Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 12/29/2011 9:42:15 AM EDT
Who's it gonna be?
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 9:44:01 AM EDT
i used to like lesnar but in his last fight he realy looked like he didnt give a fuck and barely tried.. I just hope he makes a better showing this time. Lame fights are lame.
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 10:00:47 AM EDT
I was surprised he beat Shane (and bet he was, too) and of course he didn't beat Cain.

I'm going to have to say he gets Reemed.

Link Posted: 12/29/2011 10:11:21 AM EDT
Overeem by KO. Round 1.
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 10:13:16 AM EDT
Overeem may kill Lesnar.

Link Posted: 12/29/2011 10:20:11 AM EDT
Originally Posted By w15ly:
Overeem may kill Lesnar.

x2

I remember the old Overeem from his Kickboxing and Rings days.

Crazy how big he has become.

Link Posted: 12/29/2011 10:28:13 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Raclette:
Overeem may kill Lesnar.

x2

He's been taking his vitamins.....
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 10:29:03 AM EDT
Originally Posted By KILLERB6:
I was surprised he beat Shane (and bet he was, too) and of course he didn't beat Cain.

I'm going to have to say he gets Reemed.

That was Lesnar by gassing.... on Carwin's part.
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 10:31:19 AM EDT
Always find Sherdog's "The Pros Pick" interesting. The fighters they polled went slightly for Lesnar.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/Pros-Pick-Lesnar-vs-Overeem-38521
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 10:39:22 AM EDT
Originally Posted By gopeterson:
Overeem may kill Lesnar.

x2

haha

I was into MMA in the 90s back when there was Pride, Rings, M-1, Pancrase, IFC etc. Basically the Russian and Japanese organizations, don't care for the whole Strikeforce and whatnot stuff (Different times, very different ambiance etc.).

I hadn't seen Overeem for years... So recently I was trolling another forum and they were talking about MMA and one guy posts a picture of Overeem with a caption...

On a sidenote...I think it's terrible Andy Hug (RIP) died so young. For some reason I think he would sooner or later have transitioned to MMA which would in turn have served as a catalyst for MMA in CH.

Muay Thai is HUGE around here thanks to him (whereas MMA is almost non existent) and we tons of world class fighters and gyms...I guess you could say it's one of those missed opportunities
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 11:13:52 AM EDT
Overeem eats horse meat
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 11:16:11 AM EDT
Overeem may kill Lesnar.

x2

haha

I was into MMA in the 90s back when there was Pride, Rings, M-1, Pancrase, IFC etc. Basically the Russian and Japanese organizations, don't care for the whole Strikeforce and whatnot stuff (Different times, very different ambiance etc.).

I hadn't seen Overeem for years... So recently I was trolling another forum and they were talking about MMA and one guy posts a picture of Overeem with a caption...

On a sidenote...I think it's terrible Andy Hug (RIP) died so young. For some reason I think he would sooner or later have transitioned to MMA which would in turn have served as a catalyst for MMA in CH.

Muay Thai is HUGE around here thanks to him (whereas MMA is almost non existent) and we tons of world class fighters and gyms...I guess you could say it's one of those missed opportunities

Andy competed during the golden era of K-1.. Those were some amazing matches to watch
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 11:21:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/29/2011 11:23:14 AM EDT by KC-ROUGHNECK]
Big 'ol beasts.

6'3" 265lbs vs. 6'5" 256lbs

Overeem KO/TKO rd. 2
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 11:23:18 AM EDT
Lesnar is not well liked in these parts. He's a F#@%ing P.O.S..
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 11:24:05 AM EDT
I sure they have that cage bolted down, There's gonna be a shitload of bombs being thrown in that thing.
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 11:24:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/29/2011 11:25:33 AM EDT by Raclette]
Originally Posted By Jellicoe:
Overeem may kill Lesnar.

x2

haha

Andy competed during the golden era of K-1.. Those were some amazing matches to watch

I know, I know...

And it weren't just eh matches per se that were amazing...they were... It was the whole atmosphere and class... Fighters like Hug, Hoost, Aerts, Satake, Longinidis etc. Just not the same anymore I am afraid, atleast not to me...

