Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/17/2002 6:49:59 AM EST
Was just watching Animal Planet and they had a show about a Seeing -Eye Lab having puppies. It started out with two women talking at home and it was disclosed they were PARTNERS. Later when it's confirmed by an obviously lesbian vet that the lab is pregnant the news is celebrated with a big sloppy kiss by the two on camera![shock]........Animal Planet is mostly viewed as a family show and geared toward family intertainment......Is this indoctrination or what??
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 6:57:54 AM EST
You'd have to ask the producer. FWIW, you had better get used to the fact that there are all kinds of "families" out there that may seem quite different from yours. You do children no favors by preventing them from understanding this. - another middle-aged hetero white guy
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 7:00:53 AM EST
Originally Posted By Emoto: You'd have to ask the producer. FWIW, you had better get used to the fact that there are all kinds of "families" out there that may seem quite different from yours. You do children no favors by preventing them from understanding this.
View Quote
What bullshit!!!!!!!!!! Sgtar15
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 7:05:02 AM EST
Originally Posted By Emoto: You'd have to ask the producer. FWIW, you had better get used to the fact that there are all kinds of "families" out there that may seem quite different from yours. You do children no favors by preventing them from understanding this. - another middle-aged hetero white guy
View Quote
But do I really want my very young children to be exposed to this at an early age? NO. We all realize that "diversity" is here to stay, and we will have it crammed down our throats by the media. But I can choose to shelter my children until I ( not the network) think it is appropriate to expose them to this crap.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 7:08:02 AM EST
[Last Edit: 7/17/2002 7:21:06 AM EST by P806]
Emoto, You should keep remarks like that in the "alternative" forums where you probably frequent. (spelling)
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 7:10:01 AM EST
What about the two ZooBooMafoo dudes that are seen in a bathtub together(with a monkey no less). That image still haunts me.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 7:13:13 AM EST
Originally Posted By Emoto: You'd have to ask the producer. FWIW, you had better get used to the fact that there are all kinds of "families" out there that may seem quite different from yours. You do children no favors by preventing them from understanding this. - another middle-aged hetero white guy
View Quote
[puke]
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 7:18:44 AM EST
The title of this thread reads more like a advertisement than a warning. I'm ashamed to say that I immediately turned to animal planet and was greatly disappointed.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 7:24:49 AM EST
Originally Posted By deadeye47: Was just watching Animal Planet and they had a show about a Seeing -Eye Lab having puppies. It started out with two women talking at home and it was disclosed they were PARTNERS. Later when it's confirmed by an obviously lesbian vet that the lab is pregnant the news is celebrated with a big sloppy kiss by the two on camera![shock]........Animal Planet is mostly viewed as a family show and geared toward family intertainment......Is this indoctrination or what??
View Quote
Why does this suprise you? They're a bunch of statist animal rights freaks. They glorify taking down "animal poachers" and crap like that. One episode I watched they had cops with machineguns run into this Chinese herbal shop in Vancover because they were selling black bear gall bladders. Then in Texas, they stopped these hunters from shooting mass amounts of geese on their own private property. I know poaching is wrong, but damn, I'm sure glad the state is SO worried about a bunch of f#$king animals vs. human life. Give me a break. Hey Emoto, so rug munching is OK FOR CHILDREN to learn to you? themao [chainsawkill]
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 7:28:37 AM EST
I keep missing the lesbians, but I think that "animal psychic" should be locked up for fraud.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 7:44:56 AM EST
Originally Posted By deadeye47: Was just watching Animal Planet and they had a show about a Seeing -Eye Lab having puppies. It started out with two women talking at home and it was disclosed they were PARTNERS. Later when it's confirmed by an obviously lesbian vet that the lab is pregnant the news is celebrated with a big sloppy kiss by the two on camera![shock]........Animal Planet is mostly viewed as a family show and geared toward family intertainment......Is this indoctrination or what??
View Quote
All I can say about this is Yikes. If I had young children, I probably wouldnt let them view that yet, and I would wait till they would be a bit older and more matured...i dunno...but still, Yikes...
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 7:51:24 AM EST
View Quote
Fag! [:)]
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 8:00:55 AM EST
View Quote
First, I DON'T have to get used to a damn thing. My little ones aren't about to be indoctrinated. When the time comes for us to explain homosexuals to them, we will do so. Further, it isn't about "families" that "seem" different. They ARE different. A mommy and a mommy isn't a FAMILY...a daddy and a daddy isn't a FAMILY. As has been argued here before, where do YOU draw the lines? Why not include the sick pervs who like animals? Who are WE to set standards...right? No...a family is two heterosexual parents of different genders. I for one will NOT give in easily to the homosexual agenda and progaganda that has one simple, overriding goal in mind: TOTAL ACCEPTANCE BY MAINSTREAM AMERICAN SOCIETY. This program is being waged on a broad front, from the military to Animal Planet. Think about this for just a minute: What if (when) the homosexuals gain total [legal] equality in our society? Consider the broad legal, cultural and financial ramifications of that for just a minute...[shock]
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 8:05:58 AM EST
Originally Posted By Emoto: You'd have to ask the producer. FWIW, you had better get used to the fact that there are all kinds of "families" out there that may seem quite different from yours. You do children no favors by preventing them from understanding this.
