Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 4/10/2011 10:25:29 AM EDT
The worst pain I have ever experienced was cutting off the tip of my right middle finger with a steel cutting porta-ban saw. That was agony for many days. I felt it all through my skeleton when they cleaned the bone up.

The second worst was impaling myself in the back of my right thigh on a fence I was welding. I stuck myself while hopping over it (sharp flur-de-lay finials) and hung there. Ripped a dollar bill size hole in the back of my leg and stuck in the muscle. I could see my muscle move back & forth. damn.

You?
Link Posted: 4/10/2011 10:34:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Toss up between an unexpected sneeze around 3 weeks after open heart surgery and a toothache last fall.
Link Posted: 4/10/2011 10:38:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Every day I wake up I'm thankful that I've never had a kidney stone. I can tell when a guy comes to the ER for one easily, he's curled up in the fetal position and crying for us to put him out of his misery.
Link Posted: 4/10/2011 10:38:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Spiral fracture of the femur...specifically when the doc set the fracture in the backseat of the POS car that I was transported to the hospital in (30 minute drive over rough roads) because he didn't want to move me without some form of stabilization. Good times!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/10/2011 10:38:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Being Tased.  I volunteered.
Link Posted: 4/10/2011 10:39:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Kidney stone
Link Posted: 4/10/2011 10:40:24 AM EDT
[#6]
abscessed tooth, or being awake to get my broken nose re-set.
Link Posted: 4/10/2011 10:41:56 AM EDT
[#7]
im gonna have to go with tooth pain unless something else jogs my memory
Link Posted: 4/10/2011 10:42:27 AM EDT
[#8]
broke both of my collar bones. It felt like my shoulders were going to fall off and there wasn't one single way I could lay and get comfortable.
Link Posted: 4/10/2011 10:42:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

they put me out to re break and set mine
Link Posted: 4/10/2011 10:42:48 AM EDT
[#10]
OC crowd control spray.
Link Posted: 4/10/2011 10:43:15 AM EDT
[#11]
I don't know why OP but  I laughed at the thought of someone with their leg impaled on one of those fences hanging there.  Glad it didn't kill you though.
Link Posted: 4/10/2011 10:43:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Tissue evultion ring finger left hand and, before I knew I had kidney cancer, I would eat breakfast then end up on the floor in pure agony.  Finger involved a pain block where the Dr. would pull the skin back and stab the pain killer around the bone.  Dr told me that the cancer was about the size of a nerf football and pressed against my organs.  Took three days to decide to see the Dr.
Link Posted: 4/10/2011 10:43:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Hmm...

Either tooth pain, or any of the 4 times I've broken my nose.
Link Posted: 4/10/2011 10:43:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Besides various wrist and arm breaks as a child, I've been stabbed by a knife, shot, broken my hip and broken my back. By far the broken hip was the worst pain I've ever felt in my life. I'd rather be stabbed, shot and break my back again before breaking another hip.
Link Posted: 4/10/2011 10:43:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Smashed knee cap - Hurt so bad that I couldn't move.......snapped the tendons and all the muscles ripped as well.

Fell off a 40ft wall, broke elbow, ribs and landed on some steel reinforcing bar that went through the crotch om my trouses missed by junk, went past my stomach and chest and penetrated under my jaw, through my tongue, through my pallet and and into my nasal cavity by a half inch......  Everything hurt that day but the pallet and tongue injuries were worst

I was lucky, and there's lots of people who are plenty worse off than me........ Cancer, passing a kidney stone etc.
Link Posted: 4/10/2011 10:45:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Completely hyperextended 3 knuckles in my pinky, bending it back to my wrist watch.

Full rupture of the Anterior Talofibular and Calcaneo-Fibular Ligaments in my ankle during a foot pursuit.

Backhoe bucket tooth to the back of the skull.

Over a dozen kidney stones, 3 of which ended up in the ER.

You pick
Link Posted: 4/10/2011 10:46:07 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Smashed knee cap - Hurt so bad that I couldn't move.......snapped the tendons and all the muscles ripped as well.

Fell off a 40ft wall, broke elbow, ribs and landed on some steel reinforcing bar that went through the crotch om my trouses missed by junk, went past my stomach and chest and penetrated under my jaw, through my tongue, through my pallet and and into my nasal cavity by a half inch......  Everything hurt that day but the pallet and tongue injuries were worst

WHAT THE MOTHER BANGING HELL MAN

glad you're alive, and not a vegetable
Link Posted: 4/10/2011 10:46:43 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Every day I wake up I'm thankful that I've never had a kidney stone. I can tell when a guy comes to the ER for one easily, he's curled up in the fetal position and crying for us to put him out of his misery.

You worked at the ER I always went to?!?
Link Posted: 4/10/2011 10:48:30 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Kidney stone

This ...........more than once!
Link Posted: 4/10/2011 10:49:16 AM EDT
[#20]
felt like I was gonna die?  food poisoning

pain that I thought would last forever and everything I did other than sit/stand still, hurt like a mofo?  cracked ribs
Link Posted: 4/10/2011 10:49:36 AM EDT
[#21]
Four kidney stones  morphine good !
Link Posted: 4/10/2011 10:49:42 AM EDT
[#22]
I once stabbed my left index finger at the joint between the finger and hand. Went all the way to the bone. Didn't hurt that bad, I stopped the bleeding, etc. However, I had pain in that finger for nearly a year.