What's nice to see however is that in CH at least there are several fighters who competed back then in K1 AND were students of Andy Hug who still fight or atleast own their own school (and quite succesfully).

Xhavit Bajrami and Azem Maksutaj for example.
Both came to CH during the Balkan wars (they're both Kosovo Albanians obviously) and are good guys, the kind of guys who give back a lot to their community and country...

And then there are students of the above who while not student of Hug directly, own their own school and claim to have been inspired by him, multiple world champion Shemsi Beqiri fe. (anoterh Kosovo Albanian).

So the whole thing goes on, Andy Hug left one hell of a legacy
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 11:31:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/29/2011 11:37:41 AM EDT by StarJumper]
I got overeem by guillotine round one.
Lesnar is going to try so hard for the takedown that he is going to leave his neck out there. Reem has been fighting forever he will take advantage.

Im also pretty excited about the Cerrone vs Nate Diaz fight.
I got the cowboy late in the 2nd by ko or rear naked due to accumulation of strikes. Cowboys must Thai is wicked and Nate is going to think he can stand with cowboy.
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 7:16:38 PM EDT
Hey OP: how about a POLL?
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 7:19:22 PM EDT
Lesnar looked like shit against Cain
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 8:10:39 PM EDT
Lesnar is like the New England Patriots this season. Everyone who isn't a long term fan hates his guts, and he has an amazing offense, but his defense is the worst out there. If you can get him a few good times in his face he can't deal with it. If he gets you defensive he's going to brutalize you.
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 8:15:19 PM EDT
Lesnar BETTER fucking bring it this time, or I'm giving up.

He is far and away my favorite MMA fighter, but man...the Cain loss disappointed sooo badly, and as the other poster said, he doesn't look like he cares lately.

But, he's a fucking scary, badass sonofabitch who's size and speed are always impressive, when he's fighting like he cares.

Bring it like ya used to, Brock!!!
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 8:30:53 PM EDT
Originally Posted By MustardTiger:

He is far and away my favorite MMA fighter, but man...the Cain loss disappointed sooo badly, and as the other poster said, he doesn't look like he cares lately.

But, he's a fucking scary, badass sonofabitch who's size and speed are always impressive, when he's fighting like he cares.

Cain was the first person to hit him in the face with force. He can't handle that. It's why he left the NFL.
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 12:39:54 AM EDT
oh god did someone admit that lesnar is their favorite fighter
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 1:04:44 AM EDT
I'm a little torn. 'Reem is a beast, experienced, and his stand-up is infinitely better than Lesnar's, but he didn't impress me much in the last fight I saw him in. He seemed a little 'timid' and didn't wanna let his hands go.

I can see Lesnar's speed and initial takedown attempts making Overeem a little hesitant, concentrating on defending the takedown. If he gets taken down, Lesnar will lay on top of him like a fucking blanket, and it will give him some confidence. If 'Reem can defend the shot a few times, Lesnar will revert to being a giant pussy, probably cry a little, get punched a couple times, run the fuck away from Overeem, and then get knocked the fuck out or tko'd.

I'm pulling for Overeem, and I hope it's brutal. I have always liked the guy, and it used to bum me out when he would gas out when he fought at 205 in Pride. He always started out dominating, then he'd get tired and lose.

The knockout at 1:27 or so is one of my favorites of all time. Such a sweet combo.
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 2:44:43 AM EDT
Originally Posted By LORD-eX-Bu:

He is barely a fighter. He is big and athletic. He will soon tire of getting punched in the face by real fighters.

Overeem should win. It will be an interesting fight.

I also see Cerrone winning. I like Nate a lot but I don't think he can stand with the cowboy.
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 2:51:15 AM EDT

Originally Posted By JohnMatrix:
Originally Posted By LORD-eX-Bu:

He is barely a fighter. He is big and athletic. He will soon tire of getting punched in the face by real fighters.

Overeem should win. It will be an interesting fight.

I also see Cerrone winning. I like Nate a lot but I don't think he can stand with the cowboy.