View Quote
No. There is only one kind of family. Just like there is only one kind of relationship, between a man and a woman. Two men commiting homosexual sodomy is not "a family". A brother and sister having kids is not "a family". To hold otherwise is to accept that the sick f_cks who called themselves the "Manson family" were a family. You can do no greater service to children than to educate them to understand that there is a war against truth being waged by a bunch of marxist liberal jackasses who are morally bankrupt degenerates.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 8:11:43 AM EST
Originally Posted By themao: Then in Texas, they stopped these hunters from shooting mass amounts of geese on their own private property.
View Quote
Let them come onto my private property while I am brandishing firearms...and Animal Planet can be there to record a terrible "hunting accident."
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 8:16:31 AM EST
> But do I really want my very young children > to be exposed to this at an early age? NO. Of course not. Everyone with children needs to carefully choose the timing of when to teach them about stuff that is correct for that particular child. I don't think that is a controversial statement. > We all realize that "diversity" is here to stay, and we will have it crammed down our throats by the media. But I can choose to shelter my children until I ( not the network) think it is appropriate to expose them to this crap. And, as a good parent, that is exactly what you should be doing. Nothing new here. Most folks seem to know that the TV is not a good baby-sitter.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 8:19:43 AM EST
Originally Posted By Emoto: You'd have to ask the producer.
View Quote
If you really have to ASK, then you're more naive than I think. Of fricken course that is indoctrination! It started in the late 80's and early 90's when we began making light-hearted jokes about gay people and couples. Now, it has evolved into serious gay characters and couples who are on prime-time tv. The homo's have insideously made themselves "mainstream," thanks to the ultra-liberal media and their sewer-level morals. Sadly, the kids who watch this stuff are brainwashed into thinking that being gay is the same as being straight- WRONG!
Originally Posted By Emoto: FWIW, you had better get used to the fact that there are all kinds of "families" out there that may seem quite different from yours. You do children no favors by preventing them from understanding this.
View Quote
My kids don't need to see this crap until I decide it is time for them to understand it. The media has no damn right to indoctrinate their values into anyone else's children. My kids should be able to watch network TV from 5pm-8pm without getting a lesson in being gay.
View Quote
- another middle-aged hetero white guy
View Quote
Are you sure about that? You need to add:"another...white guy "that's lived in a liberal state for way too long, because now I think the gay agenda should be rammed down children's throats during prime-time tv." You sicken me. [vomit]
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 8:21:00 AM EST
[Last Edit: 7/17/2002 8:28:58 AM EST by GodBlessTexas]
View Quote
Preventing them from understanding it? No, I'll be one of those "hatemongering homophobes" that teaches my kids that homosexuality is [b]wrong[/b] and a family involves mommy, daddy, and the children. Mommy and mommy or daddy and daddy daddy, or hell, even mommy, daddy, stepmommy and stepdaddy is wrong cuz if you're going to get married you damn sure better make sure she's not crazy and insufferable before you say "I do." I've known some butch dykes (their phrase to identify them as the "top" in the "relationship") in my days, and while they try to look like a man, they aren't. Knowing how cruel kids are, I can't imagine why someone would willingly put their children through that. Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 8:22:19 AM EST
[Last Edit: 7/17/2002 8:29:45 AM EST by GodBlessTexas]
Originally Posted By rcsguns: What about the two ZooBooMafoo dudes that are seen in a bathtub together(with a monkey no less). That image still haunts me.
View Quote
Those two guys are brothers, and I've never seen them bathe together on the show. My daughter loves that show. Edited to add: It's a lemur by the way, not a monkey. [;D] Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 8:22:28 AM EST
Further proof that the liberals own almost most of the TV related businesses. BigDozer66
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 8:22:36 AM EST
[Last Edit: 7/17/2002 8:25:07 AM EST by dissipator556]
Originally Posted By Emoto: You'd have to ask the producer.