And then once I stubbed my toe on a 50 caliber ammo can loaded with 10 or 15 M16 mags.

Oh, and shooting 3'' magnum high velocity slugs.

I really don't have much to complain about.
Link Posted: 4/10/2011 10:50:49 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

you "win"
Link Posted: 4/10/2011 10:51:53 AM EDT
[#24]
Dehydration and horrible horrible bowel issues. The latter has actually caused me to pass out from the pain before.
Link Posted: 4/10/2011 10:52:41 AM EDT
[#25]
Worst pain was shattering my elbow.

Second worst... kidney infection.
Link Posted: 4/10/2011 10:53:31 AM EDT
[#26]
Intense pain?  How about ripping a thumb nail clear off?  Then, because there was dirt all around, I figured it needed washing out.  But the water was near freezing.

Link Posted: 4/10/2011 10:53:48 AM EDT
[#27]
Splinter..Got you all beat..

Link Posted: 4/10/2011 10:54:56 AM EDT
[#28]
Shattered my left tibia, broke the other two, and dislocated the ankle during the last woodsball game of the day.  You could hear the *POP* from across the field.  EMT had to hold my ankle to the hospital.

Laid in the ER for six hours before some internist came for a look and his jaw dropped to the floor.
Link Posted: 4/10/2011 10:55:07 AM EDT
[#29]
Pinched nerve in my back about a year ago.

Worst pain I've ever experienced.
Link Posted: 4/10/2011 10:57:51 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

I was lucky, and there's lots of people who are plenty worse off than me........ Cancer, passing a kidney stone etc.
you win

glad u made it through that

Link Posted: 4/10/2011 10:58:32 AM EDT
[#31]
Debridement of third degree burns on my legs.
Link Posted: 4/10/2011 10:58:42 AM EDT
[#32]
Kidney stones, specifically passing a 4mm kidney stone whole. I f-ing hate those things,
Link Posted: 4/10/2011 10:59:33 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Holy shit!

Link Posted: 4/10/2011 11:00:30 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I think I heard about you on a TV show. Either way wow!
Link Posted: 4/10/2011 11:00:47 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Holy shit!

Technically, he should be dead.
Link Posted: 4/10/2011 11:08:32 AM EDT
[#36]
Kidney stones , and broke both legs.
Link Posted: 4/10/2011 11:11:04 AM EDT
[#37]
Wow, I have nothing on you all.

My worst pain would be hyperflexing my knee, prostate spasms when I sneeze(feels like someone jamming a knife in me), or constant chest pain from three herniated discs in my thoracic spine that feels like a heart attack.

I'd also like to add kidney stones and cervicogenic headaches.
Link Posted: 4/10/2011 11:11:08 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

How long were you impaled like that?  How did they remove it?  I assume they cut it and took you to the hospital.  Could you feel it when they were cutting the rebar (assuming you were still conscious).  I'll nth time reiterate the "holy fuck" comment.
Link Posted: 4/10/2011 11:12:44 AM EDT
[#39]
Sledding accident-Broken T-8 vertabrae, torn sub-scapularis muscle at age 14. Sat in a recliner for 6 days before I could lay down or take a full breath.
My kid brother would act up to make me laugh because he knew that would then make me cry in pain. Yes, I did get even.
Link Posted: 4/10/2011 11:14:32 AM EDT
[#40]
8 foot fall off a ladder and landed on one leg. One leg it seems cannot handle the shock of such a fall. Second was smashing a 1/2 inch of my rung finger off between a fork truck and a concrete pillar. The smashing didn't hurt as much as the doctor scraping the wound every day to build up my finger.
Link Posted: 4/10/2011 11:17:12 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Kidney stone

This

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/10/2011 11:17:41 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

I second the nose being re-set. NOT FUN!!!

Link Posted: 4/10/2011 11:19:58 AM EDT
[#43]
Stabbed in the face. That sucked.
Link Posted: 4/10/2011 11:21:09 AM EDT
[#44]
Infection from a failed root canal.  Seething, vehement, persistent pain, with no way to relieve it.  Only thing close was a bulged disc.  Most trauma I've suffered has been relatively pain free, either due to shock or how I perceive pain, from smashing my finger in a 400 ton press to skidding down the road at 40 mph.  None of that, at point of injury or recovery came close to that root canal infection.
Link Posted: 4/10/2011 11:21:31 AM EDT
[#45]
5mm kidney stone.
Link Posted: 4/10/2011 11:22:25 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

fuckinell funky , i was going to say my back but if feel all better now

Link Posted: 4/10/2011 11:25:35 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Debridement of third degree burns on my legs.

Makes me cringe, I hope I never have to through that.
Link Posted: 4/10/2011 11:25:56 AM EDT
[#48]
1) kidney stones!!!!!!!

2) Spinal tap
3) Getting 4 cavities filled without anesthetic
4) Having 1/4 of face sewn back on
5) skull fracture
Link Posted: 4/10/2011 11:26:53 AM EDT
[#49]

Alt-text: "If it were a two or above I wouldn't be able to answer because it would mean a pause in the screaming."
Link Posted: 4/10/2011 11:26:59 AM EDT
[#50]
Had my upper jaw sawed off and then split.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top