Hopefully he gets hit so hard his brother feels it
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 2:58:59 AM EDT
Originally Posted By KC-ROUGHNECK:
Big 'ol beasts.

http://fight-clubs.pl/files/2011/10/Lesnar_Overeem.jpg

6'3" 265lbs vs. 6'5" 256lbs

Overeem KO/TKO rd. 2

I'll fight them both at the same time to make it fair.
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 2:59:41 AM EDT
Overeem may kill Lesnar.

x2

And not cutting weight to fight at 205.
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 3:04:41 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Capt-Planet:

Cain was the first person to hit him in the face with force. He can't handle that. It's why he left the NFL.

No, Carwin was the first person to hit Lesnar in the face with force. Cain was just the first guy with cardio to do it.
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 3:20:50 AM EDT
Originally Posted By DriveNASCAR:

No, Carwin was the first person to hit Lesnar in the face with force. Cain was just the first guy with cardio to do it.

Yep, Carwin was pounding him hard, just too much too fast and he gassed out.

FYI, Carwin does not train like most of the other fighters, he actually works a full time 9-5 job in the engineering field, trains when he is not working and spending time with family, can you imagine if he was able to train like most of the fighters do before he fought cockchest lesnar. Shane would have definitely had him in round 1.

Link Posted: 12/30/2011 4:24:00 AM EDT
Originally Posted By codyXdeath:
I'm a little torn. 'Reem is a beast, experienced, and his stand-up is infinitely better than Lesnar's, but he didn't impress me much in the last fight I saw him in. He seemed a little 'timid' and didn't wanna let his hands go.

I can see Lesnar's speed and initial takedown attempts making Overeem a little hesitant, concentrating on defending the takedown. If he gets taken down, Lesnar will lay on top of him like a fucking blanket, and it will give him some confidence. If 'Reem can defend the shot a few times, Lesnar will revert to being a giant pussy, probably cry a little, get punched a couple times, run the fuck away from Overeem, and then get knocked the fuck out or tko'd.

I'm pulling for Overeem, and I hope it's brutal. I have always liked the guy, and it used to bum me out when he would gas out when he fought at 205 in Pride. He always started out dominating, then he'd get tired and lose.

The knockout at 1:27 or so is one of my favorites of all time. Such a sweet combo.

Can only imagine what happens if Overeem gets Lesnar in a Thai clinch and lets his knees fly.
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 4:29:08 AM EDT
The Vegas Book says Overeem.

Alistair Overeem (-145) vs. Brock Lesnar (+115)
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 4:29:43 AM EDT
Originally Posted By kris55:
Originally Posted By DriveNASCAR:

Yep, Carwin was pounding him hard, just too much too fast and he gassed out.

FYI, Carwin does not train like most of the other fighters, he actually works a full time 9-5 job in the engineering field, trains when he is not working and spending time with family, can you imagine if he was able to train like most of the fighters do before he fought cockchest lesnar. Shane would have definitely had him in round 1.

Amen.

I like that Carwin is a real person, though.
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 4:34:54 AM EDT
I'll take Lesnar.

Anyone with a feather-sword, grenade something tattoo'd on their entire upper torso is pretty badass.
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 4:41:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/30/2011 4:45:44 AM EDT by gopeterson]
Originally Posted By LIINTLICKR:
I'll take Lesnar.

Anyone with a feather-sword, grenade something tattoo'd on their entire upper torso is pretty badass.

It's really a giant penis. Look again.

Link Posted: 12/30/2011 4:57:47 AM EDT

I'll take Lesnar.

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l78/stubbo57/brockcock.jpg

Worst. Tattoo. Ever.

And yes, worse than Mike Tyson's.
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 6:20:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/30/2011 6:22:04 AM EDT by StarJumper]
UFC 141

Preliminary card (Facebook)

Featherweight bout: Armenia Manvel Gamburyan vs. Brazil Diego Nunes[1]

Welterweight bout: United States Matt Riddle vs. Brazil Luis Ramos[1]

Lightweight bout: United States Jacob Volkmann vs. Mexico Efrain Escudero[1]

Welterweight bout: South Korea Dong Hyun Kim vs. Canada Sean Pierson[1]

Preliminary card (televised)

Lightweight bout: Nigeria Anthony Njokuani vs. United States Danny Castillo[1]