View Quote
If you really have to ASK, then you're more naive than I think. Of fricken course that is indoctrination! It started in the late 80's and early 90's when we began making light-hearted jokes about gay people and couples. Now, it has evolved into serious gay characters and couples who are on prime-time tv. The homo's have insideously made themselves "mainstream," thanks to the ultra-liberal media and their sewer-level morals. Sadly, the kids who watch this stuff are brainwashed into thinking that being gay is the same as being straight- WRONG!
Originally Posted By Emoto: FWIW, you had better get used to the fact that there are all kinds of "families" out there that may seem quite different from yours. You do children no favors by preventing them from understanding this.
View Quote
My kids don't need to see this crap until I decide it is time for them to understand it. The media has no damn right to indoctrinate their values into anyone else's children. My kids should be able to watch network TV from 5pm-8pm without getting a lesson in being gay.
View Quote
Originally Posted By Emoto: - another middle-aged hetero white guy
View Quote
Are you sure about that? You need to add:"another...white guy "that's lived in a liberal state for way too long, because now I think the gay agenda should be rammed down children's throats during prime-time tv." You sicken me. [puke] Now get back to the democrap underground site where your little troll ass belongs.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 8:27:11 AM EST
Originally Posted By LWilde: > First, I DON'T have to get used to a damn thing. Have it your way. Insist on being upset about gay people. Frankly, I couldn't care less who sleeps with who. > My little ones aren't about to be indoctrinated. When the time comes for us to explain homosexuals to them, we will do so. That's as it should be. > Further, it isn't about "families" that "seem" different. They ARE different. A mommy and a mommy isn't a FAMILY...a daddy and a daddy isn't a FAMILY. As has been argued here before, where do YOU draw the lines? Why not include the sick pervs who like animals? Who are WE to set standards...right? No...a family is two heterosexual parents of different genders. I think it's pretty silly to try to argue that non-traditional families have no claim to the name by bringing up beastiality. > I for one will NOT give in easily to the homosexual agenda and progaganda that has one simple, overriding goal in mind: TOTAL ACCEPTANCE BY MAINSTREAM AMERICAN SOCIETY. > Think about this for just a minute: What if (when) the homosexuals gain total [legal] equality in our society? Consider the broad legal, cultural and financial ramifications of that for just a minute...[shock]
View Quote
And just what are those consequences? Seriously. What do I care if person A loves or marries person B or person C? Religious considerations aside, what am I missing in terms of these consequences?
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 8:45:53 AM EST
Originally Posted By LWilde: First, I DON'T have to get used to a damn thing. My little ones aren't about to be indoctrinated. When the time comes for us to explain homosexuals to them, we will do so. Further, it isn't about "families" that "seem" different. They ARE different. A mommy and a mommy isn't a FAMILY...a daddy and a daddy isn't a FAMILY. As has been argued here before, where do YOU draw the lines? Why not include the sick pervs who like animals? Who are WE to set standards...right? No...a family is two heterosexual parents of different genders. I for one will NOT give in easily to the homosexual agenda and progaganda that has one simple, overriding goal in mind: TOTAL ACCEPTANCE BY MAINSTREAM AMERICAN SOCIETY. This program is being waged on a broad front, from the military to Animal Planet. Think about this for just a minute: What if (when) the homosexuals gain total [legal] equality in our society? Consider the broad legal, cultural and financial ramifications of that for just a minute...[shock]
View Quote
Hear, hear! Right in the X-ring, sir.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 8:47:13 AM EST
Amazing how one voice of dissent pisses people off, eh? You would think firearms owners, with all the BS we have had to endure would be less quick to judge. Hey, and for those of you prefessing to toss cookies over my remarks, watch out for your shoes! :-) Seems like there are two threads here: 1) homosexuality is immoral, disgusting, etc. 2) TV should be free of things like homosexuality so children can watch it For #1 there is no response other than to each his own. I don't want anything to do with those "alternate" lifestyles, but I won't deny someone else the freedom to do as they please, nor do I think the government ought to be in the business of deciding anything on matters of the heart. For #2, the way to have an effect on programming is to write the *sponsors* telling them why you aren't going to watch show X anymore, and cc the network. When the networks hear from sponsors, they listen. Until then, maybe restrict the kids to the discovery channel or pax, or one of those, no?
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 8:57:57 AM EST
[:K] ALERT???
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 9:02:56 AM EST
Originally Posted By Emoto: Amazing how one voice of dissent pisses people off, eh?
View Quote
Yes, thank you for bravely toeing the liberal/we are the world/give freaks a chance/democrat party line. It's a very bold and stouthearted thing to do here in this fairly conservative environment. Actually, I doubt anyone here would care either way what people do behind closed doors and window blinds if they weren't actively campaigning to have their perversions forcibly preached as "normal," which they decidedly are not.
