and he puts new heels on, $25 bucks.  The shoes are Bostonians and not real pricey ~$150, but very comfortable.  You're not going change how you walk, just buy a good pair of shoes and buy new heels.
View Quote
Funny when people say "cobbler" not incorrect just outdated.
not that I care
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top