Featherweight bout: England Ross Pearson vs. Brazil Junior Assunção[1]

Main card

Featherweight bout: United States Nam Phan vs. United States Jimy Hettes[1]

Light Heavyweight bout: Belarus Vladimir Matyushenko vs. Sweden Alexander Gustafsson[1]

Welterweight bout: United States Jon Fitch vs. United States Johny Hendricks[1]

Lightweight bout: United States Nate Diaz vs. United States Donald Cerrone[1]

Heavyweight bout: United States Brock Lesnar vs. Netherlands Alistair Overeem[1]

Link Posted: 12/30/2011 6:23:04 AM EDT
Originally Posted By StarJumper:
UFC 141

Preliminary card (Facebook)

Featherweight bout: Armenia Manvel Gamburyan vs. Brazil Diego Nunes[1]

Welterweight bout: United States Matt Riddle vs. Brazil Luis Ramos[1]

Lightweight bout: United States Jacob Volkmann vs. Mexico Efrain Escudero[1]

Welterweight bout: South Korea Dong Hyun Kim vs. Canada Sean Pierson[1]

Preliminary card (televised)

Lightweight bout: Nigeria Anthony Njokuani vs. United States Danny Castillo[1]

Featherweight bout: England Ross Pearson vs. Brazil Junior Assunção[1]

Main card

Featherweight bout: United States Nam Phan vs. United States Jimy Hettes[1]

Light Heavyweight bout: Belarus Vladimir Matyushenko vs. Sweden Alexander Gustafsson[1]

Welterweight bout: United States Jon Fitch vs. United States Johny Hendricks[1]

Lightweight bout: United States Nate Diaz vs. United States Donald Cerrone[1]

Heavyweight bout: United States Brock Lesnar vs. Netherlands Alistair Overeem[1]

I totally forgot about The Janitor vs Gustafsson!

This card is totally stacked!
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 6:26:48 AM EDT

I'll take Lesnar.

Worst. Tattoo. Ever.

You going to tell him that to his face? If he asks me, it's the best tattoo I've ever seen.
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 6:32:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/30/2011 6:32:43 AM EDT by MrMojoRising]

I'll take Lesnar.

Worst. Tattoo. Ever.

You going to tell him that to his face? If he asks me, it's the best tattoo I've ever seen.

I would have to ask him what the fuck he was thinking.

And if he killed the "artist" that did that work.
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 6:36:13 AM EDT
oversteem 1st round ko
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 6:40:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/30/2011 6:45:09 AM EDT by ZuIu]
They need to have Overeem fight Fujita again.

A great article on Fujita:

http://www.cracked.com/blog/worst-life-ever-the-story-of-kazuyuki-fujitas-skull/
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 7:23:53 AM EDT
Originally Posted By MrMojoRising:

It's representative of the fact that he felt that he was living with a knife (or sword) to his throat, because everyone in the sports industry was trying to control his career for him with out his input. It makes sense as a tattoo, but it kind of does look like a penis.
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 7:25:41 AM EDT
Ok, story makes sense.

But it couldn't look more like a dick if it had balls hanging below the guard.

Laser that shit off and start over bro.
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 7:29:31 AM EDT

I'll take Lesnar.

Worst. Tattoo. Ever.

Yeah I'm not scared to tell him that straight to his face using VOIP.
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 8:40:44 AM EDT
I'll take Lesnar.

Anyone with a feather-sword, grenade something tattoo'd on their entire upper torso had better be is pretty badass.

FIFY.
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 9:02:51 AM EDT

I'll take Lesnar.

Worst. Tattoo. Ever.

photoshop

Not saying I like the real tattoo, but that is shopped.

Link Posted: 12/30/2011 9:11:38 AM EDT
Originally Posted By v-dawg:

I'll take Lesnar.

Worst. Tattoo. Ever.

photoshop

Not saying I like the real tattoo, but that is shopped.

Of course it's photoshopped. It's supposed to be a joke.
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 9:18:37 AM EDT
The real tat isn't much better though.
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 9:19:20 AM EDT
The real tat isn't much better though.

Exactly....
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 9:23:52 AM EDT

The real tat...complete with veins and frenulum.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Top Top