Seems like there are two threads here: 1) homosexuality is immoral, disgusting, etc. 2) TV should be free of things like homosexuality so children can watch it For #1 there is no response other than to each his own. I don't want anything to do with those "alternate" lifestyles, but I won't deny someone else the freedom to do as they please, nor do I think the government ought to be in the business of deciding anything on matters of the heart.
View Quote
Again, if no one other than those taking part ever had to have any contact with it, I say "Who does it hurt other than those involved?" But they want to teach it in schools as "normal," and it definitely is not. They don't want "tolerance," they want mainstream acceptance and government sponsorship.
For #2, the way to have an effect on programming is to write the *sponsors* telling them why you aren't going to watch show X anymore, and cc the network. When the networks hear from sponsors, they listen. Until then, maybe restrict the kids to the discovery channel or pax, or one of those, no?
View Quote
Were you paying attention at all to what was posted? This program with lesbians sucking face was on the show "Animal Planet." That [b]IS[/b] the Discovery Channel!
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 9:08:04 AM EST
Originally Posted By LWilde: [:K] ALERT???
View Quote
Nope. Not at all. You won't find anyone more in favor of striking down bad laws (like the gun laws) than me. Bought my first AR-15 around 1977 and wish I had never sold it. Picked up a Colt match target hbar not long ago and found this site while surfing around. I'm not trying to yank anybody's chain, but I will speak my mind from time to time...
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 9:11:32 AM EST
[Last Edit: 7/17/2002 9:26:53 AM EST by deadeye47]
I'm no Einstein and pretty much ignorant but my personal feelings about the homo lifestyle is that it is deviant and not normal. I feel if they become "normal" due to the media indoctrinations then our (MY) tax dollars will be spent on even more special intrest bullshit than it is now. Aids research for example so they can continue "their lifestyle" with out the repercussions of it. I'm talking about the needle users and butt pirates. Who cares if aids is spreading like wildfire through the U.S. and Africa! Is it the U.S. tax payers responsibility to come up with a cure? Its MOTHER NATURES way of clensing things when they get FOULED up! It will run it's course and everything will be normal again. Hey,I'm not going to catch Aids unless its from a person that has it and it gets in a cut or something. If so....then hey, you can have my favorite seat at the movies. It's refered to as thinning the herds. Anyway, I don't think kids should be allowed to view this crap until they can really comprehend it. The name of the series on Animal Planet, if anyone cares, is "Thats My Baby"- "TIA". I wrote several e-mails to a couple of addresses on the site to vent my spleen and of course to tell them I would NOT be viewing any more of that series even if they didn't contain any homo scenerios. The show showed these two WOMEN saying that they decided to HAVE A BABY and showed a small FEMALE baby in the show. Good thing the two of them wern't on a deserted island and decided to have a baby.... duuhhhhhh
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 9:29:11 AM EST
Originally Posted By Emoto: You'd have to ask the producer. FWIW, you had better get used to the fact that there are all kinds of "families" out there[:K] that may seem quite different from yours. You do children no favors[:K] by preventing them from understanding this.[:K] - another middle-aged hetero white guy[:K]
View Quote
[:K][:K][:K][:K][:K][:K][:K][:K]
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 9:46:47 AM EST
Originally Posted By Emoto: Amazing how one voice of dissent pisses people off, eh?
View Quote
Yes, thank you for bravely toeing the liberal/we are the world/give freaks a chance/democrat party line. It's a very bold and stouthearted thing to do here in this fairly conservative environment.
View Quote
Heh. My tendency to speak out has been darn inconvenient at times. Don't confuse me with a Democrat, though. I have no political affiliation, but am liking the Libertarians more and more.
Actually, I doubt anyone here would care either way what people do behind closed doors and window blinds if they weren't actively campaigning to have their perversions forcibly preached as "normal," which they decidedly are not.
View Quote
About 11 years ago, I got a job at a company where it tuned out there were maybe 20% gays and lesbians. I have no idea why--it was financial services. Most of them you'd have absolutely no idea unless they or someone else told you. They acted normal. I don't care what they do when they're alone. I became friendly with some of the lesbians, and in so doing, learned a little about them and their lives, and so forth. They didn't want anything different than you or I want out of life. And, they certainly weren't cramming anything about how they live down people's throats. They were ok, in my book. I think it is like any other group. A certain percentage are activists, but most are just regular folks. I don't know why some people feel threatened by this.
Were you paying attention at all to what was posted? This program with lesbians sucking face was on the show "Animal Planet." That [b]IS[/b] the Discovery Channel!
View Quote
Is it? Didn't know that, and the original post didn't mention that fact. Like the original poster, I would have assumed that the Discovery channel was pretty much without an agenda, and would have been surprised to see that sort of thing there. Raising a kid properly is a very tough job, and it is too bad that one of the programs is now verboten for the little ones.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 9:51:06 AM EST
I have no problem seeing hot lesbian kissing on TV [:P] What ? you say its a family show?? Than that is a no no..
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 10:02:29 AM EST
Originally Posted By Emoto: Heh. My tendency to speak out has been darn inconvenient at times. Don't confuse me with a Democrat, though. I have no political affiliation, but am liking the Libertarians more and more.
View Quote
People will associate you with those whose cause you take up. It's a fact of life, so you should get used to it.
About 11 years ago, I got a job at a company where it tuned out there were maybe 20% gays and lesbians. I have no idea why--it was financial services. Most of them you'd have absolutely no idea unless they or someone else told you. They acted normal. I don't care what they do when they're alone. I became friendly with some of the lesbians, and in so doing, learned a little about them and their lives, and so forth. They didn't want anything different than you or I want out of life. And, they certainly weren't cramming anything about how they live down people's throats. They were ok, in my book. I think it is like any other group. A certain percentage are activists, but most are just regular folks. I don't know why some people feel threatened by this.
View Quote
You've had a rosy acquaintance with homosexuals, and that's very special. Some of us, however, have come about our knowledge of homosexuals through much more unpleasant and costly experiences. Can you understand that you might have very well seen those people, since you dealt with them in their place of employment, at their very low-key best, and on their best, most normal-seeming, behavior? And that others' experiences could vary wildly from your own?
Is it? Didn't know that, and the original post didn't mention that fact. Like the original poster, I would have assumed that the Discovery channel was pretty much without an agenda, and would have been surprised to see that sort of thing there. Raising a kid properly is a very tough job, and it is too bad that one of the programs is now verboten for the little ones.
View Quote
The original post referred to the TV show "Animal Planet." I don't have cable TV, but I know that the TV show "Animal Planet" is on the cable TV network "Discovery Channel." You'd have thought it would be without an agenda, but you'd be incorrect in that assumption.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 10:18:35 AM EST
Originally Posted By Emoto: Religious considerations aside, what am I missing in terms of these consequences?
View Quote
There is a difference between right and wrong. Since there is a difference, there must be an authority that defines that difference. I know you are [u]not[/u] that authority. I also know that the TV networks are [u]not[/u] that authority. Right and wrong are defined by the one who created the universe and everything in it. Discarding that fundamental truth may make you look smart to the feeble minded, but to those who are paying attention, it undermines your argument. Homosexuality is wrong. Period. Promoting it on TV is wrong. Presenting it to children is wrong. There is no argument that can defend (or in your case, excuse) what is wrong at its very core.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 10:30:29 AM EST
Originally Posted By Jarhead_22: People will associate you with those whose cause you take up. It's a fact of life, so you should get used to it.
View Quote
No problem. I'll clarify. I treat everybody the same unless they are trying to hurt me or someone else.
You've had a rosy acquaintance with homosexuals, and that's very special. Some of us, however, have come about our knowledge of homosexuals through much more unpleasant and costly experiences. Can you understand that you might have very well seen those people, since you dealt with them in their place of employment, at their very low-key best, and on their best, most normal-seeming, behavior? And that others' experiences could vary wildly from your own?
Absolutely! There is almost always a spectrum of different behavior in any large group of people. I can no more say "all gays are ok" than someone else can say they're all bad (except from a religious perspective). Just like I can't say that all heterosexuals are ok, either...
View Quote
The original post referred to the TV show "Animal Planet." I don't have cable TV, but I know that the TV show "Animal Planet" is on the cable TV network "Discovery Channel." You'd have thought it would be without an agenda, but you'd be incorrect in that assumption.
View Quote
Too bad. Maybe the National Geographic channel is better? I gotta say, this is really weird to find myself posting anything on this topic, when I was out to read and maybe post about guns. If I had seen the lsbo kiss on TV I might have raised an eyebrow, but that's about it. If I had been watching with children, I would have had to gauge my response pretty carefully to decide what to do in terms of their understanding and whether or not I needed to say anythign to them. It would not be a responsibility I'd relish.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 10:39:29 AM EST
Originally Posted By BlammO:
Originally Posted By Emoto: Religious considerations aside, what am I missing in terms of these consequences?
View Quote
There is a difference between right and wrong. Since there is a difference, there must be an authority that defines that difference. I know you are [u]not[/u] that authority. I also know that the TV networks are [u]not[/u] that authority. Right and wrong are defined by the one who created the universe and everything in it. Discarding that fundamental truth may make you look smart to the feeble minded, but to those who are paying attention, it undermines your argument. Homosexuality is wrong. Period. Promoting it on TV is wrong. Presenting it to children is wrong. There is no argument that can defend (or in your case, excuse) what is wrong at its very core.
View Quote
It is not for me to judge gays, so I don't. The line "Judge not, lest ye be judged" comes to mind.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 10:50:58 AM EST
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 2:53:44 PM EST
Originally Posted By Emoto: Amazing how one voice of dissent pisses people off, eh? You would think firearms owners, with all the BS we have had to endure would be less quick to judge. Hey, and for those of you prefessing to toss cookies over my remarks, watch out for your shoes! :-) Seems like there are two threads here: 1) homosexuality is immoral, disgusting, etc. 2) TV should be free of things like homosexuality so children can watch it For #1 there is no response other than to each his own. I don't want anything to do with those "alternate" lifestyles, but I won't deny someone else the freedom to do as they please, nor do I think the government ought to be in the business of deciding anything on matters of the heart.
View Quote
What a crock! Don't think that because you are a lone dissenter that you are somehow elevated/special/right. And don't pull this "quick to judge" crap. Homosexuality is wrong, and no moral-relativism/leftist/diversity BS will change that. You see, there is a difference between right and wrong. And there is nothing stopping us from speaking out against it, and pointing out that lifestyle choices bring consequences. No mindless drivel about "right to do as you please," "to each his own," or invoking the bloody flag of "the government shouldn't be involved" makes homosexuality moral.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 3:34:24 PM EST
Originally Posted By Avtomat:
Originally Posted By Emoto: Amazing how one voice of dissent pisses people off, eh? You would think firearms owners, with all the BS we have had to endure would be less quick to judge. Hey, and for those of you prefessing to toss cookies over my remarks, watch out for your shoes! :-) Seems like there are two threads here: 1) homosexuality is immoral, disgusting, etc. 2) TV should be free of things like homosexuality so children can watch it For #1 there is no response other than to each his own. I don't want anything to do with those "alternate" lifestyles, but I won't deny someone else the freedom to do as they please, nor do I think the government ought to be in the business of deciding anything on matters of the heart.
View Quote
What a crock! Don't think that because you are a lone dissenter that you are somehow elevated/special/right. And don't pull this "quick to judge" crap. Homosexuality is wrong, and no moral-relativism/leftist/diversity BS will change that. You see, there is a difference between right and wrong. And there is nothing stopping us from speaking out against it, and pointing out that lifestyle choices bring consequences. No mindless drivel about "right to do as you please," "to each his own," or invoking the bloody flag of "the government shouldn't be involved" makes homosexuality moral.
View Quote
WHAT HE SAID!!! [:O] Yowzers...I LIKE them words. Well done. Ahhhhh....a breath of fresh air to clear the sinus cavities. [:D]
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 5:57:55 AM EST
What a crock! Don't think that because you are a lone dissenter that you are somehow elevated/special/right.
View Quote
Where is that coming from? I made no claim about being special or anything like that, did I?
And don't pull this "quick to judge" crap.
View Quote
You seem to be confused. I said nothing about being "quick to judge". What I did say was a response to someone invoking god to lend weight to his argument. I paraphrased the bible saying "The line "Judge not, lest ye be judged" comes to mind." which was to point out that basically the Christian code of morality leaves judging others up to god, not to man.
Homosexuality is wrong, and no moral-relativism/leftist/diversity BS will change that. You see, there is a difference between right and wrong.
View Quote
You might want to study history and the various cultures of the world. You will find, to your surprise and perhaps dismay, that all cultures have not been 100% in agreement with your view of what is and is not moral.
And there is nothing stopping us from speaking out against it, and pointing out that lifestyle choices bring consequences
View Quote
Nothing to stop you at all, and that is one of the reasons this country is so great. No matter how you and I may disagree about our fellow citizens, we will fight to defend their rights.
No mindless drivel about "right to do as you please," "to each his own," or invoking the bloody flag of "the government shouldn't be involved" makes homosexuality moral.
View Quote
That is your opinion, and you are not alone in it. Apart from 10 commandments type things, I take no position on the morality of others. The point is not whether you and I think homos are moral or not; the point is that it is really none of our business. I've got no particular beef with someone being gay, and you do. End of story.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 6:21:29 AM EST
Originally Posted By MournSword: My suggestions for what little they are worth... Send a letter and /or email to the "Animal Planet people", and a carbon copy to it's paying advertisers about what you think of that show and / or channel. Tell 'em you aren't going to let your family watch that shit, and aren't going to buy the products either. Then don't buy them either!!
View Quote
Excellent idea.
Lesbos and Homos shacking up like some prehistoric primates aren't a "family", and I don't give a shit if you like it or not. Stop trying to be so fucking "PC" and tell me all about how this is a "family".
View Quote
From dictionary.com: fam·i·ly Pronunciation Key (fm-l, fml) n. pl. fam·i·lies 1. a. A fundamental social group in society typically consisting of one or two parents and their children. b. Two or more people who share goals and values, have long-term commitments to one another, and reside usually in the same dwelling place. Your definition is "a". I meant family in the sense of "b". There's nothing PC about it; that's just the way it is.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 6:30:13 AM EST
Question is now how to get all that saliva off all the small fur bearing rodents!
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 6:38:39 AM EST
Originally Posted By Emoto: My suggestions for what little they are worth... From dictionary.com: famáiály Pronunciation Key (fm-l, fml) n. pl. famáiálies 1. a. A fundamental social group in society typically consisting of one or two parents and their children.
View Quote
b. Two or more people who share goals and values, have long-term commitments to one another, and reside usually in the same dwelling place. Your definition is "a". I meant family in the sense of "b". There's nothing PC about it; that's just the way it is.
View Quote
Webster being your final authority in such matters? God said...in His bible... That a man shall leave his parents and cling unto his wife..and that a woman shall leave her parents and cling to her husband.. And that marriage is between one man and one woman... Any other man made alternative is wrong...period...no acceptions...finito..the end..
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 7:19:00 AM EST
Originally Posted By 9divdoc: Webster being your final authority in such matters? God said...in His bible... That a man shall leave his parents and cling unto his wife..and that a woman shall leave her parents and cling to her husband.. And that marriage is between one man and one woman... Any other man made alternative is wrong...period...no acceptions...finito..the end..
View Quote
I respect people of faith. I won't try to change them. That your religion has what you wrote as a fundamental point is fine with me. It makes no sense to draw this out any further, that I can see. As my father used to say: "to each his own, said the old lady as she kissed the cow."...
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 7:20:20 AM EST
Originally Posted By Emoto: It is not for me to judge gays, so I don't. The line "Judge not, lest ye be judged" comes to mind.
View Quote
I'm just guessing here, but it appears you don't have any inkling about what's in the bible since you 1) disregard God's teaching and 2) quote it out of context to suit your viewpoint. You're probably referring to Matthew 7:1. Please get a bible and read the entire chapter (or the entire bible, for that matter). Here's a snip from the NIV study bible notes on that passage:
The Christian is not to judge hypocritically or self-righteously, as can be seen from the context (v. 5). Scripture repeatedly exhorts believers to evaluate and choose between good and bad people and things (sexually immoral, 1Co 5:9; those who masquerade as angels of light, 2Co 11:14; dogs, Php 3:2; false prophets, 1Jn 4:1). The Christian is to "test everything" (1Th 5:21).
View Quote
Here are a couple of those referenced verses: [list][*][b]1 Corinthians 5:9-11[/b]: I have written you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people--not at all meaning the people of this world who are immoral, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters. In that case you would have to leave this world. But now I am writing you that you must not associate with anyone who calls himself a brother but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or a slanderer, a drunkard or a swindler. With such a man do not even eat. (NIV)[/*] [*][b]1 Thessalonians 5:21-22[/b]: Test everything. Hold on to the good. Avoid every kind of evil. (NIV)[/*][/list] Or you might be referring to Luke 6:37. Here is a snip from the NIV notes on that passage:
Jesus did not relieve hi followers of the need for discerning right and wrong, but he condemned unjust and hypocritical judging of others.
View Quote
The bible is a total package. It's God's word, not a collection of convenient quotes for you to abuse. Pick up a copy and read it--thoroughly. Or send me your address and I'll send one to you. [size=1][b]MournSword[/b], good to see you here![/size=1]
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 7:23:17 AM EST
[Last Edit: 7/18/2002 7:24:52 AM EST by KBaker]
Originally Posted By 9divdoc:
Originally Posted By Emoto: My suggestions for what little they are worth... From dictionary.com: famáiály Pronunciation Key (fm-l, fml) n. pl. famáiálies 1. a. A fundamental social group in society typically consisting of one or two parents and their children.
View Quote
b. Two or more people who share goals and values, have long-term commitments to one another, and reside usually in the same dwelling place. Your definition is "a". I meant family in the sense of "b". There's nothing PC about it; that's just the way it is.
View Quote
Webster being your final authority in such matters? God said...in His bible... That a man shall leave his parents and cling unto his wife..and that a woman shall leave her parents and cling to her husband.. And that marriage is between one man and one woman... Any other man made alternative is wrong...period...no acceptions...finito..the end..
View Quote
But what if, like me, you don't follow the Judeo-Christian faith? It would seem that you are justified by your faith in hating me because I don't conform to [i]your[/i] beliefs. (Another problem I've got with the faithful.)
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 7:36:50 AM EST
Just teach kids to point and laugh until they are old enough to kick 'em in the ass.[:D]
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 8:21:04 AM EST
View Quote
Children don't need indiviuals who choose to live a deviant lifestyle portrayed as a "Family". A "Family" starts with a mother and father. A gay couple is a gay couple, NOT a Family.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 8:21:43 AM EST
Originally Posted By KBaker: But what if, like me, you don't follow the Judeo-Christian faith? It would seem that you are justified by your faith in hating me because I don't conform to [i]your[/i] beliefs. (Another problem I've got with the faithful.)
View Quote
There can only be one truth, regardless of what your or I believe. You've got to make an informed decision and accept the consequences; good or bad.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 8:29:09 AM EST
Originally Posted By KBaker: But what if, like me, you don't follow the Judeo-Christian faith? It would seem that you are justified by your faith in hating me because I don't conform to [i]your[/i] beliefs. (Another problem I've got with the faithful.)
View Quote
There can only be one truth, regardless of what your or I believe. You've got to make an informed decision and accept the consequences; good or bad.
View Quote
Yup. [b]"ONE[/b] truth! MINE! And if you don't agree then God says it's OK if I send you to hell, since you're going there anyway!" I'm not saying that's [i]your[/i] attitude, but it explains the last 2,000+ years of history. Heathens and Jews, Catholics and Protestants, Christians and heathens, Christians and Jews, Christians and Moslems, Moslems and Jews, Catholics and Catholics, and so on, and so on, and so on. Yeah, you've got the one, the only TRUTH. Well, just remember, I live on the same planet you do. When you and your bretheren decide that God wants you to "purify" the "infidel," just remember I shoot back. The one thing history proves is that God favors the side with greater firepower. It don't always work that way, but it's the safest bet.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 8:57:02 AM EST
Originally Posted By KBaker:
View Quote
View Quote
Yup. [b]"ONE[/b] truth! MINE! And if you don't agree then God says it's OK if I send you to hell, since you're going there anyway!" I'm not saying that's [i]your[/i] attitude, but it explains the last 2,000+ years of history. Heathens and Jews, Catholics and Protestants, Christians and heathens, Christians and Jews, Christians and Moslems, Moslems and Jews, Catholics and Catholics, and so on, and so on, and so on. Yeah, you've got the one, the only TRUTH. Well, just remember, I live on the same planet you do. When you and your bretheren decide that God wants you to "purify" the "infidel," just remember I shoot back. The one thing history proves is that God favors the side with greater firepower. It don't always work that way, but it's the safest bet.
View Quote
Where did that come from??? I think you have me mistaken for a muslim. Evil has been around since Adam & Eve and there's nothing new about blaming God for it or claiming His authority to do evil. You'd be doing yourself a huge favor by taking the time to inform yourself a little better about history. Let's try this one more time (and pay attention this time): [size=3]There can only be one truth, regardless of what your or I believe. You've got to make an informed decision and accept the consequences; good or bad.[/size=3]
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 9:09:44 AM EST
Originally Posted By BlammO: Where did that come from??? I think you have me mistaken for a muslim. Evil has been around since Adam & Eve and there's nothing new about blaming God for it or claiming His authority to do evil. You'd be doing yourself a huge favor by taking the time to inform yourself a little better about history. Let's try this one more time (and pay attention this time): [size=3]There can only be one truth, regardless of what your or I believe. You've got to make an informed decision and accept the consequences; good or bad.[/size=3]
View Quote
BlammO, "that" came from extrapolating the "I have access to the only "truth" there is, and if you don't believe it, you're going to hell" philosophy that you just espoused. There are a lot of people who believe that they and they only possess the [i]truth[/i]. When disparate groups who believe they and they only have this knowledge meet up with other groups who are just as certain, and those truths don't equate, then you get conflict. So, we have Lesbians on the Animal Planet channel, and the Christian possessors of their particular revealed truth believe homosexuality is a sin. To date, religious-based hatred of the homosexual (Love the sinner! Hate the sin!) has resulted in the beatings and deaths of people who do not happen to share this particular "truth." Well, while I'm not homosexual, I don't happen to share that particular truth myself. [i]You[/i] may not advocate or even tolerate violence towards "people not like me," but it happens and it [i]is[/i] supported, condoned, or simply accepted by people with religious convictions that tell them that homosexuality is a sin. Hey, if you [i]are[/i] right, when I die I'll be judged. And I accept that. But far too many humans do the judging themselves, and decide that it's up to them to carry out the sentence. It's been that way throughout history. Reading many of these responses, I see that attitude.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top